Mythic Gul'dan questions

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Nn41A7fV2PwWGJkH#fight=10&type=deaths

Hi friends. Another guild doing Gul'dan pulls, even with Lust & 2nd pots we can't seem to make it to 50% before the Fel Lord is summoned, let alone the Bonds / eyes. Looking for suggestions on either A) Stick with Lust & improve some of our DPS or B) Move to lusting at a different time and deal with Fel Lord. My main concern is actually dealing with the Fel Lord. I know his mechanics are mostly laughable, but I don't know if we'll have the CDs or mana pools to live thru Ph1 (more bonds, more eyes) if it goes on much longer.
    I haven't been able to find any logs of guilds that kill Fel Lord. If there are any glaring mistakes DPS-wise we could correct, I'm open to suggestions.
    Thanks!

Most guilds killed fel lord before the nerf. Its not a problem. Dosn't matter if you lust pull or not. But you are gonna need lust to push boss before illidan spawns if you cant push 50% with lust.

We're working on the demon within phase right now and we just kill Fel Lord and lust after harvest 3 to phase him in time. We're very ranged heavy and also not good so our dps is pretty low but it's still doable. Looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHUhvNd5Zeo

Log if it helps you https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7&type=summary
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-05-31 at 08:13 PM.

really how arent you making it? your damage seems really good

anyways, how are you breaking bonds?

the "correct" way imo is to rotate 1 healer at time. break the first set (off the pull) like every video and run forward, the rest use one bubble and be quick about it, it's all about uptime.

try lusting when the first set of bonds break, and having dps burn their cooldowns and special action button the second the add spawns.

for eye, have only your AOE classes hard swap so make sure your 2 shadow priest, assin rogue, etc just keep burning the big add + guldan.

your guild is 2.3-2.35m damage ahead of ours and we hit the 3:00 50% check

also we are using 2nd pots to burn guldan before the eyes in phase 2, not phase 1

----

Edit.. After looking a little bit at your logs, I think your dps aren't hard swapping to the trapper quick enough. our lock is doing 6% to it as it stays up probably close to 30 seconds so its worth for them to swap. Just like your shadow priest are..

your DH, DK, and assin rogue aren't really swapping but tunneling guldan instead. idk if you are getting trapper + eyes at times but if this is the case it's going to start to make a mess

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...es=1&target=55
    Last edited by Dilemma90; 2017-06-01 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion1602 View Post
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Nn41A7fV2PwWGJkH#fight=10&type=deaths

Hi friends. Another guild doing Gul'dan pulls, even with Lust & 2nd pots we can't seem to make it to 50% before the Fel Lord is summoned, let alone the Bonds / eyes. Looking for suggestions on either A) Stick with Lust & improve some of our DPS or B) Move to lusting at a different time and deal with Fel Lord. My main concern is actually dealing with the Fel Lord. I know his mechanics are mostly laughable, but I don't know if we'll have the CDs or mana pools to live thru Ph1 (more bonds, more eyes) if it goes on much longer.
    I haven't been able to find any logs of guilds that kill Fel Lord. If there are any glaring mistakes DPS-wise we could correct, I'm open to suggestions.
    Thanks!
    In P1 the objective is to hero and push the boss before he spawns the eyes right before the Fel Lord spawns. To help with this you need to use the healer bubbles effectively so the range DPS can keep nuking. Your range should only have to help free the first set of bonds and the final set of bonds (if you even get the final set). First bonds: everyone stacks and helps break. Second Bonds: Stack up and use a healer bubble to free everyone. Third Bonds: make sure to full nuke on the eyes and ignore the boss so you can stack up in time. If there are eyes still alive then stack anyway when there is 3-4 seconds left on the bond timer. The eyes duplicate at this point and wont kill you. After the bonds quickly spread back out if there are any eyes left. Healer bubble this one to free everyone. Fourth Bonds: You will be spread out because there are eyes. Use 2 healer bubbles on this one if necessary. Fifth bonds: If you get this one then push the boss and quickly free everyone during RP. Use a healer bubble if you have one left over from the previous set. You DO NOT want the eyes after this set of bonds. Also range can drop hellfire on the left edge and the right edge. Don't move the boss. This reduces damage and means less movement. Win for healers and win for damage.

