Rick Moranis will return to acting after 20 years

It's about time. He was always good at playing the characters he played.I wonder if hey'll survive as an actor in current era movies.

Thanks to movies like Spaceballs and the Honey, I Shrunk The Kids franchise, Rick Moranis was one of comedy’s biggest film stars of the ’80s and ’90s, but we haven’t heard much from the actor since then. He hasn’t appeared in a live-action film since 1997, when he decided to step away from acting and focus on his family. In the last 20 years, the only movie work Moranis has done is a few voice roles in animations, but now he’s making a (small) comeback (via The Hollywood Reporter).

On SCTV, Saturday Night Live, and the movie Strange Brew, Moranis and Dave Thomas (not the Wendy’s guy) hosted a parody talk show called Great White North as Bob and Doug McKenzie, a pair of brothers who were walking Canadian stereotypes. Now, Thomas’ nephew Jake has suffered a spinal cord injury that’s left him paralyzed from the waist down, so Thomas has organized a benefit concert in Toronto on July 18. It’s for this special occasion that Moranis will reunite with his fellow McKenzie brother to act once again.

The event is set to be filled to the brim with Canadian comedy legends: Martin Short is hosting (and he’ll make an appearance as Jiminy Glick as well), and also attending are Dan Aykroyd, Eugene Levy, Paul Shaffer, and others.

Check out a Great White North sketch below, and let us know in the comments what your favorite Rick Moranis moments are. Do you think this could mean that 20 years later, he finally gets back into acting?
    http://nerdist.com/rick-moranis-retu...adian-benefit/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay loved his movies, especially the Flintstones and Honey I shrunk the kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I was wondering about him a few days ago

Sad what happened to his wife

As for coming back to movies iam sure there are plenty of nostalgia execs who are willing to put him in some kind of throw back comedy.

Though looking at his wiki he said he just took a long break from acting and that he never really retired its just he is very picky on any future roles he wants to play.

Also iam glad he had the balls to say no to a cameo in that fucking awful ghostbusters reboot!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-06-02 at 08:52 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rick Moranis is such a genuinely great guy. His music is funky good as hell too.

Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-06-02 at 09:01 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Sad what happened to his wife
    What actually happened to his wife? Did she die? If so, how?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What actually happened to his wife? Did she die? If so, how?
    She passed away from breast cancer if I recall correctly.

He always seemed like such a great guy, especially with the decision to quit acting when his wife died to raise his children. That's essentially unprecedented for the level of popularity he had when he did decide to leave. That makes me respect him maybe more than any other actor out there, since he clearly could have afforded to just hire a shit load of babysitters and kept acting.

I abso-fucking-lutely adore the movie version of Little Shop of Horrors and Spaceballs. Honey I Shrunk the Kids is pretty decent as well. I even like the Flintstones in a "This is so bad but I'm enchanted" kind of way.

Oh and Ghostbusters. duh.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-03 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    She passed from liver cancer in 1991(after 5 years of marriage).

- - - Updated - - -

Liver. /10char
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Moranis
    "Moranis took a hiatus from working in the film industry after the death of his wife Ann from breast cancer in 1991."

But since anyone can edit these things, you may be right.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one mentioned Little Giants. He was a straight man in that movie, but it was still great. I was surprised that it has been 20 years. Now I feel old.

Ha! I actually got my kids in Little Shop of Horrors recently. They sing it all the time. Adorable.

Dark Helmet rises!