Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is only 3 more weeks till the mount becomes 1% so not "most guilds" anymore....
    It becomes 1% when the next expansion launches.

who cares it's a shit ground mount you won't use anyway

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mahesvara View Post
    If the mount is that big of a deal to you idk what to say. You'll get it eventually we still have all of ToS and w/e the Argus raid will be called and by the time your in mythic ToS you'll easily be able to smash M NH on an off night.
    um no. the mount goes down to a 1% drop when Tomb hits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    no, it becomes 1% when the next tier launches

Quote Originally Posted by at View Post
    giving the mount to relevant people is quite normal
    Yeah sounds like OP is a raid logger that doesn't contribute at all, so he's mad because he knows he's won't get the mount first.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Source?
    other wise stop spewing crap

- - - Updated - - -

This has literally never been the case. Stop spreading misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like we got a badass non-mythic raider here telling mythic raiders how loot works.

how do we come to this conclusion? a mythic raider knows how loot works, you don't, stop spreading bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is only 3 more weeks till the mount becomes 1% so not "most guilds" anymore....
    nope /10chars

and OP it's attendance, killing gul'dan this late has nothing to do with performance or who parses the best, it's about turning up every single week every raid and pushing to complete the tier, if you're 90 percentile but you turn up 70% of the time, then your raid group has to progress 3 out of 10 raids without you, that's not very useful now they have to progress with different players each time which only slows down progress even more.

and gbank contribution? lol maybe if they donated in the millions, otherwise even 100k is nothing vs the mounts value if you sold it.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-06-02 at 12:24 AM.

My old guild used to master loot the mounts that dropped from Mythic end bosses, it was always rewarded to the person with the highest attendance throughout that tier. This was always communicated clearly from the start. Honestly I think your leaders are playing a dangerous game by keeping this information behind closed doors, it's only going to create animosity within the guild as it's not entirely clear on what you have to do in order to obtain one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    um no...this mount will be 100% drop rate for the rest of the expansion. just like blackhand was.
    i knew it worked that way but somone else claimed otherwise and i trusted them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    looks like we got a badass non-mythic raider here telling mythic raiders how loot works.

how do we come to this conclusion? a mythic raider knows how loot works, you don't, stop spreading bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

nope /10chars

and OP it's attendance, killing gul'dan this late has nothing to do with performance or who parses the best, it's about turning up every single week every raid and pushing to complete the tier, if you're 90 percentile but you turn up 70% of the time, then your raid group has to progress 3 out of 10 raids without you, that's not very useful now they have to progress with different players each time which only slows down progress even more.

and gbank contribution? lol maybe if they donated in the millions, otherwise even 100k is nothing vs the mounts value if you sold it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    I thought it becomes 1% at the end of the expansion?
    See above me ^
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

ok, i made a mistake. I was sure that it went to 1%, had been told by someone that it had, looks like I (and they) was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you new to being in guilds that kill final bosses that have mounts? This is traditionally the way that majority of the people go with for the first handful of kills. Besides, it's not like the guaranteed drop is going away in 7.2.5. Before you know it, all of your raiders will have the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Normally the mount goes towards the raid leader or one of the officers because they have a far greater responsibility than other members of the raid team. Such as writing up strats, co-coordinating the raid during boss encounters. Managing things such as loot distribution etc etc.

While it may seem 'unfair' to the other raiders, but the amount of extra work the raid leaders do should be rewarded beyond just getting the kill.

Sucks but not a big deal. In a few months, Gul'Dan will be significantly easier and pugable, like every first tier boss in every expansion that dropped mounts (Ragnaros, Blackhand, etc.).

If your guild isn't doing it, pug it with a weekly group that does an order, or buy it for likely only 500k at end of expac.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually make up fucked up rolling games or activities to give out the mounts.

Eligibility wise the first several mounts (like 5) go to people who started the expansion. I do this to just reward people who have been there since the start. So for us, only the people who started EN with us could roll on the first 5 mounts. After those first 5 I expanded it to people who started Nighthold progression. From there I just wait until everybody who started NH progression has obtained one before people I recruited in the middle of NH or beyond can obtain one.

We did the same thing in WoD. However the Archimonde one I gave to our Monk tank as a joke, because he had to kill himself on every single crystal for our first kill.

I'm raid and guild leader of my guild and generally I always take the mount last. I do this because I don't care about mounts, and it makes it easier to push my opinion on how I think mounts should be rewarded if I have absolutely nothing to gain from it. Even if I cared about a particular mount drop I'd still wait the same amount of time. Mounts aren't going anywhere and it's purely cosmetic.

You'll be able to get the mount 100% until the end of Legion so idk why this is even an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    So, my guild is consistently progressing on Mythic Gul'dan right now, and are steadily getting into p3 at this point, so a kill is very likely to happen prior to Tomb, and most likely will happen tonight or Sunday night.

Now, since we are so close to killing Gul'dan, I whispered one of our leaders what was going to happen with the mount, to which he responded that the first one would be master looted to the person they felt contributed the most to the raid's success this tier.

