Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So is BrMs getting nerfed next patch?

I thought they'd overall remain the same, losing some stagger through ISB nerfs but getting an armor buff to compensate. But I just read this post on the WoW forums, and it looks like we're getting more nerfs than I thought:

What we lost:

ISB stagger reduced by 5% through skill.
    ISB stagger reduced by 5% through loss of tier.
    Purify reduced by 6%.
    Fortifying Brew stagger amount reduced by 18%.
    Blackout Strike and Keg Smash not reduced by haste.
    Hot Blooded cut in half.

What we gained:

About 3% extra physical reduction through extra armor.
    3 stacks of elusive brawler every keg smash rotation (with legendary chest).
    I crossed out the ISB reduction via loss of set because that's not really a nerf as that set bonus will just be replaced by the T20 set bonus, so it's not really a nerf so much as a change in direction.

I had no idea KS and BoS will no longer be reduced by haste. Pretty lame.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Hot Blooded is getting cut in half, but duration doubled, so dunno how much of a nerf that really is. I'm guessing it is a nerf for M+ on trash packs, but will be relatively the same on raids/longer fights. Also I'm guessing the 6% Purify nerf is getting offset by the new trait we're getting that buffs Purify?
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-06-02 at 07:11 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Brewmasters were getting too close to bear druids. Blizz can't be having that.

I know BoS isn't affect by haste, but where are you getting the keg smash thing? I haven't seen that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    I know BoS isn't affect by haste, but where are you getting the keg smash thing? I haven't seen that.
    It was bugged in PTR because they added the charge mechanic. The haste scaling isn't gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Keg Smash not reduced by haste.
    WHAT? Holy shit, how did I miss that? That's bullshit. I'm so damn pissed right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    It was bugged in PTR because they added the charge mechanic. The haste scaling isn't gone.
    I had a mini heart attack. Thank god it was just a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Also I'm guessing the 6% Purify nerf is getting offset by the new trait we're getting that buffs Purify?
    As far as I know we're not getting any traits till Argus raid.

They also changed the fort brew trait so it's just a flat bonus to stagger, IE it actually does something now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    They also changed the fort brew trait so it's just a flat bonus to stagger, IE it actually does something now.
    I completely forgot about that change, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one? IIRC they had 2 traits that effected Fort Brew, one was changed to buff Purify instead of adding stagger and the other remained the same giving Fort Brew a dodge % buff.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

No, Staggering around is now 1% additional purify per point. It's not a bonus to stagger at all, it's a bonus to purify.

Is Brewmaster getting "nerfed"? Probably. Did it need it? Absolutely, considering ToS damage in 95% physical if it went live in our current state brewmasters would trivialize the place far worse then MoU druids trivialized nighthold.

Brewmaster will still be in the top upper echelon of tanking choices. Hell if auto attack damage ever becomes dangerous on a boss it might actually be a buff to brewmasters instead of a nerf.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-02 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Brewmaster will still be in the top upper echelon of tanking choices. Hell if auto attack damage ever becomes dangerous on a boss it might actually be a buff to brewmasters instead of a nerf.
    And it just happens to be that last boss tank mechanic is an AA damage increase. (and most damaging thing in Fallen Avatar is auto-attacking maiden).

Is BrM getting nerfed? Yes
    Will be still be a top 2 tank after the 'nerf'? Yes
    Should we be worried? Short term, No. Long term, maybe since Blizzard proposed some really bad changes that fortunately didn't go through.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    isnt purify nerfed by 10% ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    isnt purify nerfed by 10% ?
    10% yes, but the useless Fort brew trait will give 4% more purify efficiency. So 6% nerf in total.

Except not really at all. We lose 8% stagger from fortified brew and 6% purify in one fell swoop. Yes, the 5% stagger and the extra second off brew cooldown from tiger palm are beling replaced by a heal/purify mechanic, but to suggest that they had to nerf purify to make a tier bonus valuable is silly. They did buff our purify tier 100 talent by an extra 5%, but that only helps if you take it. With blackout strinoe not reduced by haste, and if you didnt take blackout combo, we would almost certainly have the worst tank dps.

we also can onpy run 3 stacks of ISB now which seriously cramps playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Except not really at all. We lose 8% stagger from fortified brew and 6% purify in one fell swoop. Yes, the 5% stagger and the extra second off brew cooldown from tiger palm are beling replaced by a heal/purify mechanic, but to suggest that they had to nerf purify to make a tier bonus valuable is silly. They did buff our purify tier 100 talent by an extra 5%, but that only helps if you take it. With blackout strinoe not reduced by haste, and if you didnt take blackout combo, we would almost certainly have the worst tank dps.

we also can onpy run 3 stacks of ISB now which seriously cramps playstyle.
    But tank dps isn't important right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    For casual raiding? No, it's not.
    For World Top 5 raiding? It is.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    The only thing that is fun nowdays. Bosses mechanics in Legion are pretty much awfully boring for the most part. Unless you are a top X guild, you overgear content really fast, the only thing that left is dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    The only thing that is fun nowdays. Bosses mechanics in Legion are pretty much awfully boring for the most part. Unless you are a top X guild, you overgear content really fast, the only thing that left is dps.
    sorry, this was my little jab at him telling someone else that the new legendary shouders were bad because they only gave additional dps and tanks shouldnt worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Brewmasters were getting too close to bear druids. Blizz can't be having that.
    Brm was better than guardian :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    For World Top 5 raiding? It is.
    wonder how many of those players post in mmo-c, since theres only like what 45 people who are going to be competing for world first this time around?

I still feel BrM are going to be a top tank, if not maybe the top tank with how AA damage is going to be such an dramatic part of the incoming damage for tomb.

but will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by mmoc327e1ca57c; 2017-06-04 at 03:15 PM.