Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    This is just an opinion ofcourse, but I believe most enjoyed it because it was a different community back then, guilds mattered at that point, no cross-realm and everyone knew who everyone was on a server, it was a completely different feel to the game. You remember when you saw someone in T3 and you were on total awe? Now we just look at the skimpiest tmogs... completely different game.
    Completely true, i vote we remove LFR and Normal and make people work for their gear, or at least make the LFR gear completely different like it was in WoD. Honestly there is no need for normal, its almost the exact same thing as heroic, and just acts to inflate ilvl, once flex was removed and heroic could be scaled for 10-30, it wasn't needed anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You are correct sir. In fact there was an outrage when halls of reflection came out as it was far too difficult... as if... Well no shit if you were a wrath baby... yeah you damn right that suddenly you required a brain a bit bigger then the peanut you were carrying...
    "wrath baby" was the dumbest thing to come out of wrath... as if when you start the game impacts your skill level in any way
    also i dont recall much complaining about the halls of reflection, personally. i remember people being happy they had a dungeon that required a brain cell
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    "wrath baby" was the dumbest thing to come out of wrath... as if when you start the game impacts your skill level in any way
    also i dont recall much complaining about the halls of reflection, personally. i remember people being happy they had a dungeon that required a brain cell
    You are correct in your experience with people loving those new 3 more difficult dungeons. I had the same experience unless I was pugging it...
    People were kicked left and right from the group because they were carrying BoE items in their bags to "up" their gearscore and were in quest greens. People bitched about this on the forums and the people who were kicked found it unfair etc etc. But if you read mmo champion... and ask what dungeon they found the most difficult... (in WOTLK) HoR would be it and that it was TOO difficult. Polls had been made about it numerous times.

I personally was in a really great guild and love all the new dungeons a lot more then the piss easy dungeons we got at launch. In fact I roared at the forums (back then) about how in gods name Blizzard catered to the casuals (as I called the unskilled back then) instead of offering meaningful dungeons where one had to CC.

To come back to Wrath baby.... I never was one of those who used that denomination. In fact I learned of that term in Cataclysm and now only use it to make sure the other party (especially when on a forum where there are more then a few immature people... ) know exactly what I am talking about while speaking to a "broad" audience at a certain level that everyone understands.

Classes were unique, not homogenized MOBA tier garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Those past expansions were more RPG-ish and the game felt more alive with community. I think content has always been about the same quality (granted, story has been better, obviously in Wotlk) but the RPG aspect of the game has pretty much died as it got older. WoW is less personal now and more snatch and grab face paced instant gratification which does not make it feel very unique or rewarding.

Personally I miss gear upgrade being an awesome experience but those days are long gone. I have fond memories of people freaking out at their first epic drop and I used the same julie's dagger for like 14 levels in vanilla or TBC while leveling my rogue. Shit just used to matter more, that's my view of it all anyway.

Also every class was different and offered something unique that felt more impactful imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Nah, I want to hear the reasons people really liked those expansion as I am really confused by my own thoughts as it makes absolutely no sense. I wanna see if there are things I forgot (is that even possible if I really enjoyed it?)
    Vanilla-TBC-WotLK all had social aspects that kept people playing and kept people subbed. I'm sure nostalgia plays a role in it, but today's WoW is set up to be a solo player's game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Those past expansions were more RPG-ish and the game felt more alive with community. I think content has always been about the same quality (granted, story has been better, obviously in Wotlk) but the RPG aspect of the game has pretty much died as it got older. WoW is less personal now and more snatch and grab face paced instant gratification which does not make it feel very unique or rewarding.

Personally I miss gear upgrade being an awesome experience but those days are long gone. I have fond memories of people freaking out at their first epic drop and I used the same julie's dagger for like 14 levels in vanilla or TBC while leveling my rogue. Shit just used to matter more, that's my view of it all anyway.

Also every class was different and offered something unique that felt more impactful imo.
    Well said. Shit used to matter, and now... meh. Purples (and now orange) are everywhere. Content becomes too trivial too fast, imo, but I guess that's what the devs want.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Give me god damn fucking true examples and not LOOK AT MA VIDEOS THERE HERPADERP where I am even proved! Look at the the warrior, exactly what I posted. EXACTLY.

You are a typical fool that simply makes me angry. ME NO LONGER "DISCUSS" BECAUSE ME TRUE AND ME NO POST PROOFS

Look at your videos. Please take a god damn fucking look. Look at that lousy rotations. Whatever, stay with your opinion that BC rotations were hard. At least you are already saying that you are not talking about every class. But generalise that the abilites got pruned. Holy fuck. You can't prove anything and stay stupid. Good job.

And if you count something like dispells in rotations you can't be taken seriously. But whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAQjX1oK6E

Just look at those videos. I'm sorry I forgot Kill Command for the Hunters, but they were part of a macro mostly that didn't interrupt your atuoattacks with Steady Shots.

These glorious rotations. Hard as fuck, yeah....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3KVfovgaA

Or that video, that glorious warlock rotations. Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, SHADOWBOOOOOLTTTTT. Oh, AE? SEED, SEED, SEED, SEED, SEED, SEED, SEED, SEED, SEED.

Oh fuck yes, you used every ability you had.

That videos hurts me even more because even Kil'Jaeden had less abilities than Etraeus. My Nostalgia got damn destroyed the last days.
    Hmmm. ok, first, i never said they were "hard". all i said is that it wasnt 1-2 buttons rotations. second: calm down. you invest way too much emotions in an oppinion of some unknown internet jerk like me.

but in the sense of freedom of personal choice, this discussion is over now for me. different ppl have different oppinions. this is nothing special. nontheless have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly, I was supporting catch up mechanisms. Ever since the long ass attunement chains in TBC and having to constantly replace people - and gear them again and attune them again.

Obviously I can see both sides of the argument, but we were a guild that raided from day one of raids in every x-pac being released and would have loved catch up mechanisms
    That's why I think if TBC had flex, they would have never moved away from linear progression nearly as rapidly as they did. Smooth changes, sure - but huge sweeping like they did with catchup, nope.

Funnily enough with attunes, before catchup mechancis were a thing people were begging for account-wide attunes in Vanilla/TBC, now you just skip the entire raid :P
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    First two raids are pretty dissapointing still. Without ap grind and legendaries Legion would be like WoD, except first 2 WoD raids beat the shit out of Legion ones.
    Disagree. There was literally nothing to do outside of raiding in WoD. There's tons to do in Legion.

Also Highmaul was a pretty lame and very ugly raid. And visually the Nighthold beats out both of them. Nighthold just has too much fucking trash.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Nighthold just has too much fucking trash.
    Kill Elisande and Gul'dan first. Trash despawns.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"