Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock
    Looks like Mr. Trump's policies and his no-bullshit, get-things-done attitude
    OK, Jaylock, I'll see that and raise you an op ed on Trump as a tough guy: https://www.yahoo.com/news/forget-tr...090001198.html

The more the narrative focuses on Trump’s toughness and bluster with our allies, the less anyone focuses on what’s really been exposed in these opening months of his presidency.

Trump is weak, and our rivals have figured it out. They’re walking all over the American president in a way we haven’t seen since at least the days of disco and Space Invaders.
    I'd say that's in line with this tidbit:

According to a translation from NBC News, Juncker said that they attempted to explain to Trump that he could not simply pull the U.S. out of the Paris Agreement because the treaty contains safeguards to prevent exactly that.

“So this notion, ‘I am Trump, I am American, America first and I’m going to get out of it’ — that won’t happen,” he continued. “We tried to explain that to Mr. Trump in Taormina in clear German sentences. It seems our attempt failed.”

He said that “the law is the law” and it must be obeyed regardless of what Trump thinks, adding somewhat sardonically that not everything in international agreements is fake news.
    Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/european-...204640865.html

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    "At what point does America get demeaned? At what point do they start laughing at us as a country?"
    Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/01/po...ion/index.html

Hint ... they already are.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    OK, Jaylock, I'll see that and raise you an op ed on Trump as a tough guy: https://www.yahoo.com/news/forget-tr...090001198.html

I'd say that's in line with this tidbit:

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/european-...204640865.html

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/01/po...ion/index.html

Hint ... they already are.
    LOL I read mr Juncker's words: "the law is the law and it must be obeyed" who the fuck are you or anyone that is NOT US citizens / politicians to decide whether the US follows any law but our own?

We don't have to abide by ANY foreign entity or set of laws as they are not our country and not our laws.

In other words, the US jobs market continues the trajectory it's been on for at least 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I was really hoping Trump would've crashed the US economy by now. I'm tired of paying high exchange rates on product.

Obama did a decent job of child-proofing the economy.
    Yeah, the last Republican President gave us the GFC, and back then the AUD went over parity.

To be fair, Trump is trying to roll back Dodd-Frank, so that should give us another GFC if you give it 5 years or so.

I'll live in hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    And now that the US pulls out of the Paris climate agreement, there will be even more jobs coming.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nexx226 View Post
    clinton's emails
    b-but trumps tax returns!!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What policies that Trump has passed can you point to that would promote job growth? Or could it be that Faux News is desperate to get their ratings up, and can't admit that the robust economy Obama handed over is still going strong?

Nah, it's Trump all those policies that he passed through Congress and implemented. Oh . . . wait.
    I know this might trigger you but... https://i.redd.it/66cj2yr5hixy.png
    Also leaving the Paris Accord
    Last edited by Speaker; 2017-06-02 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Kind of sad you don't understand why one is relevant and the other isn't. You also realize we've only seen one of those things, right?

- - - Updated - - -

None of those are examples of legislation that he's passed that has anything at all to do with this topic.

I mean fuck, it even talks about the pipeline that has leaked what, twice already? And didn't he have a financial interest in the companies the material for those pipelines came from? Definitely draining the swamp there.

But sure, use some stupid info-graphic to deflect. How does not joining the Paris accord help us exactly? Because he said so? Because that's all he said. He never explained why. Just said it wasn't "fair". Just like how the media isn't "fair" to him or some bullshit.
    32 bills passed and signed. Each one passed shows people that he is getting his agenda accomplished. He also revealed his new tax plan which greatly helps businesses, promoting investment into those businesses, and since we know he is getting things accomplished that means people are hopeful that the new tax plan will also get passed, which also helps investments. It's called speculative investment. Secondly the Paris accord restricts companies and adds tons of regulations that hurt businesses, so of course leaving that helps promote the economy. Not sure what else to tell you buddy. Pretty common sense.

