Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You must have CHEAP friends....
    Once you're at a certain age and years into a relationship/friendship you value certain things differently (like money for example).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Base game $20, Legion $60, 9months of Legion @ $16 a month. My state taxes Wow, so its sub is closer to $16 a month. Im probably off on Legions price, maybe it was closer to $55? Even if you do the 3 month plan its still over $200 with the base game and Legion costin 55$.
    So $225 spread out over nine months. If you're playing it consistently over those nine months, that's not bad.

If you like the game, MMOs are a very cheap form of entertainment for the time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    So $225 spread out over nine months. If you're playing it consistently over those nine months, that's not bad.

If you like the game, MMOs are a very cheap form of entertainment for the time spent.
    Plenty of other games you can put just as much time in as Legion at the Fraction of the cost. Wow is definitely not the best bang for ur buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Depends on how high your standards for "entertainment" are.

I mean, I could buy a DVD copy of The Matrix for $2 today and watch it three times every day for the next ten years. Maybe some people would really enjoy that, but am I really getting a big "bang for my buck" there? Meh.

WoW is just too damn repetitive and uninteresting most of the time. The fact that it eats so much time doesn't mean that you're getting value out of that unless you're really, really enjoying that time. Otherwise it's just throwing time into a hole, not really entertainment.
    Seems to me it would be pretty self-adjusting for anyone not mentally ill.

Since we tend to not do things we don't like if we don't have to. You know, as sentient beings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I live, libraries are even cheaper. Entertainment doesn't necessarily revolve around video games.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    the science is clear

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"

A friend, girlfriend.
    how to know when someone has never had a girlfriend
    when they claim having a girlfriend costs less then 15$ a month

- - - Updated - - -

Base game $20, Legion $60, 9months of Legion @ $16 a month. My state taxes Wow, so its sub is closer to $16 a month. Im probably off on Legions price, maybe it was closer to $55? Even if you do the 3 month plan its still over $200 with the base game and Legion costin 55$.
    yeah, for 9 months
    what other game do you play for 9 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"

A friend, girlfriend.
    Friends and girlfriends aren't "forms of entertainment." That phrase has a very specific meaning that the two things you suggested don't apply to.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

In my opinion WoW is not a high value form of entertainment so...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    how to know when someone has never had a girlfriend
    when they claim having a girlfriend costs less then 15$ a month

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, for 9 months
    what other game do you play for 9 months?
    League of Legends for starters, I also go back and revisit other games as well. I just started back up with a modded version of Skyrim remastered and that game also cost me $0. An before you think about arguing I needed the other version to get the remastered, that one only cost me 7$ for the base game and all the DLC.

So no, Wow does not have the highest Value of entertainment, not even in the video game portion..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    A wank is free. Checkmate.
    no no no. it costs $20 when you go home with regret. Can't you read?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    In my opinion WoW is not a high value form of entertainment so...
    if you dont like it then why are you still playing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

So you've never felt compelled to do something past the point of it being fun in WoW due to any number of issues? You were just having maximum fun at all times no matter what? If so, more power to you, but hey.

It's the very design intent of these games, to try to get people to do exactly that. Sure, not everyone falls into that trap, but plenty of people do without realizing that it's even happening.

Anyway, I don't really know who your snark is aimed at here, I quit a long time ago. Almost seems like you're just being defensive for some reason.
    That you have less than maximum fun does not mean you aren't having fun. Sometimes you also do things you don't enjoy, to do things you do enjoy.

Or maybe you have a ton of fun paying your electricity bill to play video games? Do you have fun working so you can afford a pc? It's a shitty attitude to have. You're a free person just don't play if you don't want to, but know that playing when it's less than maximum fun doesn't mean it's anti-fun.

League of Legends for starters, I also go back and revisit other games as well. I just started back up with a modded version of Skyrim remastered and that game also cost me $0. An before you think about arguing I needed the other version to get the remastered, that one only cost me 7$ for the base game and all the DLC.

So no, Wow does not have the highest Value of entertainment, not even in the video game portion..
    1. yeah games like league, but the amount of content you get from league compared to wow is so minor
    2. do you really play skyrim for 9 fucking months though?

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV, $12.99/month, much more content than WOW.

The very fact that you draw a comparison between "playing this game" and "paying your electric bill and working a job to buy a PC" should make the reality of the situation here pretty clear to any reader.

And no, I'm not overly interested in a game making me do "things I don't enjoy" just so I can have their permission to have fun later. No, thank you. I don't need "Job Simulator 2017" waiting for me when I come home from my real job.
    Maybe for people who project a lot. I was adjusting my rethoric and comparison to the audience.

For pure value, Humble Monthly is unmatched. Wow is pretty cheap tbh, most mmo's are but they're designed to be grindy because they're a bit shallow outside of social experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 costs 19.99 Euros, and apart from all the fun, you also get free training that will help you obtain your Commercial driver's license which will help get you out of your momma's basement.

SCANIA ftw.
    self driving semi trucks will start going on the road in 2018 and will start eliminating human drivers over the following 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Except that you don´t need to do anything else but buying some beers in a bar. For WoW you need a computer, internet connection, power, a house etc.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I get more entertainment from my £6.99 Netflix sub tbh.

Deleted
    The $5 rubber ball in my garage is even cheaper and provides an even higher value form of entertainment with much shorter maintenance cycles, much less lag, zero recurring fees and no restrictions over sharing the ball with my friends and virtually unlimited hours of gameply. How can $20 at the Bar with friends ever compete?