View Poll Results: Your least favorite expansion

Voters
772. This poll is closed
  • Classic (I know it is not an expansion)

16 2.07%
  • BC

29 3.76%
  • Wrath

16 2.07%
  • Cata

152 19.69%
  • MoP

66 8.55%
  • WoD

374 48.45%
  • Legion

119 15.41%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    What? Easily the peak of every class in terms of gameplay and design.
    Further Int nerfs made healing extremely boring. Yeah, you weren't going OOM after just 2 casts, like it was back in Cata, but that's when boring hard HPS limit concept appeared, that still present in game and makes healing extremely boring. And it's just one change of many.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

It's a toss up between Legion and WoD for me but there is still time for Legion to improve so I voted for WoD.

Deleted
    For me the worst era of wow starting from the least to the greatest is WOD>>Legion>>MOP>>CATA>>Classic>>TBC>>Wrath.

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that Wod was an absolute atrocious expansion, and if it wasn't for wow's amazing past legacy as an Mmo, this expansion could have very easily hurled the game into mmo oblivion. Legion for me is just frustrating and painfully boring and I cannot seem to enjoy it whatsoever. MOP I liked at the start, though again in the end for me, it just got dry and boring. Cata I actually enjoyed, But Dragon Soul for me was a boring and terrible raid with such a mediocre last boss fight that could have had way more thought and imagination put into it, especially considering it was the main villian of the entire game, not to mention also that it was dragged out for 12 months. But in my opinion the Cata expansion gets far worse criticism and hate than it truly deserves. Classic was adventurous, but at times it was long winded also. but what can be said about Tbc and Wotlk? The true pinnacle of wow in my opinion, great stories, great lore, great music, great raids and Enjoyable dungeons, not without flaws though, But the Pros far outweighed the cons where thses two expansions were concerned, as most players seem to agree. I am truly Grateful for the amazing Journey and excitement wow brought me over the Years, but sad to say, that journey has now come to an end. I'm spending more of my time thses days in the adventourous story content of Knights of the eternal throne and Knights of the eternal empire in stwor, which is now giving me a similar sort of buzz and enjoyment i had back in the days of TBC and Wotlk. In closing I would like to extend a big thank you to Blizzard also for setting the standard for Mmos with Classic WoW, TBC and Wotlk, and for making a truly amazing game that will go down in history.

Deleted
    For me the worst era of wow starting from the least to the greatest is WOD>>Legion>>MOP>>CATA>>Classic>>TBC>>Wrath.

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that Wod was an absolute atrocious expansion, and if it wasn't for wow's amazing past legacy as an Mmo, this expansion could have very easily hurled the game into mmo oblivion. The current Legion expansion for me is just frustrating and painfully boring and I cannot seem to enjoy it whatsoever. MOP I liked at the start, though again in the end for me, it just got dry and boring. Cata I actually enjoyed, But Dragon Soul for me was a boring and terrible raid with such a mediocre last boss fight that could have had way more thought and imagination put into it, especially considering it was the main villian of the entire game, not to mention also that it was dragged out for 12 months.

In my opinion the Cata expansion gets far worse criticism and hate than it truly deserves. Classic was adventurous, but at times it was long winded also. but what can be said about Tbc and Wotlk? The true pinnacle of wow in my opinion, great stories, great lore, great music, great raids and enjoyable 5 man dungeons. Not without flaws though, But the pros far outweighed the cons where these two expansions were concerned, as most players would seem to agree.

I am truly grateful for the amazing Journey and excitement wow has brought to me over the years, but sad to say, that Journey has now come to an end. I'm spending more of my time these days in the adventurous story content of Knights of the Eternal throne and Knights of the Eternal Empire in Stwor, which is now giving me a similar sort of buzz and enjoyment I had back in the days of TBC and Wotlk. In closing I would like to extend a big thank you to Blizzard also for setting the standard for Mmos with Classic WoW, TBC and Wotlk, and for making a truly amazing game that will go down in history.

Had to give it to WoD. While I wasn't fond of Cataclysm, at least its story felt complete.

Cataclysm.

Everything I currently dislike in the game has its foundation there, and my two biggest pet peeves also revolve around Cata content.

