Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I'm kinda like that, being a polyphasic sleeper and all. Up midnight to 6, sleep 6 to 10-12 AM/PM, up again 10AM-12PM to 6PM and back to sleep 6PM to midnight.
    Hope you have health insurance for in a few years.

Deleted
    I've always been a night owl, then again I have insomnia, so.

yep i love the night more than the day, it was hard going to days again but the rotational part of my last job killed any hopes of raiding or gaming, and also add in poor mgmt it was time to leave. If i can go to go back to non-rotational night shift or better yet work from home i'd be so happy!!!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    No cause i am Dayman, fighter of the Nightman. I'm a master of karate and friendship to everyone.
    Turns out you're also grate with Kids, have a quick wit, and can jump about 30 to 40% higher then the average human.

I worked nights for about four years. I hated it. My body couldn't wait to get back to sleeping at night.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not care what time I go to bed, as long as most of the time I sleep, it is dark outside. I worked 3rd shift for 3 years. It sucked royally. :P Humans are naturally not nocturnal. Our eyes are not adopted well enough for it. We were meant to sleep when it is dark. :P Except for mid day naps, those do not count. lol!

I tend to be a night owl, in part because my circadian rhythms definitely aren't 24 hours. Left to my own devices, I'd probably end up at a 27-hour day or something.

I am constantly fighting my biological clock which insists that bedtime is 2-4AM and morning is 10-12AM. Work does not agree sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Sleep about 4-5 hours a day. Bed about 12:00 and up around 04:00-05:00. My sleep cycle is around 4 hours. I get up when I wake up. Some people naturally just don't require lots of sleep just as some people do.

Tried it mostly by accident by letting my sleeping schedule slide until I was. I was more comfortable, but without the outside influences normally telling me time is passing every day felt like only a couple hours long. It was terrible, and I've forced myself the other direction since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    So I am one of the few you could call "nocturne". For ~12 years now I always end up being awake and productive at night, while sleeping during daytime. Whenever I have to adopt to outer circumstances it only takes a few days to return me to the night. I wonder if someone else here is nocturnal?
    I walk with the night. I am a night porter at a hotel by trade. The darkness tells me secrets that the light hides from.

One effect from living these hours is that you "see time" much more clearly. The flow of it, and how it feels.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2017-06-02 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no choice. My work is during the day so I must sleep at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am weird in that i sleep a normal amount of time usually, around 7 - 8hrs normally, but my body gets sleepy later each day by like an hour or two a day until it eventually cycles around till i'm either up through most of the day or up through most of the night.
    There's actually nothing weird about this. Experiments with people locked in rooms with no access to clocks or daylight have shown that most people have a sleep cycle of about 25 hours. I.e you sleep for 8 hours and then you're awake for 17 hours, then repeat. Personally I've noticed that I have a cycle of about 26 hours which makes it really hard for me to go to sleep at the same time on consecutive days.

We need to make the earth spin a little slower so we can get those 26 hour days :P