Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a short version here: https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackMetal/...ushka/dfjffoq/

Similarly, the way they dropped out of Maryland Death Fest - and accused its organisers - while planning a full EU tour at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    There's a short version here: https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackMetal/...ushka/dfjffoq/

Similarly, the way they dropped out of Maryland Death Fest - and accused its organisers - while planning a full EU tour at the same time.
    After reading that I doubt I'll ever give them any money, but I still like the album.

i wish it was easier to find hd stuff from kittie.

so in love with them right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

i saw them live once.. was out drinking, heard some noise and wandered into a tent and there they where (i only recognized them because i'd seen them on mtv a day earlier)
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i saw them live once.. was out drinking, heard some noise and wandered into a tent and there they where (i only recognized them because i'd seen them on mtv a day earlier)
    i've only ever seen like two bands live. i wish i could see them live, but idk if they're even still a band or not. i know one of the girls passed away not too long ago

ah, it was fun seeing the bands i did though. one was seether at the open festival they have near here every now and then. i can't remember what it's called. then the other was my 16th birthday, a member of the band got me and a couple friends into the bar, told them we were 18. that was really fun.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-05-31 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mybackhurts View Post
    After reading that I doubt I'll ever give them any money, but I still like the album.
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. I actually had that album on my list for a revisit but I don't think I can look at it the same way now.
    I listened to the album quite a bit initially, but I just have such a dislike for this kind of plastic stuff that I can't spend my time on it. I gave them a miss at Roadburn and when they played within 25 kms of me twice over. I refuse to spend time, energy or money on this kind of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried this one, btw?

i've only ever seen like two bands live. i wish i could see them live, but idk if they're even still a band or not. i know one of the girls passed away not too long ago

ah, it was fun seeing the bands i did though. one was seether at the open festival they have near here every now and then. i can't remember what it's called. then the other was my 16th birthday, a member of the band got me and a couple friends into the bar, told them we were 18. that was really fun.
    dead huh? did not know that but can't really say i've thought much about them since then.. just thought it was cool that they where chicks. maybe Otep is something for you... i think they where something similar around then but only the singer was female.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Tried this one, btw?
    i'll have to check that out when this storm's over. i'm excited for it.

dead huh? did not know that but can't really say i've thought much about them since then.. just thought it was cool that they where chicks. maybe Otep is something for you... i think they where something similar around then but only the singer was female.
    it's funny, cause they usually said they never wanted to be thought of as a girl band, just a band. but honestly, it does mean something to me that they're girls. idk, it just feels good. kinda rekindles my desire to play guitar myself, i should really pick it back up. i think it's mostly cause during their earlier stuff, they look a lot like i did when i was younger, it's easier to identify with.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-05-31 at 08:39 PM.

i'll have to check that out when this storm's over. i'm excited for it.

it's funny, cause they usually said they never wanted to be thought of as a girl band, just a band. but honestly, it does mean something to me that they're girls. idk, it just feels good. kinda rekindles my desire to play guitar myself, i should really pick it back up. i think it's mostly cause during their earlier stuff, they look a lot like i did when i was younger, it's easier to identify with.
    heh i didn't expect it to be a girl band when i went in there.. it sounded like your average death metal act from the outside

heh i didn't expect it to be a girl band when i went in there.. it sounded like your average death metal act from the outside
    yeah, i think most of their newer stuff is mostly death style. i like death, but prefer these earlier albums honestly. when you can mix it with clean vocals in a cool way, that feels more compelling to me.

i can't remember if i linked this band called draconian before. but she's got such a beautiful voice, and it's off set rather well by the male's vocals. i'd link a song, but i just can't remember if already linked it, so people can just youtube the name.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-05-31 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    yeah, i think most of their newer stuff is mostly death style. i like death, but prefer these earlier albums honestly. when you can mix it with clean vocals in a cool way, that feels more compelling to me.

i can't remember if i linked this band called draconian before. but she's got such a beautiful voice, and it's off set rather well by the male's vocals. i'd link a song, but i just can't remember if already linked it, so people can just youtube the name.
    Draconian is really good. And the new female vocalist is amazing aswell. They tried to get the new vocalist to sound as much as possible as to the previous vocalist, and I think they nailed it.

versus

You should listen to Luna Obscura if you can appreciate Draconian. Same beauty and the beast style, except more melodic death and less doom.

One of my fav female vocalists. And I'm a sucker for those.

(PS: I'm Dutch too! I missed a few pages ).

Moonsorrow. Doesn't get much more epic than Moonsorrow. They have an album with two 30-minute songs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Draconian is really good. And the new female vocalist is amazing aswell. They tried to get the new vocalist to sound as much as possible as to the previous vocalist, and I think they nailed it.
    Can vouch for Draconian as well. Though I find the older stuff to be slightly better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by houseofwolves View Post
    Moonsorrow. Doesn't get much more epic than Moonsorrow. They have an album with two 30-minute songs
    Big fan of Moonsorrow as well, and Hävitetty is an awesome album. Think @hellhamster is a big fan of it as well.

(just because it can't ever be linked enough)

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    (PS: I'm Dutch too! I missed a few pages ).
    Might as well start speaking Dutch here soon! Goriq is German he'd probably understand half of it.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2017-06-02 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha! On the next release, we'll actually have a song with german lyrics

New Rings of Saturn song is sick

10+ Year Old Account
    I very nearly enjoyed that. Remarkably well done for a band in that genre. Though it did remind me why I fucking hate Dying Fetus.

Amentia is out with a new album aswell, listened to it 5-6 times now, and it grows with every repetition.

Almost forgot.

If you dont know Animals as Leaders, you should ;-).
    Last edited by Svad1287; 2017-06-02 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Please don't be like Carach Angren and have grammatical errors in your lyrics :P
    You can hit me up to proofread them if you want to but I guess you're confident in your german skills if you write a song in that language.
    Had my boss proofread it, so it should be correct. I am pretty confident in my linguistics skills (slightly less so in my german skills), but for German or French, I'll get a proofreader. That said, even in English it's easy to still make some typos.

Graue Hölle

Als ich in der grauen Hölle war,
    Sah ich dort den Menschen stehen
    Wie Geister

Sie schweben durch das Leben
    Unachtsam, unaufmerksam
    Exerzieren den immer gleichen Trott
    Gefühllos und ausdruckslos

Alles war klar
    Außer wie zu leben
    Wie ihr als Dunst und Nebel um mich steigt
    Man büßt es teuer, unsterblich zu sein
    Man stirbt dafür mehrere Male bei Lebzeiten

Obwohl die Sonne schien

Und der Himmel harsch blau war
    Schien es dass es
    Keine Farben in den Dingen gab

Graue Hölle - abhängig von Passion
    Graue Hölle - habgeirig und unstillbar
    Graue Hölle - Sorge, Jammer und Schmerz
    Graue Hölle - Wehmut, Leid und Drangsal

Wir brauchen kein Naraka,
    Wenn wir unsere eigene Hölle kreieren

Wir brennen mit körperlicher Pein und seelischer Agonie
    Solange wir in Tretmühlen unserer eigener Kreation
    Stecken bleiben
    Wer gestaltet sein eigenes Schicksal?

Ich bin er

10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite certain that ich bin er is correct. "I am he" would be the English version. Other than being a sneaky Primordial reference, Ich and Er are both nominativ.

I did not include any Bethlehem references. The text actually pre-dates the previous Bethlehem. It does include several references to the Buddhist concept of hell as well as Nietzsche and Goethe (including a literal quote, if you can find it).

Deleted
    Saw The Bronx last night - what a band.