Do You Guys Like Shorter Seasons?

Not sure how I feel about them. Because this expansion has kept me so busy on the PvE side of things, it takes awhile for me to have time for PvP. And the minute I'm ready the Season is about to end, and I feel like I shouldn't bother. Rinse and repeat. I'm sure people who PvP far more though love it since they get their rewards quicker and can only climb so high.

Deleted
    I dont mind the shorter seasons .. It usually makes the brackets more active.

BUT the pvp team has totally screwed over and murdered the pvp scene this season. They have done no pvp changes at all since season launched and therefore the game balance is in complete shambles. I suspected they did this with 7.2.5 in mind so they didn't have to rebalance entire classes again after the changes, but since they are releasing the patch "to late" they had to prematurely end this season.

This has resulted in the worst season in legion history and honestly the pvp developers should be held responsible for their shitty mistakes.

Deleted
    It's better since it adds an element of urgency to having to climb rating which makes the ladder more competitive. And it'd be an amazing system if they actually tried to balance things out after each season was coming to an end, this way you'd get less people whining about how their class got nerfed in the middle of the season and you could really control class balance more. I can only hope they understand the value of this shorter season model.

And yeah it might be worse for casual PvPers who take longer to get in to Arena climbing, but it really shouldn't be too hard since nowadays you can grind out decent rating in 2-3 sessions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    I dont mind the shorter seasons .. It usually makes the brackets more active.

BUT the pvp team has totally screwed over and murdered the pvp scene this season. They have done no pvp changes at all since season launched and therefore the game balance is in complete shambles. I suspected they did this with 7.2.5 in mind so they didn't have to rebalance entire classes again after the changes, but since they are releasing the patch "to late" they had to prematurely end this season.

This has resulted in the worst season in legion history and honestly the pvp developers should be held responsible for their shitty mistakes.
    Im just wondering what part of the balance is completely in shambles?

People complain about pretty much every class atm, ww, dh, warriors, dk, mages rogues, ferals, hunters, rets, sps, afflic - dunno but... isnt that balance? If all class can potentially reach an OP status?

Deleted
    I think I like it, makes it more active and keeps it fresh with rewards etc. Only concern I have is nerfing classes mid season making them useless. e.g shadow priest.

Deleted
    Short is good but 11 weeks might be too short though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    Im just wondering what part of the balance is completely in shambles?

People complain about pretty much every class atm, ww, dh, warriors, dk, mages rogues, ferals, hunters, rets, sps, afflic - dunno but... isnt that balance? If all class can potentially reach an OP status?
    If you look at overall balance at http://www.arenamate.net/ you will see a lot classes that have no viability while others are reigning surpreme.
    If you actively play the ladder you will encounter double shadowpriest healer teams, double arcane mage teams class stacking all over. And while this is happening no changes are made at all, I don't know if you think that's a healthy gameplay.

Deleted
    If you look at overall balance at http://www.arenamate.net/ you will see a lot classes that have no viability while others are reigning surpreme.
    Pretty sure you just described almost every arena season. There are always going to be classes that are better and that will be more popular, but that doesn't mean the rest of them are absolute trash and completely unviable.

I'm pretty sure you're just someone who's class isn't exactly all that good this season and you just don't like the current season because of that...
    Last edited by mmoc37859628ff; 2017-05-31 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkwizit View Post
    I think I like it, makes it more active and keeps it fresh with rewards etc. Only concern I have is nerfing classes mid season making them useless. e.g shadow priest.
    so when exactly is that happening?

One downside is it means less time to do 40 rbgs/100 arenas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balticbear View Post
    Pretty sure you just described almost every arena season. There are always going to be classes that are better and that will be more popular, but that doesn't mean the rest of them are absolute trash and completely unviable.

I'm pretty sure you're just someone who's class isn't exactly all that good this season and you just don't like the current season because of that...
    Exept that I multiclass 6 different classes at gladiator+ level and I see how shit the balance is, season might be fine for someone like you at the 1500's where you don't notice any disparity because it's irrelevant at your level.

No. I want all transmog gear from them towers WQ.

Deleted
    first 6 weeks of season shadow was extremely viable and used all the time in almost all comps over 2k. Now, they're rare to find. Think they had a slight Nerf but mainly team found a way around beating them and cutting out their damage making them unviable. Mainly now, it depends on map and comp you face as double SP is still used but only under certain circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkwizit View Post
    first 6 weeks of season shadow was extremely viable and used all the time in almost all comps over 2k. Now, they're rare to find. Think they had a slight Nerf but mainly team found a way around beating them and cutting out their damage making them unviable. Mainly now, it depends on map and comp you face as double SP is still used but only under certain circumstances.
    I think Spriest have been swapped out for Elemental Shaman.

