For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

PTR supports cross-region, but US to EU transfers always been impossible.

Just noticed copying a US char and EU char to same PTR just works fine :P

They never allowed this option on Live realms however. I rerolled as long ago as 2008, just interesting to see this right now even while it probably is in PTR for a long time now.

I got 2 accounts on the same bnet.

(mind you my inactive US account char is a level 20, under the Trial cap), the other chars have weird names with letters and numbers and cannot be copied.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-02 at 02:02 AM.

The PTR does not support cross-region, it essentially is a region of its own.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The PTR does not support cross-region, it essentially is a region of its own.
    Well it does allow the same character data from 2 different accounts/regions to exist on 1 server, I know this isn't a Live-environment, so copying tech is likely different then Transfering.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-02 at 02:06 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The PTR is a test region where the live regions have different contract laws that each must abide by. If you wish for Blizzard to be able to allow EU to NA and vice versa transfers, take it up with the EU government which governs the contract laws there, and the US government which governs contract laws there.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I wonder why they haven't just merged US and EU regions yet. I mean, if oceanic servers can be part of the US region whey they are on the other side of the world, can't see why european servers cannot.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    I wonder why they haven't just merged US and EU regions yet. I mean, if oceanic servers can be part of the US region whey they are on the other side of the world, can't see why european servers cannot.
    To keep too many languages spilling into English speaking Majority servers. It was annoying enough pre-Latin servers on NA having BR people screaming random shit 24/7 in trade. at least they have Latin American Servers now.

Though Ragnaros is still an eyesore.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    To keep too many languages spilling into English speaking Majority servers. It was annoying enough pre-Latin servers on NA having BR people screaming random shit 24/7 in trade. at least they have Latin American Servers now.

Though Ragnaros is still an eyesore.
    Well european trade chat recruitment is constantly filled with Scandinavian/Eastern european recruitment too, even seen French/Russian on english server, I just wish the in-game recruitment tools were improved so trade chat wasn't the place for that.

They can't make realms for each country tho.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incredible differences in latency. An east coast player might have less of it to EU, but a west coast US player will have huge latency problems.

Deleted
    Because people from those regions wouldn't get along with each other. Just like Alliance players don't get along with Horde players, which is why the faction language scrambler exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Because people from those regions wouldn't get along with each other. Just like Alliance players don't get along with Horde players, which is why the faction language scrambler exists.
    I'm horde and my wife is alliance and we have no issues getting along. Not sure where you got all of your data from.