10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    the situation isn't to make mastery literally the best stat by a mile?????
    Fair point. But the current situation of Mastery being the worst stat by a mile isn't a good option either.

Blizzard went through the trouble of redesigning MW mastery but fucked up the implementation so badly that it's universally avoided... again. That's a huge failure on their part.

I'd rather the unique spec specific stat be OP rather than underpowered simply because it's more interesting than crit/vers. That might be just me though.

yea guys if I have 500% mastery, it adds 500% more sp to revival. Sounds like a good idea, especially when the spec has the ability to proc multiple mastery hits on the same target
    Oh my god than make it only 50% instead of 100% Mastery healing, who cares. The fact that it doesn't proc Mastery is just absurd. Why is Echo of Light applied with EVERY tick of Divine Hymn? Why is Healing Tide improved by Mastery with every tick? And why the hell is Revival the only healing raid CD that doesn't benefit by Mastery nor any other stat except crit/vers?

And who has 500% Mastery? Nobody. I've got something like 400% because I am playing a Mastery build and I am still some kind of outsider with that. I think most MWs don't even have 200% Mastery.

Its like mastery is a bad stat l o l

Quote Originally Posted by MistSi View Post
    Its like mastery is a bad stat l o l
    it is a bad stat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And who has 500% Mastery? Nobody. I've got something like 400% because I am playing a Mastery build and I am still some kind of outsider with that. I think most MWs don't even have 200% Mastery.
    I have a set with 570% mastery. Gusts crits for over 1m. 700%+ is possible with current gear which could get 1.5m+ crits easily with Enveloping buff and it's still bad.

It's a fun set to use in M+ for a change but it has garbage AoE throughput and a bunch of other issues.

Latest PTR: 4% buff across the board. LOL.

If there were any MW left playing I guess now is the time where they realize that Blizz are done with the spec for 7.2.5 and start complaining.

An entire PTR cycle of MW "extra attention" and nothing has been fixed. MW still the worst healer in the game. Typical Blizz.

personally wasn't even expecting that aura buff, so i'm happy with what we can get

wouldn't say nothing was fixed, the gameplay is healthier on ptr compared to live, and we got some nice buffs

don't get me wrong, i know these buffs aren't enough to be comparable to druid's throughput, but they're nice (and needed) nonetheless
    Last edited by Tiphess; 2017-06-01 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god than make it only 50% instead of 100% Mastery healing, who cares. The fact that it doesn't proc Mastery is just absurd. Why is Echo of Light applied with EVERY tick of Divine Hymn? Why is Healing Tide improved by Mastery with every tick? And why the hell is Revival the only healing raid CD that doesn't benefit by Mastery nor any other stat except crit/vers?

where have I heard of a mastery that has different values of spells before

I'm losing my gift for finding out information guys. Perhaps I should pray to the jade serpent?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    personally wasn't even expecting that aura buff, so i'm happy with what we can get

wouldn't say nothing was fixed, the gameplay is healthier on ptr compared to live, and we got some nice buffs

don't get me wrong, i know these buffs aren't enough to be comparable to druid's throughput, but they're nice (and needed) nonetheless
    What exactly has been fixed? They removed EF spamming (that's been an issue) and gave us nothing instead. That's a nice way of "fixing" MW problems. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that EF has a CD but the other changes aren't nearly good enough to justify this. Buff EF a bit, buff Vivify a bit and give us a 4% overall healing increase while
    a) our stats are still scaling poorly,
    b) Mastery doesn't affect our AoE heals,
    c) crap talents like Chi Wave stay untouched,
    d) Revival heals like a wet noodle,
    e) our mana costs / mana regeneration is still the worst of all healers and
    f) our T20 bonus was changed for worse and is crap now.

I don't want to compare to Druids or to compete with them for the 1st spot. I want to be a MW whose possibilities in healing / usage are similar to the likes of other healers.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-06-01 at 08:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want to be a MW whose possibilities in healing / usage are similar to the likes of other healers.
    Mistweaver never gets this treatment. It was constantly bottom 2 healers for a very very long time.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-06-01 at 08:45 AM.

1. Buff RJW
    2. Make MW targetable by "wreck-those-melees" boss abilities (Suffocating Dark, Twilight Volley, Spontaneous Fragmentation, etc)
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

<3 Blizz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    why even link this, there are enough tears in this thread already. Forums where people are happy are not real forums

Just wait till next tier maybe they'll just give Mistweaver another broken tier set and then just redesign the spec again in 8.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Just wait till next tier maybe they'll just give Mistweaver another broken tier set and then just redesign the spec again in 8.0
    After 8.0, "wait till next tier maybe they'll just give Mistweaver another broken tier set and then just redesign the spec again in 9.0"

Don't imagine this spec will be good in the future. If you like to play it, just play.