I am playing since the original release, with some breaks. WoD was the worst for me, I felt I either do scheduled raiding, which I don't like or stop playing. I choose the latter. Legion is my favorite. So much to do, easiest time to get shiny gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Facebook-Minigames and twitter integration...?
    Narrow sighted much? Or, just trying to be hip with the hate?

Development of what Blizzard was working on being 'housing' upgraded from the farm. Aka. Your 'mini-game'.
    Development of character models, and future implementations.
    Development and implementations of a new collections system.
    Development of the Adventure Guide, quite helpful thing, especially for new players.
    Development of character animations, and the implementation of it.
    Development of the questing system, which made WoD one of the more smooth questing expansions, compared to many.
    Development, and update of the group finder system, which was needed.
    Development, upodates and implementations of the new inventory system, which was needed.
    Development and implementation of the merged auction house, which was great to see.
    Implementation of the PvP fail-safe, to avoid accidental PvP flagging.

And the chocker, hold on.. Yes, I like the Twitter Intergration.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WoD was bad, but hands down Legion is the one that I dislike the most. Outside of repetitive gameplay, Legion lacks a lot. There just isn't a lot to do outside of doing the same thing over and over again. Keep doing the same WQ's, running the same instances, etc., which you have to do to keep up your very tiny chances of getting a WF/TF/legendary drop and gathering more AP. The RNGness of almost everything is ridiculous, and I do not enjoy it. The latest patch was about as good as the selfie patch in WoD, got repetitive and boring quick. It also took forever to achieve flying, one of the abilities that I really enjoy in WoW. There are a lot of good parts, and I had a lot of fun in the beginning, it just couldn't hold up for me, and I've been unsubbed more than I've been active in Legion, which has never happened before.

Cata or WoD. Can't decide what is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    You cant turn new models off for NE/BE models in Legion. That option does not work at all.
    You could still turn it off in WoD.

So it is my least favorite expansion.
    ....Oh god damn it....

- - - Updated - - -

WoD: Little content. Too fast. Shitty PVP, Archimonde was forced, who's Yrel, and fuck Grom.

Legion: Legendary system was Eh. Kil'jaeden this patch is BADASS, Draenei lore in this raid is spot-on, Fuck The Xe'ra questline, The raids are fun, World quests are mehish, Mythic+'s are badass, PVP is fine, the new Model's are just fine, this game doesn't look dated now, the Twisting nether area of the Tomb Raid only proves that...

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only man who actually hates Wrath/TBC?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Happynappy View Post

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that Wod was an absolute atrocious expansion, and if it wasn't for wow's amazing past legacy as an Mmo, this expansion could have very easily hurled the game into mmo oblivion. The current Legion expansion for me is just frustrating and painfully boring and I cannot seem to enjoy it whatsoever. MOP I liked at the start, though again in the end for me, it just got dry and boring. Cata I actually enjoyed, But Dragon Soul for me was a boring and terrible raid with such a mediocre last boss fight that could have had way more thought and imagination put into it, especially considering it was the main villian of the entire game, not to mention also that it was dragged out for 12 months.

In my opinion the Cata expansion gets far worse criticism and hate than it truly deserves. Classic was adventurous, but at times it was long winded also. but what can be said about Tbc and Wotlk? The true pinnacle of wow in my opinion, great stories, great lore, great music, great raids and enjoyable 5 man dungeons. Not without flaws though, But the pros far outweighed the cons where these two expansions were concerned, as most players would seem to agree.

I am truly grateful for the amazing Journey and excitement wow has brought to me over the years, but sad to say, that Journey has now come to an end. I'm spending more of my time these days in the adventurous story content of Knights of the Eternal throne and Knights of the Eternal Empire in Stwor, which is now giving me a similar sort of buzz and enjoyment I had back in the days of TBC and Wotlk. In closing I would like to extend a big thank you to Blizzard also for setting the standard for Mmos with Classic WoW, TBC and Wotlk, and for making a truly amazing game that will go down in history.
    Classic isn't an expac....

Like...dude....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Currently? Legion. Prior to Legion it was MOP.

Best to worst. No TBC in this list, cuz I can't judge it - I didn't play on official servers back in that time.

