10+ Year Old Account
    Symmetra is trash. Outside of defending Point A she loses her ability to make use of half her kit, so their team is down half a hero. All the tanks and anyone else with a gun with a 10m+ range can and should keep her squished.

That's how it is in low Gold, so I don't know how, unless you're mid silver or lower, you'd have any trouble with her at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Symetra just did 27k dmg and 61 eliminations in high sr, my team ragequited. 125DMG/SEC for a support that requires no aim and no skill to be played. The fact that she was chasing 2 tanks and they where running for their lives is beyond retard.

Most of my friends playing OW and especially those above 4k sr have unistalled the game from previous seasons. I just did as well.
    Just kill her. Jesus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Like... a Pharah? A Widow? A Hanzo? A Bastion? A soldier? Anyone with good range damage can keep symmetra dead without her even touching them. And some close range folks (like Reaper) can kill her before she melts them if they're on point. You can also keep her turrets dead and harass (if not outright kill) her with a Winston. Other tanks like Hog are also great picks against her, and you can definitely beat her to death with a Rein if he's getting healed while she beams him. She's pretty squishy and she can only laser one person at a time. She mostly dominates when teams aren't good at handling her, which is definitely a problem at very low SR but highly unlikely to ever be a problem at 4k SR.

You're also going to have to support your claim that Symmetra being the highest pick hero. She's definitely picked more since her rework a few months ago, but she's still one of the lower tier heroes in every single source of stats I've seen.

But I've also never seen a competitive match running four supports (Lucio/Mercy/Zen/Symm as you say) either, so what do I know. I also recently learned in this thread that it's impossible to overcome the 5 Torb meta going on, so I am beginning to suspect there are very different versions of this game that exist
    He can't because she isn't. She's not even above half of the pack when it comes to being picked.

Deleted
    Finished my placement matches yesterday (big mistake). 3 wins 7 loses, first 3 games got the same 2 people trolling the whole game, lost all 3. After that I waited a bit to avoid them. As for the rest of the matches I got a couple of games with leavers so obviously we lost. So, 3rd season (my first season) I got placed at ~2100 with 6-4 during placements and ended at ~2200. At 4th season with 7-2-1, I get placed at ~2200 and end at ~2850. And now, with 3-7 I get placed at 2500. Needless to say, I uninstalled the game and I'll try not to come back till season 6 since by that point I'll have the points for a gold weapon. I must say I've had toxic and unpleasant games so far but nothing like 10 in a row, winning/losing didn't matter, actually lost a game in Oasis because one of the healers while winning 2-1 decided to play soldier just because. Anyway have fun and good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaver View Post
    Factually lost a game in Oasis because one of the healers while winning 2-1 decided to play soldier just because. Anyway have fun and good luck.
    So you had 2 rounds for someone else to go healer, but they (including you?) didn't?

Symetra just did 27k dmg and 61 eliminations in high sr, my team ragequited. 125DMG/SEC for a support that requires no aim and no skill to be played. The fact that she was chasing 2 tanks and they where running for their lives is beyond retard.

Most of my friends playing OW and especially those above 4k sr have unistalled the game from previous seasons. I just did as well.
    Yes I'm sure all your above 4k friends have quit the game because of all the Symmetras destroying the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    So you had 2 rounds for someone else to go healer, but they (including you?) didn't?
    I was tanking during that game, so wasn't much of a choice for me but yes nobody picked 2nd healer.

Deleted
    Dps in Diamond just seem terrible, I either get good ones or utter dogshit ones, no middle ground either.. And if they are bad they will refuse to swap and stink out the place. Like on Hanamura when Mcree and Reaper are clearly not working, why remain said characters all round and we fail to progress past the door? Then to add insult to injury go the same bloody picks on defence and get picked off by their Pharah so it's 4 v 6, bang point taken with ease.

Next game we have tracer and genji who are totally ineffective v's Dva and Roadhog, and I get accused of throwing because I switch (after dying about 10 times to Dva who just sits on me as Zen) to Reaper and start smashing up their tanks.

3 and 3 currently, but there is never a "close" game, we either stomp or they stomp.

Deleted
    last 2 games played was point capture, not payload. had both widow and hanzo in both games. doesnt look like im allowed to climb so far!

15+ Year Old Account

How u kill a symetra while getting healed for 500/sec by mercy-lucio-zen-torb comp and a rein on top of that?

And maybe it was the case murdering symetra on previous seasons but now its out of control. Check forums and threads about using symetra effective in offence and atm is the highest use hero in both defence and offence.

Even if u manage to deal with her, when a support wrecks reins shield in just 5 seconds while bastion needs 12, well then i just dont know what to say.

And that happend btw at gold bracket.
    None of this is based on reality. Her balls bypass barriers so if your tank is stupid she will own him even with his shield up, but not in 5 seconds. Her beam would take 16 seconds at max charge to break Reins shield. If she can beam his shield that long your team should just stop playing.

Here's a tip for fighting Symmetra: Unless you have a speed boost to get away from her, stop running and jumping and being stupid and just shoot her in the head. You cannot outrun her or her beam unless she is really bad.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-06-02 at 06:51 PM.

I'm pushing for higher rating playing only Mercy, and it seems I have hit a wall. I hit 2992, 2996 and 2998 after a steady climb, but now the losing streak seems to be kicking off. Dropped to 2800 and I keep losing. Not sure what is going on but the people seem to be more and more toxic, whiny about heals and rezzes, blaming others, picking junkrat or torb when it clearly isn't working etc.