I mean MW in Beta looked pretty good, didn't it? How did they break it afterwards? I haven't followed the Beta that much but still... I mean it's not like our toolkit is missing something (maybe one CD but even that's debatable), but the stat scaling, Mastery and Mana costs / regeneration are ruining a spec that's got a pretty neat gameplay underneath a hill of pretty bad and dumb design decisions.

They cucked our best 2 legendaries because it made rising thunder to good(so they nerfed that too) and all the casuals whined that playing RT would be to complex for them to handle. They fixed the ReM bug and then just left the class in the gutter.

7+ Year Old Account
    They cucked our best 2 legendaries because it made rising thunder to good(so they nerfed that too) and all the casuals whined that playing RT would be to complex for them to handle. They fixed the ReM bug and then just left the class in the gutter.
    MW always fills with infinite bugs. Some bugs never got fixed even before those spells were deleted. For example buggy GotS
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-06-02 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean MW in Beta looked pretty good, didn't it? How did they break it afterwards? I haven't followed the Beta that much but still... I mean it's not like our toolkit is missing something (maybe one CD but even that's debatable), but the stat scaling, Mastery and Mana costs / regeneration are ruining a spec that's got a pretty neat gameplay underneath a hill of pretty bad and dumb design decisions.
    Because RT was the only good thing about new Mistweaver. Once RT was effectively deleted from the game, mistweaver became a trash-tier spec.

I don't think people realize but everything about RT was nerfed. I'm not joking, literally everything.

> TFT-ReM nerfed - Mana cost went up, ReM does less healing.

> Vivify - Mana cost went up, less renewing mists because of mana sustainability issues means less UT vivifies, which gates the output of the spell. UT vivify was the core mana dump of Fistweaving playstyles. EF was too hard to use for RT.

> Teachings of the Monastery/Spirit Of The Crane - Mana refunded from SoTC lowered, teaching of the Monastery reworked from 1 stack with a 30% RSK reset for 1% mana refund, to 3 stacks for 45% RSK reset for 1.95% mana. In effect this means you get less mana back fistweaving for chain resets. You are also far less likely to reset RSK now, which leads to overall less TFT's.

> Celestial Breath - 30 second cd added to RT. Added because RT by itself was too good.

> Rising Sun Kick - Mana cost doubled/tripled.

> Legendaries - Leggings of the Black Flame output reduced by 50% went from a ~25% hps increase to a ~12% hps increase. Legendary Boots effectively deleted for Fistweaving. Went from ~20% hps increase for RT to ~0%.

> DPS - More of the DPS output was shifted away from RSK and onto Blackout Kick. This means RT is effectively less of a total dps increase, because regular mistweaving's dps potential was much closer to RT's.

> Output rebalancing - Blizzard heavily buffed Essence Font and nerfed all other alternatives. This led to the death of RT because RT cannot use Essence Font effectively, and it is far too mana intensive.

Hopefully you can see why the talent is bad. Everything good about was nerfed. Since Rising Thunder was the only good thing about Beta Mistweaver after the huge nerfs to the toolkit (examples being lifecycles + mistwrap nerfs, and effuse spam) the talent being effectively deleted was the nail in the coffin for Mistweaver.

Fun fact, I actually believe if people like myself didn't post about pre-nerf leggings of the black flame, or pre-nerf el'thas, Mistweaver would have been good (great even) in t19, providing you had those legendaries. Sorry guys for ruining the spec for you : )
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-06-03 at 09:20 AM.

Fun fact, I actually believe if people like myself didn't post about pre-nerf leggings of the black flame, or pre-nerf el'thas, Mistweaver would have been good (great even) in t19, providing you had those legendaries. Sorry guys for ruining the spec for you : )
    Go back to discord, haha im just joking you did ruin mistweaver you don't know what you want from the spec you don't even play misweaver.

i said that bolded part at the beginning of the expansion, that's probs why i got excommunicated from the mistweaver community you don't like the truth, just shut the fuck up when blizzard makes us op, who the fuck cares?
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2017-06-03 at 01:05 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Old boots, pre-nerf legs and RT were the most attractive parts of the spec going into Legion.
    @Sups, you pointing out Env uptime with boots, the power of legs and RT might have got them nerfed sooner than they would otherwise have been but let's be real; Blizz were going to dumpster the spec regardless of feedback.

RIP.