Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    So you cant name a single beneficial reason for staying?
    I named two.

And I see you can't back up your claims, probably because they're blatantly false. You either know this and are lying/trolling, or you don't know this and refuse to find out -- which is willful ignorance.

Oh, and both China and India are far ahead of their aggressive projections. You know nothing about the subject. Ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    If this was really about saving the planet, "fuck them" seems like the wrong way to go. If they were so concerned about the planet, youd think they would be willing to negotiate. They aren't willing because this isn't about the planet. It's about money.
    The thing is, there were already negotiations, and the USA agreed to the terms when John Kerry signed the document last year.

How can the world trust that the USA will honour any contract these days, what with the president happy to break them at a whim?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Unless your very next post contains a link to how the US is giving money to China and India, you will prove yourself to be a blatant liar.
    It's on the GCF website. China is absent from the list. You won't see India's name listed either. So of course they don't mind. Remember when Trump said we need to get out of bad deals?

http://www.greenclimate.fund/partner...rces-mobilized

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How can the world trust that the USA will honour any contract these days, what with the president happy to break them at a whim?
    The rest of the world is late to this party. Trump has signed contracts he refused to pay for years, decades even. The difference this time, as @Endus has correctly pointed out, is that this time Trump didn't just choose not to pay. He chose to tell them ahead of time "I am not going to pay you". Which is just intentionally provocative in addition to everything else wrong with it.

I'd say it's incredible how willfully ignorant or stupid some people are when it comes to facts, but then I remember they elected a clown who helped to coin the "alternative facts" concept.
    So it sort of make sense.
    Still pretty facepalm-worthy. I can't really understand why and how someone would bury his head so far up his backside to ignore what is accepted by the near entirety of mankind and science community, without that even benefitting them at all. It looks like some sort of self-sacrificing stupidity without a cause. It's both fascination and deeply disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It's on the GCF website.
    The link you have posted says nothing about recipients. Therefore it does not address the specific question I asked.

I would like to thank you for proving that "hundreds of billions per year" is a completely bullshit argument, however. That was a nice touch.

Deleted
    There seems to be quite a few people that are saying that if the US will keep doing it's own thing to reduce carbon emissions, then it had no reason to leave the Paris accord. Instead, what is the reason for even joining it? You don't need to join an accord to do what you want to do anyway.

To put it in perspective, it's like saying you and your friends agree to go running every day. Now your friends all want to put that on paper and everybody to sign it to show "unity" or w/e. There is no reason to sign that, it even sounds ridiculous. Not signing doesn't imply you don't want to run.

If every country agrees to it, what is stopping them from doing that very same thing by themselves? They don't need anybody to back them to go ahead and improve their countries. Unless of course they were hoping for money from other countries, but nobody is that selfish right?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'd say it's incredible how willfully ignorant or stupid some people are when it comes to facts, but then I remember they elected a clown who helped to coin the "alternative facts" concept.
    So it sort of make sense.
    Still pretty facepalm-worthy. I can't really understand why and how someone would bury his head so far up his backside to ignore what is accepted by the near entirety of mankind and science community, without that even benefitting them at all. It looks like some sort of self-sacrificing stupidity without a cause. It's both fascination and deeply disgusting.
    Name BOTH the benefits and drawbacks of the accords from a US perspective?

Lets see if you know what they were about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    There seems to be quite a few people that are saying that if the US will keep doing it's own thing to reduce carbon emissions, then it had no reason to leave the Paris accord. Instead, what is the reason for even joining it? You don't need to join an accord to do what you want to do anyway.

To put it in perspective, it's like saying you and your friends agree to go running every day. Now your friends all want to put that on paper and everybody to sign it to show "unity" or w/e. There is no reason to sign that, it even sounds ridiculous. Not signing doesn't imply you don't want to run.

If every country agrees to it, what is stopping them from doing that very same thing by themselves? They don't need anybody to back them to go ahead and improve their countries. Unless of course they were hoping for money from other countries, but nobody is that selfish right?
    cause man, feelings and things. you gotta be part of the group, its whats cool! doesnt matter if some in the group have exponentially RISING emissions while yours lower year over year. its fiiiine, just join, also give us money, kthanks

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    America somehow elected Joffrey Baratheon as king.

