Page 81 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    People here actually think they give a flying fuck about the climate when it's just a money and power grab. Why do you think Elon Musk is pissed? He just lost a big cut of money.
    So if you can make money by further implementing green energy, where's the issue? I mean to my uneducated mind that sounds like really being able to have your cake and eat it too for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Hell, China doesn't plan to do anything till 2030 .
    This is another blatantly false statement.

Beijing has already shut down their last coal fired plant in March. They have canceled the building of over 100 new coal plants (this alone tanked coal prices). They are a decade ahead of schedule in reducing carbon emissions according to American experts.

They've done plenty. They are doing more. What you said is false and based on ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    I know it's hard for you to avoid creating conspiracy, but the money given out is actually, you know, used to reduce emissions. I know, shocker right?

Atleast India and China are investing considerable resources into reducing their emissions while the US does nothing.
    US emission decrease year over year, China is rising exponentially. Try again.

And no, that is the main problem with the aid money, Typical agreements have recourse if the funds are not used correctly, these accords did not have that. Its giving the shady guy down the street your money and hoping he goes and donates it to the puppy shelter. pretty fuckin stupid and naive to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They don't, but because the lion's share per capita comes from the US, the US should be doing the lion's share to help.
    per capita is a useless figure when it comes to emissions though, all that matters is the total amount.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    US emission decrease year over year, China is rising exponentially
    US just changed course to increase emissions, China is shoving the brakes on as fast as they can.

The US is a truck accelerating into a crowd, China is a truck with the brakes on trying to avoid the crowd.

Please be rational.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'm a simple man so I just look at a few examples to figure out if it was a smart move:
    1) All leftists go into full meltdown mode
    2)Reddit and MMO champ have 100s of pages worth of threads more than the Manchester Terrorist attack
    3)Reddit front page is about half filled with pro Paris Accord content
    4)The economy jumped seemingly overnight
    5)Libertarians come out and mostly support the pullout
    6) Kathy Griffin came out crying and blamed her failing career move on Trump

These are all signs that this was a good move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokryn View Post
    Well, one silver lining I suppose is that since we're Unites States of America; States can make their own decision on whether to uphold the guidelines in the agreement and that is already happening.
    This is true, and even a city (Paris!) can directly contribute. There may be some legal obstacles for a state to enter into such a treaty, but at this point, it'd be a good mark if we at least tried.

Trump at least said we can re-enter the Accord later on if it's a better deal for the US. It probably won't happen but we'll see.
    The deal was already pretty non-invasive with easy to reach goals, and was non-binding. I struggle to think what a better deal would be than "something we were going to do anyway plus $2 billion by 2020". And the rest of the members of the Paris Accord (so, everyone, really) have already said no to renegotiation.

I do think people need to simmer down though. The hysteria is pretty silly imo. Trump can only be president for so long and the world is not going to end in 4-8 years. Another, more responsible President, will come along and make better decisions.
    People can and should be angry when Trump leaves one of the most popular international treaties ever purely out of spite. There is no reasonable defense for his actions, which are clearly against the majority of the business, scientific, and popular community. Leaving hurt our image across the globe and accomplished nothing while doing so.

per capita is a useless figure when it comes to emissions though, all that matters is the total amount.
    Per capita helps when it comes to determining who can most afford to make the biggest dent.

Watch the video I just linked, it shows clearly why the US is where the buck should stop, and why.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    US emission decrease year over year, China is rising exponentially. Try again.
    http://climateactiontracker.org/countries/china.html
    https://insideclimatenews.org/news/2...nergy-trump-us

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    These are all signs that this was a good move.
    So, what you are saying is that you don't think for yourself - and let other individuals and media organisations do your thinking for you.

You and your peers are in fact the root cause of the problem we are in now.

The following seems very appropriate right now:
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-06-02 at 07:16 PM.

So, what you are saying is that you don't think for yourself - and let other individuals and media organisations do your thinking for you.

