BM AoE - Initiate Question

Hi,

I'd like to know how u guys manage ur aoe rotation specially in BM. How often do use multishot or with how many targets its worth using it or instead use a single rotation on.

Tks in advance

As per the hunter guide sticky post:
    Up to 3 targets - multi once per 4 secs (to keep up beast cleave)
    4+ targets - Spam multi (to both keep up beast cleave + trigger Stormgod golden trait)

If your engaging your target from range, send pets in with kill command first so they are in range of the target before you start multishotting or you'll end up wasting beast cleave or stormgod procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    As per the hunter guide sticky post:
    Up to 3 targets - multi once per 4 secs (to keep up beast cleave)
    4+ targets - Spam multi (to both keep up beast cleave + trigger Stormgod golden trait)

If your engaging your target from range, send pets in with kill command first so they are in range of the target before you start multishotting or you'll end up wasting beast cleave or stormgod procs.
    Many tks. That was exactly was I was looking for. Btw i'd like to ask one more thing. Besides a tanking pet for solo, a dps with hero and a CR one, is there any adicional pet u would advise?

A spirit beast for the piddly heal. I double up and use the spirit beast in tank mode for solo, and then ferocity mode in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    Many tks. That was exactly was I was looking for. Btw i'd like to ask one more thing. Besides a tanking pet for solo, a dps with hero and a CR one, is there any adicional pet u would advise?
    You've covered the 3 mandatory slots. For tank pet, I like to take a turtle since it has the shield spell.

The last 2 you can just go with your two favorite pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    A spirit beast for the piddly heal. I double up and use the spirit beast in tank mode for solo, and then ferocity mode in raids.
    Sprit Beast isn't needed, you can just throw on a healing leggo like helm, prydaz, or legs when you are soloing things.

You could get a water strider to walk on water if you dont have the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    For M+ you'll always want to run with either a bloodlust pet or a CR pet. The former if you have no other class with bloodlust, otherwise always the latter. Unlike raids, there are no restrictions on the amount of combat rezzes in M+, so you can't have enough of those.

For raids, it often doesn't really matter. There will (practically) always be a bloodlust/heroism class around and generally you should have combat rezzes covered with your DKs/Druids/Warlocks. (If not of course go for a CR pet).

Spirit Beasts have a minor benefit in that they can heal. But generally this heal is negligible in the greater picture, so that's a non-issue. I prefer spirit beast for soloing (and in general they have solid looks IMO).

Other noteworthy pets are those with 50% damage reduction (e.g. Crabs / Turtles) in case you want to solo old content. Often those pet tools are more worthwhile than the spirit beast heals for those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    For M+ you'll always want to run with either a bloodlust pet or a CR pet. The former if you have no other class with bloodlust, otherwise always the latter. Unlike raids, there are no restrictions on the amount of combat rezzes in M+, so you can't have enough of those.

For raids, it often doesn't really matter. There will (practically) always be a bloodlust/heroism class around and generally you should have combat rezzes covered with your DKs/Druids/Warlocks. (If not of course go for a CR pet).
    I find about 1/2 my M+, I start with CR, Hero pet at first boss, back to CR pet, until last boss. Hero at last boss and swap to CR just in case it gets ugly.

For raids, I almost always use a CR pet, just because you never know when someone's not paying attention

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post

Spirit Beasts have a minor benefit in that they can heal. But generally this heal is negligible in the greater picture, so that's a non-issue. I prefer spirit beast for soloing (and in general they have solid looks IMO).

Other noteworthy pets are those with 50% damage reduction (e.g. Crabs / Turtles) in case you want to solo old content. Often those pet tools are more worthwhile than the spirit beast heals for those situations.
    In raids I use a rez pet. On progression its nice to have to spam rez everyone in addition to healers doing it to. It has come quite in handy saving us from a run back multiple times. I dont ever rez when one is called for, just when we have called a wipe then start spamming it

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Sprit Beast isn't needed, you can just throw on a healing leggo like helm, prydaz, or legs when you are soloing things.
    Talking about in raids, nobody cares about soloing.