Deleted
    Exept that I multiclass 6 different classes at gladiator+ level and I see how shit the balance is, season might be fine for someone like you at the 1500's where you don't notice any disparity because it's irrelevant at your level.
    I'm still waiting on some sound arguments on why this season is bad other than "Gamesux xd" and "gb2 1500 cr xd"
    Also, I can't help but notice you denied my statement of you being a class main who is frustrated cause his class is not that good this season. Low and behold i find that you only have a ton of posts in Warlock forums, most very recent, and coincidentally Warlock is one of the worst classes this season.

I'm not denying that you are a Gladiator, but I am saying that you might be very biased about the topic of how good this season is cause of what class you choose to play. And, really, I just want to understand on your opinion on why you think this season is horrible.
    Last edited by mmoc37859628ff; 2017-06-01 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    I would like them if they offered unique gear progression instead of the fuckery that is Blizzard doing now. Cutting corners as if there is no tomorrow.

Not that i play anymore - but have they supplied a working title calculator this season, as they promised?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balticbear View Post
    I'm still waiting on some sound arguments on why this season is bad other than "Gamesux xd" and "gb2 1500 cr xd"
    Also, I can't help but notice you denied my statement of you being a class main who is frustrated cause his class is not that good this season. Low and behold i find that you only have a ton of posts in Warlock forums, most very recent, and coincidentally Warlock is one of the worst classes this season.

I'm not denying that you are a Gladiator, but I am saying that you might be very biased about the topic of how good this season is cause of what class you choose to play. And, really, I just want to understand on your opinion on why you think this season is horrible.
    I've stated that I think this season has been the worst because no pvp balance changes has been made, if you compare this to previous seasons changes would have been made every week with % changes to templates. And I've suspected this is because of them balancing around the new patch and disregarded balance for the current season. That's a pretty big argument for a season being shit.

Lets see what changes they've made since this patch? You're free to add to my list if I don't remember all changes.

People were using guardian druids in pvp, mainly rbgs and a few in arena this caused the devs to make some pretty big template changes.
    Demonology spec for warlocks had it's stamina reduced by 15 % and soul link at execute range from 20 % to 10 %
    Mage food made into kinda regular food, temp shield no more cancelable.
    And warrior toolkit got slightly reduced with duel and disarm's uptime got diminished.

"All" this in 11 weeks of time. Meanwhile ladder is filled with class stacking comps something the devs previously did something about.
    Maybe you're right and I am biased, I've been able to reach gladiator playing pugs and no voice with characters I've just leveled playing braindead comps while the main character I've had for ages and always reliantly been able to push on is left in the dark.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Not sure how I feel about them. Because this expansion has kept me so busy on the PvE side of things, it takes awhile for me to have time for PvP. And the minute I'm ready the Season is about to end, and I feel like I shouldn't bother. Rinse and repeat. I'm sure people who PvP far more though love it since they get their rewards quicker and can only climb so high.
    I don't care for It here, In Legion.

But I'd absolutely hate It during any other expansion, as I'd have to more often then usual gear myself up In Honor and then Conquest gear, and then quickly enough do the same grind... this grind Is non existant In previous seasons of previous expansions, as not only was It more balanced when you had the Conquest Gear, It took longer before you had to change Conquest Gear for another one.

And even then, In Legion you're never trully balanced, someone who has more Artifact Power, grinded more PvE content for Gear with higher ilevel than you will have an objective advantage over you and there's nothing you can do about It, cause they didn't sleep for an entire month grinding that out. That said the last system wasn't perfect, but this system takes a leap backwards. And really, It feels weird without having the ability to aquire PvP specific gear that Is strong and powerful, and you feel like you're Sauron In his armor when you get It.

So I don't really care In Legion, but If they return PvP high end gear and I hope they do or I'm not PvPing anymore as I have been for 12 years now which would be a shame... I'll quit If It so happens this doesn't return, and they keep the "Fair stats for everyone bla bla" thing. Earn your damn gear, casuals.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

For me said I would prefer a season being 3 month! Why, because who it is it just gets boring... at a beginning of the season everybody is curious and there are extensive fights, test new setups, gear and so on... then it goes down down down till almost non is doing arena and then it spikes at the end to again extensive fights cuz all trying to fix or hold their ranking. In short said the between time is just boring and a long wait.