If you have been watching the stocks you would already know every time Trump passes something the stocks do well, every time he is prevented from passing something the stocks drop.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2017-06-02 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    1) The stock market isn't a good indication of how the average American is doing since it's mostly owned by wealthy people
    2) The market should hit new highs under every president. If it doesn't, something is terribly wrong with the economy. It has ups and downs, but the general trend is upward- otherwise it wouldn't function as a vehicle for investment.
    1) People like you are amusing. You think wealthy people own all the stocks? Well, guess what - most stock brokers are hired by pension schemes who are trying to bring return on investment to their pensioners who are, as a matter of fact, average friggin' citizens. You just didn't follow the money far enough.
    2) Nothing happened on Obama's second term. On his first term, the world markets crashed entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have to abide by ANY foreign entity or set of laws as they are not our country and not our laws.
    Hardly the most elegant invocation of sovereignty that I've seen, but that's basically what you've invoked. The problem with international law is that each and every country also gets to invoke sovereignty. At times, they do, and the US hates to hear it. International law, since there isn't a world government, is somewhere between a shared delusion and a cooperative effort -- with a dash of peer pressure. The reason to play well with others is that those who don't begin to lose opportunities and influence.

Before rattling any sabers, count the price of ammunition expended, flight time and all the rest. Oh, and before bringing things like Shock and Awe, consider how long our last conflicts have kept running past the time someone declared mission accomplished. Influence is simply cheaper, and probably easier. "Go home, Donald, you're drunk. Give the keys to Xi Jinping." Oh, wait, that's pretty well what he did!

who the fuck are you or anyone that is NOT US citizens / politicians to decide whether the US follows any law but our own?
    Well, let's start with the fact that it was US citizens/politicians who agreed to it. In a broader sense (Paris isn't a treaty) you might read up on the Treaty Clause which, while often pretty toothless does give force to an obligation to keep at least some of our promises.

Who exactly? Well pretty much every country in the world except Syria and Nicaragua:

Even Palestine and North Korea signed it.

Syria, ravaged by civil war, didn't participate, while Nicaragua didn't sign the agreement because it didn't go far enough. The Latin American country's climate envoy Paul Oquist said Nicaragua was "not able to support the consensus."
    Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...140500462.html

Yes, Donald did just hand Kim Jong-un the political equivalent of a rubber chicken to repeatedly beat the US with, probably while bringing up North Korea's own sovereignty to tell us to screw off.

Now, it appears the Paris Agreement had little beyond goodwill to see it enforced, but to an extent it can be said that there are consequences to not following it. We're already seeing those consequences shaping up.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2017-06-02 at 10:23 AM. Reason: attribution
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Obama had 15 months where job growth exceeded these number. Where was all that "rip roaring" talk on Fox then?
    Neither one deserves credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's not like Obama's auto bailout saved 1.5 million jobs. By the way, Bush helped by allocating some TARP money to prop up GM and Chrysler in the short term. I'm praising bother sides!
    Eat yo vegetables

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

Just curious why obama doesn't deserve credit and who does deserve credit?

It would appear the job numbers are not nearly as good as originally advertised.
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.htm

The jobs report has it at 138,000 jobs, less than anticipated. The numbers for the last two months were also revised down sharply. 66,000 less jobs were created than previously thpught in the past two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Just curious why obama doesn't deserve credit and who does deserve credit?
    Perhaps the people who actually control the money?

10+ Year Old Account
    So when will the same people from a few months ago claim this is all fake and the job numbers are done in the wrong metric and we are like 40% unemployed?

Today's report, unemployment is at 4.3%. This is as low as its ever been.

Only 138K jobs were added, economists expected 180K jobs so that's not good.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Wow, the Fox News report completely whiffed!

The jobs numbers were actually about 30% below expectations.

Good job, OP!
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    member when the jobs metric was wrong just a few months ago, but now its the proper metric? I member

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    member when the jobs metric was wrong just a few months ago, but now its the proper metric? I member
    Wuts the LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION RATE SONNY?

Oh...It fell?
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Pepperidge Farm remembers