The link you have posted says nothing about recipients. Therefore it does not address the specific question I asked.

I would like to thank you for proving that "hundreds of billions per year" is a completely bullshit argument, however. That was a nice touch.
    Well they aren't contributing either so what use is it?

15+ Year Old Account
    The rest of the world is late to this party. Trump has signed contracts he refused to pay for years, decades even. The difference this time, as @Endus has correctly pointed out, is that this time Trump didn't just choose not to pay. He chose to tell them ahead of time "I am not going to pay you". Which is just intentionally provocative in addition to everything else wrong with it.
    A lot people believed he will simmer down and become reasonable once in office. However as it turns out he's just needed an elevated position in order to increase the efficiency of his bullshit artillery. I have listened to the entire speech yesterday, most of it was self-adulation and then he was lamenting like an old fishwife using boilerplate Republican rhetorics mixed with Trumpoids i.e. more bullshit like clean/green coal and how everything will help the people. The reality is a lot European countries including my own wouldn't be in there if it was just one waste of money, I mean let's be honest: it's no short-term profit business, however in the long-term the job motors of the future are not to be found in ye olde coal and soot-spewing monster SUVs. There was a calculated self-interest for anyone who signed this. Least of all it was an philanthropic adventure since climate change will affect everyone even those denying it. It's like with those people who deny things first, then experience them and then tell you: Well, you should have been more insisting!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Name BOTH the benefits and drawbacks of the accords from a US perspective?

Lets see if you know what they were about.
    When you've ignored everyone who's done so, and demonstrated a complete failure to understand the agreement, yourself?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/01/why-c...agreement.html
    http://time.com/4799404/paris-agreem...rawal-climate/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nt-make-sense/

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Trump in his usual sad style has said they'll US will become the cleanest country, okay donald here have some super clean coal to play with together with your new friends on this matter, Syria and Nicaragua.

You think americans learned something after Bush foreign politics? Guess they didn't, enjoy the constantly increased isolation former international leader.

Deleted
    He's like: "I'm 70 years old, I don't need this agreement".
    Selfish and very dirty... Also this doesn't push technology forward and you instead get stuck in coal and oil era, which is probably exactly what he wants. Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post

If every country agrees to it, what is stopping them fro m doing that very same thing by themselves? They don't need anybody to back them to go ahead and improve their countries. Unless of course they were hoping for money from other countries, but nobody is that selfish right?
    Unless if you want to stop running in the near future, and that would be a breach of contract.
    By leaving the accords, there is one less fight for Donny to take when he starts mining them "clean coals" ...

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Exactly. The rest of the world will continue to do the right thing. Just not us. Because we elected a used car salesman.
    Make that snake oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The problem is the engineers can't start working seriously because denier BS keeps pushing back saying "NOT ENOUGH DATA" or rather "I don't agree with the data"
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Of course they can work on something that releases less CO2 regardless of whether or not there is a lot of CO2 in the atmosphere and regardless of whether that CO2 causes warming.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    He's like: "I'm 70 years old, I don't need this agreement".
    Selfish and very dirty... Also this doesn't push technology forward and you instead get stuck in coal and oil era, which is probably exactly what he wants. Disappointed
    Those industries will push ahead regardless. It's not that people don't want green energy. People want green energy when it can feasibly and economically replace fossil fuels.

Why should we pay developing countries billions of dollars with no assurances that the money will give them will be used on cutting emissions, no guarantee that they will even do it? Why should Americans tank their economy, give up their livelihood, on Obama pipe dreams? Why should Americans volunteer away more of their sovereignty to mega corporations?

Paris Accord is nothing but a con mans trick of the ignorant. Even if every country complied 100%, it is unlikely that they even achieve the outlined goal of the agreement. Paris accord is nothing more then the continued transfer of wealth from America to developing countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When you've ignored everyone who's done so, and demonstrated a complete failure to understand the agreement, yourself?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/01/why-c...agreement.html
    http://time.com/4799404/paris-agreem...rawal-climate/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nt-make-sense/
    i see you cannot name them, instead 3 opinion pieces. nice. LOL

Name positives and negatives. if you cant, then its just blind hatred and no reason from you.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2017-06-02 at 07:39 AM.