1) WotLK - just best balance between old hardcore Wow and new QOL features. Everything was just perfect, except may be class balance in PVP, but at the end trying to do PVP in Wow was big mistake anyway, so it doesn't count.
    2) WOD - while being extremely bad at the beginning, after 6.2 this xpack became simply perfect for casual player, except may be still having weird story and boring leveling quests. Bought this xpack, when flying was returned to game. Have been playing it till now.
    3) Cata - great content, but really bad design decisions, too lazy end of xpack - WotLK rehashing was way too obvious. Struggled a lot with overtuned content and broken game mechanics during 4.0-4.1, was simply usubbed during 4.2 due to nothing to do, but 4.3 saved the day - I was almost as active back then, as I'm now in WOD.
    4) MOP - instead of fixing Cata's problems Blizzard continued towards exactly the same direction of development. I was unsubbed during 90% of this xpack due to having nothing to do. Mandatory dailies... Boring class mechanics. IOT and TI were especially bad - I just hate claustrophobic no-flying "isles".
    5) Legion - completely opposite to WOD, totally casual- and alt-unfriendly xpack, relies on RNG and grind too much and I hate this two the most. Everything is designed to milk sub fee from players. Even worse, than MOP - I haven't even bought it not to ruin my WOD experience.
    How does 1 put WoD above MoP, and Legion?

Deleted
    WoD. Easily. Cata wasn't that good, but even that was better than WoD.

And I am not somebody who gives into Nostalgia. Usually.

Deleted
    Wotlk, total garbage

Warlords by far followed by Cata

The only bright spot of Warlords was it made me insanely gold rich that helped me buy years worth of free wow and 300 dollars worth of free bnet credit and which xpac could say that! So yeah the xpac sucked but boy did i get alot of goodies from it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    WoTLK was pretty shit.

To explain it's the only expansion I felt like quitting a month after it released. There was absolutely nothing to do once you hit max level. Literally cleared every single heroic and normal mode raid the first or second week, with maybe the 3D variant taking another week?

I realize that some people might have actually found it challenging (lol), but you literally had six months of a moderately hard boss by today's standard (Malygos), and a hard boss depending on whether it was 10 or 25 man (Sartharion). That's it. Clearing Naxx with leveling gear and TBC epics was an absolute joke. WoTLK basically gave a giant portion of the raiding community the feeling of what it's like to be a top tier guild that clears content in a couple weeks, but without the actual grueling schedule, preparation or difficulty of doing it.

It fucking sucked. Ulduar saved the expansion for me because it was a fantastic raid, but looking back they did a a complete 180 on design. They went from the easiest tier in history, then one of the harder tiers six months later. For those who grew accustom to what Naxx was, I imagine it was a huge shock stepping into Ulduar. If you didn't raid, what exactly did you have to do in the Ulduar patch? This was also the era of WoW patches where major patches usually just meant raiding content, completely void of anything else. ToGC was kind of the opposite, giving lots of dailies and outdoor stuff, but in turn giving you only 5 bosses to chew on. Raiding wise ToGC kind of tricked people into thinking their was a lot of content because you could do the instance FOUR times.

So yeah. While a lot of people like to look at WoTLK like it was the glory days, all I remember is this shit Blizzard pulled with the first tier. Over the entire expansion WoD certainly had like zero content, but at least the raiding content was good. WoTLK basically didn't have raiding for the first six months, Ulduar was awesome, ToGC was gated and was short, and ICC was pretty good, but again was gated. For all the shit that WoD gets, WoTLK, if you care about raiding was probably the worst.
    Give this guys 5k dollars

WoD. Not even close thus far. Legion may be going down hill but they will have to fuck up majorly to top WoD is crapness.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    WoD. Not even close thus far. Legion may be going down hill but they will have to fuck up majorly to top WoD is crapness.
    Legion has 8 million subscribers. It's not going downhill at all.

- - - Updated - - -

You people shitted on MoP for the smallest reasons and called it the worst expansion yet. Lol okay. Then all that complaining materialized into an expansion called WoD where you cried how much you missed MoP and in Legion you call it the best expansion ever. Lol.

Lets do this again:
    1.) Legion is the "worst expansion" yet because X, Y, and Z.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD....if there was a burn your garrison to the fucking ground option at the beginning of Legion I would press it and laugh like a mad man while it went up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    How does 1 put WoD above MoP, and Legion?
    How can one put MOP above Cata or even WotLK?

Also, we will never know, how sub number would have behaved during WOD, if Blizzard wouldn't have alienated half of their playerbase via trying to completely remove flying.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-06-02 at 05:56 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Clearly WoD for me.