Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's pretty good press for them that they keep getting referred to as "bounty hunters".

They're actually Bail Enforcement Agents. Or Fugitive Recovery Agents.
    yeah, it's not as cool as fictional bounty hunters.

but hey, it's the closest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What is your solution?
    Presumably make it the job of law enforcement rather than generally untrained contractors with poor oversight.

I think the US is the only country in the world that uses this system, outside the Philippines. And it was introduced there because of the US occupation in the early 1900s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Jango got murked by Windu. Windu > Jango
    Boba was only cool because of the Extended Universe. The extended universe no longer exists....so as it stands now, for all intents and purposes, he's just another goon that got knocked into the Sarlac Pit.
    windu was one of the strongest jedi to ever live, even counting the old sith and jedi of the old republic.

like i said, he killed six lesser jedi without even using weapons. though, to be fair, all the jedi of the movie era-council were weak bitches outside of windu. the old republic council would turn the movie-era council inside out.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You go to Jail, pay Bail, get out of Jail, then agree to return to the courts at a set date for your trial.

Edit: I don't think you understand that posting Bail does not mean that you're innocent. It just means you don't have to sit in a jail cell for XXZ days until your trial comes up. You *STILL* have to go back to court.
    Then reform the bail system, put chasing down bail skips on the plate of law enforcement. I have no problem with that, however, in the US that isnt' the case yet. In the US its a private thing because its a legal contract btwn the accused and the bail bondsman. Which is why the police aren't involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me something, how much experience do you have with bailbondsman in the US? I really want to know so I know how to treat your supposed wisdom on the subject matter.
    I have no experience with them as I haven't ever been on bail but that's irrelevant. If it's a crime to skip bail rather it be personal fusnds or a bailsboundman it should be the polic dealing with it not any one else if bailsboundman want to stop offering there services because they can't get random people trained or other wise to round up people that doesn't mean the bail system as a whole needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    you know until 3 people end up dead because of it.

ps jango fett died because of being a bounty hunter.
    Oh jesus, by your logic construction workers should not exist because someone has died doing it.

Bail recovery agents serve a role that is needed.

There are not enough police on the clock to spend man hours doing what these guys do to track bail jumpers down.

Does anyone actually have bounty hunter mortality rates or is MMO-C just flying off the hing again?

"Ma emotions!"
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-06-02 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    windu was one of the strongest jedi to ever live, even counting the old sith and jedi of the old republic.

like i said, he killed six lesser jedi without even using weapons. though, to be fair, all the jedi of the movie era-council were weak bitches outside of windu. the old republic council would turn the movie-era council inside out.
    Again, none of that is canon anymore. Now he's just an idiot that decided he could go toe to toe with a jedi master and lost
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Again, none of that is canon anymore. Now he's just an idiot that decided he could go toe to toe with a jedi master and lost
    i continue to believe the old stuff. disney canon is pure shit.

also, the old republic is kinda canon now, since they had the sith temple of the triumvirate in rebels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    They should be more like investigators tracking the people down, then calling the police to arrest them.
    You dont know the difference in civil and criminal, do you?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Oh jesus, by your logic construction workers should not exist because someone has died doing it.

Bail recovery agents serve a role that is needed.

There are not enough police on the clock to spend man hours doing what these guys do to track bail jumpers down.

Does anyone actually have bounty hunter mortality rates or is MMO-C just flying off the hing again?

"Ma emotions!"
    If construction works start going into car dealerships and puting guns to people heads then no they shouldn't exist. The only reason to get a bounty hunter is because ma money and I can't speak for you but I don't put money who're people's life's.

also, the old republic is kinda canon now, since they had the sith temple of the triumvirate in rebels.
    your going to lose this battle, mmochamp is full of disney shills that gobble up any pile of shit disney brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Did the perps shoot back or was it just the bounty hunters, i feel like we are missing most of the story.
    Well, I'm hoping that the bounty hunters didn't just decided to shoot themselves to death...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no experience with them as I haven't ever been on bail but that's irrelevant. If it's a crime to skip bail rather it be personal fusnds or a bailsboundman it should be the polic dealing with it not any one else if bailsboundman want to stop offering there services because they can't get random people trained or other wise to round up people that doesn't mean the bail system as a whole needs to go.
    its not a 'crime' to skip bail... just like its not a crime if you pay your next door neighbor to mow your lawn and your neighbor decides to pocket your money and let your grass grow.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    your going to lose this battle, mmochamp is full of disney shills that gobble up any pile of shit disney brands.
    hey, i'm content in knowing that i'm right and disney's wrong. my battle is internal, and i've already won.

but goddamn, would i love to see an R rated star wars movie with the yuuzhan vong.

What you choose to believe is your choice. However, officially, Boba Fett is technically still being slowly digested over 1000 years.

One building doesn't mean that all of Old Republic Lore is canon again.

- - - Updated - - -

hey, i'm content in knowing that i'm right and disney's wrong. my battle is internal, and i've already won.
    You reason like Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    its not a 'crime' to skip bail... just like its not a crime if you pay your next door neighbor to mow your lawn and your neighbor decides to pocket your money and let your grass grow.
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...iling-out.html
    This disagrees.

yeah, it's not as cool as fictional bounty hunters.

but hey, it's the closest thing.
    Give it a decade or two, I want to see those bounty hunters get some custom armor and jet packs.

What you choose to believe is your choice. However, officially, Boba Fett is technically still being slowly digested over 1000 years.

One building doesn't mean that all of Old Republic Lore is canon again.

- - - Updated - - -

You reason like Trump.
    it's all fictional, i just choose to believe one fiction over the other worse version of it.

depending on how much of the old republic is canon, then even the yuuzhan vong are canon again.

I fail to see the problem to be honest

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you missed the part where it says 'some states', didn't you? of course you did. What about all the states that DONT make it a crime? hmm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Presumably make it the job of law enforcement rather than generally untrained contractors with poor oversight.

I think the US is the only country in the world that uses this system, outside the Philippines. And it was introduced there because of the US occupation in the early 1900s.
    So, undertrained trigger happy people with poor oversight and union protection instead.