Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Watch the movie like most sane people do, and not the people in the theater... what are you some kind of pervert voyeur :P
    My kids wont be so sexually repressed that seeing sex on the big screen makes em squeamish.
    You must be one of those people who wouldn't let your kids every see you naked coz OMG SCARY.
    I fucking showed with my son the first year and half of his life already because otherwise he'd not get clean coz he hates baths...
    You know what we call that where i come from? hygienic..that's what :P
    Yeah, I did not need to know that. Sorry for your son. /Leaves thread.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yeah, I did not need to know that. Sorry for your son. /Leaves thread.
    wow...you have issues which i guarantee you my kids will not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really weird the issues some people have their kids seeing/hearing mild sex scenes/genital jokes, but are somehow still perfectly ok with those same kids seeing violence and people dying. Never quite understood that.

Definitely going to be checking this out! Not the biggest fan of WW, but this is sounding like it's a pretty good movie regardless of whether or not you like the character herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes! The kids gonna see dirty things no no no!

lul...

May as well tear those tablets and phones off their hands. I bet they can teach you a thing or two with all the info readily available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Some people say it is more a romantic comedy than an epic drama. Is it true? In this case they could do better than expected.
    I mean, not really. There is some romance, there is some comedy, but it is definitely not a romantic comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Really weird the issues some people have their kids seeing/hearing mild sex scenes/genital jokes, but are somehow still perfectly ok with those same kids seeing violence and people dying. Never quite understood that.

Definitely going to be checking this out! Not the biggest fan of WW, but this is sounding like it's a pretty good movie regardless of whether or not you like the character herself.
    With sex the children might ask awkward questions and then the parents will actually have to be parents.

My wife and i caught an early screening of it last night. It was pretty good, but not especially amazing.

The Ares "twist" seemed painfully obvious to me, but perhaps i just see too many movies these days. Also the middle portion felt like a blatant rip off of Captain America : The First Avenger with Diana and Steve forming a group of "Lovable Misfits" to hunt down Ludendorff during a World War backdrop.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2017-06-02 at 11:43 PM.

I saw it earlier today. I liked it a lot. It's like DC took a look at the marvel movies and were all like, "maybe if we added more color, and threw in a dash of light-hearted joy, it would improve things". Cause after the washed-out, tinted blahness and constant night from the other DC movies, this was a breath of fresh air.

I also appreciated how this was a genuinely good feminist movie, and I say that as a very vocal anti-SJW. It would have been so easy to go the route of bashing on men, constantly shit talking men (and I was bracing for a real groaner when Steve Trevor is talking about the concept of "no man's land"), but no, Wonder Woman was just a badass superpowers woman who went to war with less-powerful, but equally badass men. It didn't try to bash on anyone. I appreciated that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what some of you people's problem is but this is not ghostbusters.

It's like some of you are acting as if wonder woman was originally a man and they changed the story to appeal to SJW's or something.
    Might not be ghostbusters level but it's all part of trying to slowly change the thread of society, which some people have major issues with.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Might not be ghostbusters level but it's all part of trying to slowly change the thread of society, which some people have major issues with.
    And what exactly is the "thread of society..."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    My wife and i caught an early screening of it last night. It was pretty good, but not especially amazing.

The Ares "twist" seemed painfully obvious to me, but perhaps i just see too many movies these days. Also the middle portion felt like a blatant rip off of Captain America : The First Avenger with Diana and Steve forming a group of "Lovable Misfits" to hunt down Ludendorff during a World War backdrop.
    does it make it less good that it was similar to Cap? especially if you're judging it as an individual movie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And what exactly is the "thread of society..."
    Patriarchy blah blah blah. Essentially the way things have been for decades, if not centuries, which is now quickly morphing into something completely alien and shaking the foundations of so-called Western Culture in the process.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post

It is the opposite character DC created for Cap preaty much.
    The ultimate soldier = Amazonian warrior princess aka = both created to be soldiers who strive to be more then just that in their personal lives.

For each character of marvel there is a almost carbon copy made by DC and vice verse.
    Obviously there many diffrences but at its core you can't deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    To be honest this sounds more like you inventing a political subtext where there isn't one.

By all accounts the movie actually sounds quite good, contrary to the MMO-C narrative. I'm quite looking forward to it.
    Im not surprised tbh. mmo-c has a reputation of being sexist af. Wonder woman will kick ass and be an awesome movie, but the main culprits on this site will scream from the mountaintops that WW is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Patriarchy blah blah blah. Essentially the way things have been for decades, if not centuries, which is now quickly morphing into something completely alien and shaking the foundations of so-called Western Culture in the process.
    I think "western culture" can adapt to having movies with women as the main characters in them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    It is the opposite character DC created for Cap preaty much.
    #1 cap is marvels version of supes
    #2 the better fit for ww in marvel would be thor (child of a god etc)

For each character of marvel there is a almost carbon copy made by DC and vice verse.
    If thats a bad thing then you must hate marvel

Obviously there many diffrences but at its core you can't deny it.
    why would anyone deny that, thats what happens when people from dc go to marvel and from marvel to dc....

This isn't a subforum for discussing cultural trends and/or conspiracies/agendas. Keep it within the actual context of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    does it make it less good that it was similar to Cap? especially if you're judging it as an individual movie?
    That is a good question.

No i don't think that particular factor made the movie worse really if judged solely on it's own merits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This isn't a subforum for discussing cultural trends and/or conspiracies/agendas. Keep it within the actual context of the film.
    Opened the thread, jumped to last page and saw this^.

Now I really need to browse through the thread to see what the fuck has been going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Im not surprised tbh. mmo-c has a reputation of being sexist af. Wonder woman will kick ass and be an awesome movie, but the main culprits on this site will scream from the mountaintops that WW is terrible.
    Dafaq are you talking about? Seems like positive reception to me here.

Let's not ruin good vibes here with feminazi bullcrap shall we?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Opened the thread, jumped to last page and saw this^.

Now I really need to browse through the thread to see what the fuck has been going on here.
    Just some shitters pulling out feminist card out of blue on both sides of the fence.