I get that the people in other threads were saying to hero in p2, but that was a very old strat and for us it really wasn't necessary. You can make both phases before the hard bits with hero in p1. Just make sure your rogues / mages etc use their execute legendaries. Execute classes are great because in P2 Gul'dan starts with 50% hp giving a bigger execute range.
    Last edited by Bobthegoat; 2017-06-01 at 02:46 PM.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

For us, we'd continually wipe at 5% in p2 at the fourth storm without lust. Our dps is particularly low though I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    For us, we'd continually wipe at 5% in p2 at the fourth storm without lust. Our dps is particularly low though I think.
    What % is Guldan at as Black Harvest 3 hits? I heard aiming for 15% there is fine and you have time to kill him before mechanics start again. Curious how far off you are / how far off we will be.
    Raid Lead - Resto Druid - twitch.tv/yeslikeagirl

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    What % is Guldan at as Black Harvest 3 hits? I heard aiming for 15% there is fine and you have time to kill him before mechanics start again. Curious how far off you are / how far off we will be.
    He's at 20% consistently. We kill him just on time with lust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    He's at 20% consistently. We kill him just on time with lust.
    We have the same issue and often get 4th eyes before he hits 50.4%. I think the 5th eye is mangable, just use whatever healing CD you used on the hellfire before transition into P2 and have DPS use second pots on it because you will not need them if you are lusting right as the demon gets his 150% damage buff.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Thank you for the feedback! I just sat a bunch of ranged and brought in more melee and we were transitioning to phase two significantly easier! Go figure.
    @Nitros14, your logs & video were especially helpful. Thank you.

How many raid hours are you into Gul'dan attempts? My guild just got Eli down last night and we don't have a new raid night until reset on Tues so the talk is do we extend or not. We have 18hrs of raiding left before ToS release so I'm genuinely curious how long you've been bashing your head on gul'dan and if 18hrs of raid time seems anywhere in the realm of realistic to down him before ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    How many raid hours are you into Gul'dan attempts? My guild just got Eli down last night and we don't have a new raid night until reset on Tues so the talk is do we extend or not. We have 18hrs of raiding left before ToS release so I'm genuinely curious how long you've been bashing your head on gul'dan and if 18hrs of raid time seems anywhere in the realm of realistic to down him before ToS.
    I would extend just because you would regret not trying. Just have fun with it, go in thinking it's just for fun no pressure and see how close you can get. We are 9 hours in and are getting through p2 cleanly, up to first visions in p3. Like you, we have 15 hours left of scheduled raid time for him, and like you we are also really hoping we can get him down in time.
    Raid Lead - Resto Druid - twitch.tv/yeslikeagirl

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    You should extend, we are a casual 6 hour guild and have put in 9 hours on him and are working on the second (last) titan explosion, expecting a kill Sunday so we can do Helya on Monday. My only regret is not extending a week earlier

Extend your id and try to kill him. The gear you loose will be irrelevant with ToS HC amd m+ dropping 915+. You will at least wipe 100 times . The first half will be quick, but later you will drop below 7-8 wipes per hour. Even if you won't kill it before release, you have the experience and with 925+ gear can farm it easy every week for the mount and possibly a 950 DoS.
    Last edited by morchel; 2017-06-02 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks for the advice everyone. The arguement the GM and Officers had to not extending is we're trying to build up the core group again and a lot of the group the downed Eli are newly promoted trials or current trials(myself included). So they felt that it's easier to test out new trials and solidify things when we don't extend and we could potentially end up with our official 25ish come tomb. If we extend we can't bring in any new trials that we recruit because we want the 20 to be the same each night. I do agree with the points made about regretting not trying even if we don't succeed. I think that's a very true statement and something I will make sure to point out to the officer core if i'm asked my 2 cents.