View Poll Results: Your least favorite expansion

Voters
772. This poll is closed
  • Classic (I know it is not an expansion)

16 2.07%
  • BC

29 3.76%
  • Wrath

16 2.07%
  • Cata

152 19.69%
  • MoP

66 8.55%
  • WoD

374 48.45%
  • Legion

119 15.41%
Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Your least favorite expansion

The other side of the coin to the "Favorite Expansion" Thread

Deleted
    WoD, mained a Warrior and having good dps did not off set my hatred of the whirlwind spam all expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough choice between Cata and WoD.

WoD is more fresh in memory, so I guess that wins.

Deleted
    I guess looking back I have to say Cataclysm. Started quitting there, didn't play a lot, was a huge change from the thoroughly enjoyed TBC and Wrath era.

Looking back I kinda liked soloing in MoP from time to time, in WoD I went back to raiding and it was amazing. Legion also was pretty good since I raided a lot and the raids are pretty damn good. The magic from the game's first few expansions have worn out though, so that's never coming back but it's still doing pretty good imo.

Btw, you forgot to add a poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Legion. WoD is pretty close, but legion edges ahead by being frustrating instead of simply boring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    I guess looking back I have to say Cataclysm. Started quitting there, didn't play a lot, was a huge change from the thoroughly enjoyed TBC and Wrath era.

Looking back I kinda liked soloing in MoP from time to time, in WoD I went back to raiding and it was amazing. Legion also was pretty good since I raided a lot and the raids are pretty damn good. The magic from the game's first few expansions have worn out though, so that's never coming back but it's still doing pretty good imo.

I didn't forget. I just don't think it is meaningful to this poll.

Mop miles ahead, second one is wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I didn't forget. I just don't think it is meaningful to this poll.

Deleted
    Only thing i miss about wod is pvp gear, rest of the expansion beside BRF was absolute shit. I feel sorry for the absolute idiots that decided to add the garrison into the game. Locking people inside their own little hell for two years or however long that shitty expansion lasted was an insult to the entire mmorpg genre i hated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata and WoD are both garbage to me. Though Cata wins because it destroyed the old world. I loved it. I loved the crappy quests, the way everything looked at felt. Oh and South Shore... my dear South Shore. Give that shit back.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    Cata and WoD are both garbage to me. Though Cata wins because it destroyed the old world. I loved it. I loved the crappy quests, the way everything looked at felt. Oh and South Shore... my dear South Shore. Give that shit back.
    Legion destroyed my favorite BE models. The least favorite expansion for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion destroyed my favorite BE models. The least favorite expansion for me.
    That was WoD, and you can turn it off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    That was WoD, and you can turn it off.
    You cant turn new models off for NE/BE models in Legion. That option does not work at all.
    You could still turn it off in WoD.

So it is my least favorite expansion.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-06-02 at 08:57 AM.

Split between WoD and Legion. But for now WoD is still miles ahead. But at least legion already took the second place from cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant turn new models off for NE/BE models in Legion. That option does not work at all.
    You could still turn it off in WoD.

So it is my least favorite expansion.
    Oh, I guess blame DH.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Oh, I guess blame DH.
    It is not DH's fault. They can still enable old models for none-DH classes.

The fact is Blizzard actually made old nightelf models for DH. The problem is blizzard upgraded their model file format from MD20 to MD21 in Legion. They are just too lazy to convert blood elf old model files to Legion new MD21 model format.

Expansion? WoD.
    My least fav version of WoW in general is Classic. That's the only time I actually quit WoW, heck, I didn't even quit in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As much as I disliked WoD, and I know that it will most likely be the most hated: Cata took the cake for me. It was the first start in the downfall, and MoP changed it all, WoD was still decent in the PvE scene, but a lot of crybabies will disagree and say everything was awful.

Wrath>Legion>MoP>TBC>WoD>Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care what anyone says, the worst for me is Cataclysm every time. At least Warlords of Draenor brought me back to World of Warcraft it has that going for it at least. Now I totally understand why people would rather go woith WoD orver cata but for me personally Cata was the worst expansion.

Cataclysm was actually the expansion that caused me to quit WoW (sometimes around the Firelands raid). The only expansion to do this Otherwise I have been an avid player of WoW since classic. Because I quit WoW I missed most of MoP which I hear was very under rated as an expansion and I regret missing out on so much of it.

I found the whole subject and story lines to Cata so boring. The revamped zones (for most part) were joke zones and giant Easter eggs. At least in Vanilla the Easter eggs were subtle like Linkin in Un'Goro. In cata they made the whole zones parodies.

Redridge was like some Rambo parody, and felt super out of place in WoW. And don't get me started on Uldum, where this was just a huge joke zone on Indiana Jones. Uldam had so much potential, we could have got some rich history, learned about the Tol'vir, but nope Indiana Jones suckers. So dumb.

Let's not forget he huge cop out ending where the Dragon aspects just say "our work is done here" and give up their powers. Which proved afterwards was totally dumb.

The Dragon Soul raid while fun dragged on for so long. the other raids were very meh. Then we got revamped Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman over a real good underwater raid we were supposed to get.

You know the only thing I liked about Cataclysm was the one thing everyone hated, and that was the zone Vashj'ir lol.

I can totally accept all the issues with WoD but to me at least that expansion started off well, it just ended in a big pile of crap, with Cata I feel we had to wade through so much of it to find some good.

I can make a huge analysis of why Cata is bad, what I said was a mere fraction of why I thought it was so bad, but I really don't have the time lol

For me its TBC/WotLK > Legion (so far) > Classic > MoP > WoD > Cata
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-06-02 at 09:39 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is objectively the worst. For me in order from shit to great it's basically WoD->Legion->MoP->Cata->Wotlk->BC->Vanilla. MoP and cata are pretty close but I prefer the old talents and think the pvp in cata was slightly better.