Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

1. no negotiation
    2. no recognition
    3. no peace with Israel.
    So long as that stands we can look forward to the 100th year anniversary with nothing really changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Hence why I called them pathetic, because they just never had the leadership the Israeli's had, then again, they were defending themselves for the right to exist on this planet, after having lost many Jews throughout the world wars.

Funny thing, they tried again in 1973 and got wiped out again.
    From my experience in the ME, working with the Iraqi military, ill say that they have heart, but no dedication to a national government or military. The tribal loyalty is a much stronger unifying force.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Indeed you did lol.

I always find it mildly amusing that people get so worked up about people who make up less than .1% of the worlds population in a state the size of New Jersey.

OT though, Hell yeah for Israel, not only did they whoop ass, but they did so while out numbered and surrounded.
    American help, and American military equipment can kind of do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Hats off to the hardy people of Israel. The various backseat drivers that tell them how they should handle Israeli affairs while safely ensconced in Western nations that don't have to live being surrounded by enemies can continue to be ignored.
    "Hardy people of Israel".

/infinite laughter

Let's see how "hardy" they would be without the USA giving them 10's of billions in aid every year and military equipment and protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

/infinite laughter

Let's see how "hardy" they would be without the USA giving them 10's of billions in aid every year and military equipment and protection.
    They've certainly won fights while outnumbered and outgunned. Whatever you think of Israelis, it's clear that the Islamists that want to see them destroyed are a pathetically ineffective lot when it comes to actual combat. Islamists are pretty good at hiding until they can detonate a bomb on some kids, but pretty ineffective in combat against Israelis and Americans. It's been a long time since anyone's been impressed by the military prowess of Arab nations.

American help, and American military equipment can kind of do that.

- - - Updated - - -

/infinite laughter

You do realize the soviets were supplying their rivals right?

They've certainly won fights while outnumbered and outgunned. Whatever you think of Israelis, it's clear that the Islamists that want to see them destroyed are a pathetically ineffective lot when it comes to actual combat. Islamists are pretty good at hiding until they can detonate a bomb on some kids, but pretty ineffective in combat against Israelis and Americans. It's been a long time since anyone's been impressed by the military prowess of Arab nations.
    I thought you said they were "Hardy People".

"Hardy People" generally don't need USA protection, military hardware, and 10's of billions of dollars every year.

"Hardy People" /infinite laughter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You do realize the soviets were supplying their rivals right?
    Sure, but no where near the level the USA was, and no where near the technological advantage the USA gave them.

You are trying to make it seem like it was a 1:1 ration between the Soviet's and the American's. It was not. The USA were at least two tiers higher than the Soviets in technology, and also the Soviets were no where as committed as the Americans were to Israel.

"Hardy People" though, amirite?

Real boot strappers with all that welfare from America!

Almost certain that if oil as a priority in the US ever goes away, they'll dismiss the Mideast as irrelevant, and cut every bit of aid to any country. (The Camp David Accords which gives billions to both Israel and Egypt, will likely be shredded)

Maybe the arab armies didn't have enough civilians to hide behind as they fought and that's why they lost.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They truly showed how pathetic they truly were, outsized and out machined Israel by a factor of 5 and still got their asses handed to them.

- - - Updated - - -

The land was never Palestina, nor was it ever legally theirs, it was theirs because it was part of the Ottoman empire, which itself stole it from the previous inhabitants (mind you it wasn't the Palestinians either). UK then awarded the country to the Jews via a treaty, and the UK at that time was the legal owner of the land.
    Israel wasn't fighting alone really, they were supported by many nations, logistic support, which is a big part of the victory.

The United States has since provided a ton of military equipment/expertise as well as cash to Israel, but they were not a large contributing factor in the 6 Day War. They were fresh in Vietnam at the time, and didn't want to extend themselves in another conflict. While this was a proxy conflict to some extent, the major military players were local.

The reality is that the Israeli army is very well trained and has been for quite some time. Ignoring the politics for the moment, this is a fact that should be recognized.

Check out this site for info: http://www.sixdaywar.org/index.asp

The reality is that Israel had a shit ton of support and some of the best military weapons available.

"Hardy People" generally don't need USA protection, military hardware, and 10's of billions of dollars every year.

They're hardy enough to kick the every living shit out of their Arab aggressors. Having weapons from the Americans is all well and good, but they're still the ones doing the ass kicking.

Don't feign like you're amused rather than mad - everyone is well aware that anti-Israeli factions are sad, perpetually angry naifs.

Aniversary of the thief

They're hardy enough to kick the every living shit out of their Arab aggressors. Having weapons from the Americans is all well and good, but they're still the ones doing the ass kicking. Don't feign like you're amused rather than mad - everyone is well aware that anti-Israeli factions are sad, perpetually angry naifs.
    I'm certain the naifs are those that imagine that people can fight a war successfully without having the best weapons on hand.

If the US could go back in time, I have to wonder if they wouldn't have sided with Saudi Arabia.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    All glory and praise to strong and victorious Israeli people.

May their God keep them and give them renewed strength every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The United States has since provided a ton of military equipment/expertise as well as cash to Israel, but they were not a large contributing factor in the 6 Day War. They were fresh in Vietnam at the time, and didn't want to extend themselves in another conflict. While this was a proxy conflict to some extent, the major military players were local.

The reality is that the Israeli army is very well trained and has been for quite some time. Ignoring the politics for the moment, this is a fact that should be recognized.

Check out this site for info: http://www.sixdaywar.org/index.asp
    advanced weapons do play a huge part in nowadays war, that is like saying afghanistan people were very well trained, but the fact is, USA support their shit against the soviets, and then afghs handed the soviets their own asses by deleting their air power.

is not like the afghs are well trained though ;p.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm certain the naifs are those that imagine that people can fight a war successfully without having the best weapons on hand.

If the US could go back in time, I have to wonder if they wouldn't have sided with Saudi Arabia.
    *shrug*

If I could go back in time, I would have offered Wyoming to the Jews and told them that building a country in the Middle East was a stupid idea that would land them in perpetual war.

Water under the bridge though - as it is, I admire Israelis.

Deleted
    oh cmon at least include a little bit about how they won and why that was a big military achievement regardless of the context of the conflict.

Why are you commemorating the start of the genocide and the stealing of land from the Palestinian people?
    There is no palestine. How can they steal land from that which does not exist?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but no where near the level the USA was, and no where near the technological advantage the USA gave them.

You are trying to make it seem like it was a 1:1 ration between the Soviet's and the American's. It was not. The USA were at least two tiers higher than the Soviets in technology, and also the Soviets were no where as committed as the Americans were to Israel.

"Hardy People" though, amirite?

Real boot strappers with all that welfare from America!
    There was absolutely insignificant technological gap, they had top Soviet weaponry and logistical support with fully loaded transport ships docked in Egyptian and Syrian ports along with warehouses used by the Soviets ready to resupply at moments notice, the only reason the Arabs lost is because they lost the skies and their vast Soviet trained and equipped forces became sitting ducks.

Two tiers higher /infinite laughter, doing it right?