I suspect the game "overestimated" my mmr for a while, and now the pendulum has swung the other way and it is trying to lower me. I understand why this works, but playing only support this is getting frustrating.

Lets see if Mercy only can make it to diamond or if I get stuck in a never ending losing streak with her!

Fun placement matches, get placed against 4-man aimbot premade 3 matches in a row. There's no way anyone can track that good or snapping when tracer blinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm pushing for higher rating playing only Mercy, and it seems I have hit a wall. I hit 2992, 2996 and 2998 after a steady climb, but now the losing streak seems to be kicking off. Dropped to 2800 and I keep losing. Not sure what is going on but the people seem to be more and more toxic, whiny about heals and rezzes, blaming others, picking junkrat or torb when it clearly isn't working etc.

I suspect the game "overestimated" my mmr for a while, and now the pendulum has swung the other way and it is trying to lower me. I understand why this works, but playing only support this is getting frustrating.

Lets see if Mercy only can make it to diamond or if I get stuck in a never ending losing streak with her!
    Its a shame the game doesn't let you send friend requests to players who you notice have skill and can behave themselves and then invite them to a 6 man team so you don't have to solo queue at all.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Fun placement matches, get placed against 4-man aimbot premade 3 matches in a row. There's no way anyone can track that good or snapping when tracer blinks.
    It's not just you, either. I encountered something similar earlier today - also as Tracer, funnily enough. It was a case of darting out from behind cover, blinking, then immediately dying. I could put it down to blind luck the first time but then it happened again. I checked the kill cam and the movements of the guy doing it were pretty weird and 'twitchy'. The camera would jerk around and then immediately 'lock on' to where an opponent's head was located on their screen. I'm a pretty average player, too, so it's not like I was being pitted against the best of the best. Plus this happened in QP for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

Be careful, I had this happen to me when i hit 2750 last season. Dropped all the way down to 2k. Seems like Overwatch doesn't factor in a players "track record" for losses when on a lose streak. If you're unlucky you might be placed with a bunch of other people who have been constantly losing and keep losing because of it. Bad Morale if you will.

My games are going absolutely terrible. placed 1700, lowest placement i've had since the start of the game. Personally played poorly in maybe two of my placements, did my best to carry as tracer in all the others. Posting amazing damage and elimination numbers, filling as healer as needed. Just keep getting teams who want to play sombra with zero practice, junkrat with zero play time, and people who want to play a 4 dps comp.

I'm not even mad, at this point I feel like a majority of players are just uneducated. Had a sombra player doing absolutely nothing blame a loss on zero communication when he didn't say a word the entire game and didn't do anything impactful with his emps. The rest of the team was communicating. Feel like all these "one trick" popular overwatch content creators are causing alot of people to think they can just magically pick niche heroes without any practice and make them work, seeing alot of sombra, junkrat, tracer, etc come out of the woodwork following right behind these sorts of players getting some limelight.

I feel like i should just shelf overwatch. At least until they implement some kind of system for queing up for specific roles so I can get a team that at least wants to be playing what they queued up to play. It works in Heroes, they can do it in Overwatch.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    yay, placement done as Mercy. 6 win, 1 draw.. guess what.Yep 1600. Thats far below my last seasons raiting.
    I got 3770 or something after my placement with only Mercy, 5 wins 5 losses (1 of the losses was due to the game crashing immediately upon entering, resulting in getting my first ever leave from competitive).

Really should refrain myself from playing during weekends, far more toxic behaviour compared to work-days.

Looks like the Ptr has nerf buffed roadhog, his hook buck shot attack is nerfed but his rate of fire is much faster and he gets an extra round in his clip. He can still one shot combo targets like Tracer and McCree but now he also has a much better mid-range game with sustained damage rather than a hook combo every 8 seconds. His mid-range shot does more damage than buck shot and will be dealing the majority of his damage with that. This means that instead of being a threat every 8 seconds with the very good chance you could dodge it now he is a threat at all times and still one shot hooks squishies and hooks those under 150 health.

His head hit box was also reduced.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-03 at 05:31 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Did they do something with placements?

last season 7 losses 3 wins 2700~ rating hovering at 2500~after the few games I played.

this season 7 wins 3 losses 2100~ rating

Doesn't feel right.
    Last edited by Nixl; 2017-06-03 at 05:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

if a 4k+ player has trouble dealing with easikillmetra then they dont deserve being above 4k in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

anyway, 5 losses and 5 wins during placement matches, got placed 2341.

Formerly known as Arafal

How u kill a symetra while getting healed for 500/sec by mercy-lucio-zen-torb comp and a rein on top of that?

And maybe it was the case murdering symetra on previous seasons but now its out of control. Check forums and threads about using symetra effective in offence and atm is the highest use hero in both defence and offence.

Even if u manage to deal with her, when a support wrecks reins shield in just 5 seconds while bastion needs 12, well then i just dont know what to say.

And that happend btw at gold bracket.
    What? sym has a team? Do you have a team too? If you are getting into games and it is just you v 6 players then I suggest fixing it by never playing video games again.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-03 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Did they do something with placements?

last season 7 losses 3 wins 2700~ rating hovering at 2500~after the few games I played.

this season 7 wins 3 losses 2100~ rating

Doesn't feel right.
    It's based on your previous season rating. Seems more or less right, maybe you performed badly during those this season placements even though you won more.