Now, I have a few things wrong with this.

First, this hasn't been communicated to the raid publicly, at all. What happens when the mount drops, and all the officers go "This is being given to XXX because they contributed the most" and then proceed to masterloot the mount? If I didn't know beforehand, I would be absolutely pissed.

Second, I find that Master Looter is best utilized when it's used to give pieces of gear to the person that would benefit the raid the most. AKA, all the gear goes to the dps first, because every fight gets easier with higher dps. Master Looting a mount does nothing to improve the raid.

Third, what is considered "the most contribution" to success? The person that performed highest on parses? The person that fucked up the least? The person with perfect attendance? The person that donated the most mats for cauldrons/food? Could someone have theoretically bought the gul'dan mount by spending millions of gold funding the raid?

Fourth, the reasoning behind it is that the group will likely farm mounts for the entire raid group before the expansion is over, but when the hell is that going to be? Nobody's going to want to do this on a progression night in lieu of focusing on Tomb, which means that we'd have to devote another night (or 2 in reality) to farming this mount for everyone to get one. We have a 26 man roster, so 26 weeks of farming this mount. That's a half a year before the guild can start selling them. How much longer is Legion going to be out, with this mount not set to a 2% drop?

What are your thoughts? Am I just being childish because I most likely will not be in the running for the first mount? How many other guilds ML mounts?
    You're a raider, kill the boss and let the the officers deal with officer things. What they said is pretty commonplace in raid guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Sucks but not a big deal. In a few months, Gul'Dan will be significantly easier and pugable, like every first tier boss in every expansion that dropped mounts (Ragnaros, Blackhand, etc.).

If your guild isn't doing it, pug it with a weekly group that does an order, or buy it for likely only 500k at end of expac.
    Except Ragnaros was in the second tier and was hardly puggable even on 10 man by the end of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Have you ever put together a guild? It's a huge amount of work and largely thankless. So when you get to experience one of the privileges of the role, like giving out a mount, you tend to reward each other, or other members of the guild's inner circle.
    Yes, I have put together and led a successful raiding guild. That was back in BC and Wrath, but, still managed to kill the end bosses when they were relevant content each tier. I know full well how much work it is both leading a guild and a raid, but I didn't for a second think I deserved a mount more than someone else that was there with me the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah sounds like OP is a raid logger that doesn't contribute at all, so he's mad because he knows he's won't get the mount first.
    Nice try with the insult. Actually, I'm not. I'm online quite a bit each day, running shit with the guild both on my main (who is a main healer with perfect guild raid attendance) and a tank alt, helping dudes get 15s done each week. I also do farming for cauldrons and feasts. No need to be a presumptive douchebag to someone that simply wanted to hear opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Are you new to being in guilds that kill final bosses that have mounts? This is traditionally the way that majority of the people go with for the first handful of kills. Besides, it's not like the guaranteed drop is going away in 7.2.5. Before you know it, all of your raiders will have the mount.
    Yes, I am, to an extent I guess. That's why I'm asking people's opinions, as I generally haven't encountered this situation before. When I lead my previous guild, we always /rolled the mounts that dropped. This included Ashes, Attumen's mount, the Drakes from Maly/OS, Invincible, and Mimiron's head. We never ML'd them, not once. So again, getting opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    Yes, I am, to an extent I guess. That's why I'm asking people's opinions, as I generally haven't encountered this situation before. When I lead my previous guild, we always /rolled the mounts that dropped. This included Ashes, Attumen's mount, the Drakes from Maly/OS, Invincible, and Mimiron's head. We never ML'd them, not once. So again, getting opinions.
    Then as a serious response, a lot of guilds will often give the mounts to the main officers/core contributors to the guild, then have them roll off to members, and then to trials. The way your guild is handling the mount isn't uncommon at all, and while they should communicate how they're doing it, it shouldn't come off as a surprise to most people. As I said in my last post, before you know it everyone in your guild will have the mount, Gul'dan will only get easier as you get your skip and once people get more ToS gear.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-06-02 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    Talk to your guildmates about it, not us. I keep seeing this in WoW and other games (also non-gaming enviroments) and I'm constantly "surprised" at how many people are unable to discuss things like this without either getting emotional or just flat out not taking part in the discussion.

With WoW being out for over 10 years the average age of the WoW player has gone up quite a bit if I remember correctly because a lot of the players are still the ones who started playing when they were younger. Especially if you take raiding enviroments usually being a bit more "mature" (definetly so if you've killed or are about to kill Gul'dan at this point).

Talk about things with the people you are interacting with for crying out loud, and do it properly. Don't go crying to strangers for confirmation of your opinion. Most Mythic guilds right now are recruiting exclusively 18+ members, and most probably being 22-28 of age, it boggles my mind how hard it is for people to act like adults. I get that you don't necessarily act like "adults" to random strangers. But if you've signed on to raid with people 2-4 days a night I'd think you would, even if you have, as an example, immature or politically incorrect humour, you can still discuss things like reasonable people if the need arises.