Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A good bunch of that money would be used to import technology that underdeveloped countries don't have and can't afford. That tech could come from the US if the US invested in it. But it will probably go to China and Germany, since it's not gonna be used to build coal plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It's not a problem, it's how international diplomacy works.
    If they were already getting handed money (which we know they are), They don't need more of the U.S. tax payer money for this.

I can see why someone would want to stop that amount of money being mailed to them. At that point it's not diplomacy, it's bribing and should be stopped anyway.

Last 2 weeks its been 60 degrees average. I would have pulled out of this shit too.
    Bring on warmer climates.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You're talking to a guy who thinks the Earth is flat. Really.

He's only here because the mod's don't believe in perm bans for some reason.
    Well might be a good thing since that pepe thread.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    A lot people believed he will simmer down and become reasonable once in office.
    Because the thing that makes people who abuse their power more restrained is giving them more power.

Sad thing is I am sure if Bush signed the exact some treaty it wouldn't matter. The reason it has to be over turned is two fold. One since it only takes him it can be accomplished because he cannot govern the nation beyond executive orders. Second is it had Obama's name on it so it automatically has to be destroyed. Not to mention the bonus of being a 15 minute distraction from Russia.

The man is genuinely selfish and retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    So Trump pulled out because of the 100 billion dollar promise Obama made when no one else wants to throw in a stipend but yet the other countries whine about it now because Trump wants to make them pledge money to it as well rather than it just lining their pockets.
    Obama did not pledge $100 billion. He pledged $3 billion. The rest of the world pledged the other $97 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well might be a good thing since that pepe thread.....
    Which one? The one were Pepe-the-hut got strangled by Princess Leia? Or the one where France bombed Kekistan?

I particularly like how some people detract climate change as a "hoax that's used for the profit of a few" when it's fucking Trump who is denying it, supporting the dying coal industry instead of future-proofing better, more efficient tech that could save the American consumer in their electricity costs if it weren't for ~CAPITALISM~, while he spends millions of taxpayer dollars a week holidaying at his own businesses.

I mean, what kind of special do you have to be to accuse scientists of seeking to profit off a "hoax" that the majority agree is a big threat, and praise TRUMP for standing up for the little taxpayers he steals from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    \ Obama on top of that pledged 100 Billion for the accord. .
    No. No. Stop saying this. Obama pledged $3 billion, not $100 billion. Here it is on FOX News so you can actually see it. Stop saying $100 billion from the USA. It's flat-out false.

Deleted
    Well it's America that will suffer considering green energy is on the rise and fossil fuel on the decline

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No. No. Stop saying this. Obama pledged $3 billion, not $100 billion. Here it is on FOX News so you can actually see it. Stop saying $100 billion from the USA. It's flat-out false.
    Is the OECD lying when they release a report saying 100 billion usd goal?

http://www.oecd.org/env/climate-fina...4249424-en.htm

Here is another document stating 100 billion usd goal if the first one didn't convince you?

http://www.news.admin.ch/NSBSubscrib...ents/40866.pdf\

We can spend that money on our own country to meet climate goals. We don't need to fund a bunch of other countries economies and maybe they spend it on climate change? Waste of tax dollars.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-06-02 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If we were to lead the cause with 3 billion (if that figure is to be believed) then I'm still OK with doing something lesser than sending to others that don't seem to have done much of anything much less actually agree to change emissions.

Hell, China doesn't plan to do anything till 2030 and then only what they want to do as it was all voluntary. It's no wonder someone would want to get out of this voluntary agreement.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-06-02 at 03:49 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well it's America that will suffer considering green energy is on the rise and fossil fuel on the decline
    Another really solid point. Trump is literally hurting the economy by pulling out. And his excuse, I mean you (again) can't make this shit up, was that he didn't want "other countries laughing at us". Whoops. That's all they're doing now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Is the OECD lying when they release a report saying 100 billion usd goal?

http://www.oecd.org/env/climate-fina...4249424-en.htm

Here is another document stating 100 billion usd goal if the first one didn't convince you?

http://www.news.admin.ch/NSBSubscrib...ents/40866.pdf
    Actually, it turns out you're lying. Willful ignorance sure is fun, eh?

"Jointly mobilizing" - read your own damn sources.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-06-02 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So, the end of the world is in 50 years. Thanks for being brave enough to give me a timeline.

Countries are switching to renewables regardless, we didn't need a global catastrophe to get the ball rolling. I pay taxes, I'm entitled to voice my disapproval at how my taxes are being wasted. All I've got to look forward to is higher electricity bills as governments tax the shit out of carbon and subsidise inefficient energy sources, all the while funnelling cash to third world despots in the hope they build a windfarm. And to make matters worse, I'll be dead before the world ends so you can't tell me you told me so.
    Suppose ignorance is bliss. My guess is you are a republican and voted from Trump. JUST A GUESS!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Another really solid point. Trump is literally hurting the economy by pulling out. And his excuse, I mean you (again) can't make this shit up, was that he didn't want "other countries laughing at us". Whoops. That's all they're doing now.

- - - Updated - - -

"Jointly mobilizing" - read your own damn sources. You just proved yourself wrong. Thanks!
    I don't know what planet you guys are on stating 3 billion initial commitment is all we give to meet this goal? I'm not wrong about anything. We need to make america great again not put money into a slush fund for international climate change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Type 6: Sociopath. "Pollution does exist, and affects our world, but fuck future generations, what did they ever do for me? I'm certainly not lifitng a finger!"
    Until it'll have any tangible effect on enviroment there will be many more presidents who can reverse the decision anyway. The economical effects are immediate.

I don't know what planet you guys are on stating 3 billion initial commitment is all we give to meet this goal? I'm not wrong about anything. We need to make america great again not put money into a slush fund for international climate change.
    just out of morbid curiosity when was America great? what timeline are you trying to get back to ? 1800s?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So when you cited a source that proved you were wrong, you weren't wrong - your own source was wrong? Or were you wrong about your source not being wrong?

Or did you even read your source?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I hope Canada remembers that when the entire US turns into a desert, they better start building a wall now.
    Yeah Canada is so innocent and does nothing to damage the environment.