You and your peers are in fact the root cause of the problem we are in now.
    You can't spell "Climate Research Studies" without the word "taxes." Well kinda. I don't need to know anything about it other than it being a regulatory agenda driven globalist affair. No research needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How does leaving the accords lose money for Musk? As far as I'm aware none of our current funding that goes to him is directly tied to it as it was never ratified... This is a man saying fuck you and your bullshit conspiracy theories that will do nothing but harm the nation. Denying climate change is like denying the Holocaust. You can try, but it just makes you look like you have brain damage. Meanwhile, the White House won't go on record as saying they believe GW is real.
    You do realize this deal just makes America pay for everything while China and India can just pollute the living shit out of the planet while we pay for it right? You do understand this? Also if you don't think Musk wasn't going to make money off this deal then you're on cocaine. The people that lose out of the accord is the American middle class.
    Last edited by apeiron1234; 2017-06-02 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    There are reasons to doubt what effects people have on climate change.
    You mean there are reasons to be unsure.

And those reasons basically boil down to "being completely uninformed about the issue".

Once you've actually educated yourself as to the facts, there's one conclusion that emerges. Anthropogenic climate change is happening. It's a fact. Contesting this is no different than claiming that the Earth is flat; it's based on exactly the same levels of denying easily-verifiable fact.

If you honestly just don't know any better, then you're free to not know anything. Nobody's saying everyone should be read up on all issues. But stop pretending that your ignorance is somehow a valid alternative to the truth. That's the root of climate change denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Got it, you don't understand the accord.
    Do you even live in the US?

Deleted
    Tbh, the US would get the short end of the stick in this deal.

And btw, he didn't have to pull out. It's not even a binding agreement, is it? Could've just done nothing with it.

You can't spell "Climate Research Studies" without the word "taxes." Well kinda. I don't need to know anything about it other than it being a regulatory agenda driven globalist affair. No research needed.
    Lol. i laugh at the globalist buzzword thrown by the imbeciles (no, you're not deplorables any more)
    Say it. Say that you like Trumpie just because it pisses off teh evuhl librulz, who, according to your deranged thoughts, wanna install a islamo-marxist-homosexual-transexual-feminist-cat friendly-anti big trucks dictatorship. one where the hunting of cishet white males is not only legal, but encouraged. That's how it is. YOur fear and paranoia is showing
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

You can't spell "Climate Research Studies" without the word "taxes."
    Well, given there is no 'x' in the former - then I'd say you don't have any choice but to spell it without the word taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

The central issue with climate change is not denial, it is lack of understanding.

If those who refuse to learn about it - chose to do so, then they would become climate change UNDERSTANDERS.

Belief infers there is some imaginary being which one has to believe. That is incorrect.

Climate change exists is a matter of fact, there are out there only understanders, or non-understanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You mean there are reasons to be unsure.

And those reasons basically boil down to "being completely uninformed about the issue".

Once you've actually educated yourself as to the facts, there's one conclusion that emerges. Anthropogenic climate change is happening. It's a fact. Contesting this is no different than claiming that the Earth is flat; it's based on exactly the same levels of denying easily-verifiable fact.

If you honestly just don't know any better, then you're free to not know anything. Nobody's saying everyone should be read up on all issues. But stop pretending that your ignorance is somehow a valid alternative to the truth. That's the root of climate change denial.
    please stay on topic, this thread is about the accords, not overall climate science, which the accords have nothing to do with

this thread is about the accords, not overall climate science.
    The accords are 100% based on the facts behind climate science.

So discussing leaving the accords, much of the argument is actually climate science.

please stay on topic, this thread is about the accords, not overall climate science.
    You know that the only country where this stupidity could have been possible (the withraval of an accord meant to fight climate change) is the US, right?

it is the only country where a significant % of the population is stupid enough to believe that AGW is not real

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-02 at 08:22 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The accords are 100% based on the facts behind climate science.

So discussing leaving the accords, much of the argument is actually climate science.
    the accords were a money redistribution scheme to give others handouts. they do nothing to actually improve climate, as everyone is already doing that. All they accords change, is who is giving money and who is getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You know that the only country where this stupidity could have been possible (the withraval of an accord meant to fight climate change) is the US, right?

it is the only country where a significant % of the population is stupid enough to believe that AGW is not real
    the US is fighting climate change, try again