Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Tomb is far more physical focused then Nighthold was, so no, the impact from that is negligible.
    That's great. But with the substantial buffs blood got and the "balancing" brm got they will still be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    That's great. But with the substantial buffs blood got and the "balancing" brm got they will still be better.
    Am I missing something? I saw the 15% damage/healing increase on some abilities for blood, but that's it, and it fails to address the actual issues with the spec, no one playing blood was complaining that you couldn't heal yourself up after damage enough. I have a hard time believing that they would go from basically worst tank to top 2 just from a bit of damage/healing tuning, especially since they got a 15% damage buff on some abilities and are currently more than 15% behind all other tanks except DH in NH DPS.

Anyway, back to bears, I'm still salty on the removal of Mark of Ursol, especially from a M+ perspective. It may end up being negligible in raids because of set bonuses and boss abilities, but man are some M+ fights gonna be more annoying for no reason. Like shade of Medivh or Ivanyr in Arcway, bosses that do noting but chain cast on you. Guardian druids get to suddenly take 30% more damage from pre-patch to patch day for no reason. Gonna suck if, say, your M+ group on Medivh is all casters with long CD interrupts and you have to take a bunch of arcane missiles now. Also, have fun with Kruul post patch, hope everyone got that done early...
    Last edited by v1perz53; 2017-06-01 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Gonna suck if, say, your M+ group on Medivh is all casters with long CD interrupts and you have to take a bunch of arcane missiles now. Also, have fun with Kruul post patch, hope everyone got that done early...
    They were realistically too strong in those situations though, so something had to happen and you had to get weaker somehow. How they went about it is another discussion, but nerfing magic reduction was coming without any doubt.

All the extra DPS from more gear should easily compensate on Kruul, though.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Am I missing something? I saw the 15% damage/healing increase on some abilities for blood, but that's it, and it fails to address the actual issues with the spec, no one playing blood was complaining that you couldn't heal yourself up after damage enough. I have a hard time believing that they would go from basically worst tank to top 2 just from a bit of damage/healing tuning, especially since they got a 15% damage buff on some abilities and are currently more than 15% behind all other tanks except DH in NH DPS.

Anyway, back to bears, I'm still salty on the removal of Mark of Ursol, especially from a M+ perspective. It may end up being negligible in raids because of set bonuses and boss abilities, but man are some M+ fights gonna be more annoying for no reason. Like shade of Medivh or Ivanyr in Arcway, bosses that do noting but chain cast on you. Guardian druids get to suddenly take 30% more damage from pre-patch to patch day for no reason. Gonna suck if, say, your M+ group on Medivh is all casters with long CD interrupts and you have to take a bunch of arcane missiles now. Also, have fun with Kruul post patch, hope everyone got that done early...
    They take 30% more dmg then they use to but they still have cds and passive mitigation. In your m+ group, u can interrupt every other arcane missile so the debuff doesn't stack up and FR the first arcane missiles. Removing ursol is definitely the lazy way of dealing with it, but I don't think it looks as bad as it does on paper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    The question wasn't whether we would be top of the pile (I think), which I am neither interested in nor qualified to answer. What I can say is that our spec is functional still, and the numbers we have seen so far do not imply anything less than viability. If you can choose between equally geared alternatives of all tank classes, maybe you would want to switch, I dunno. But there is absolutely no reason to abandon a geared druid and to reroll to a freshly dinged Blood DK from all I have seen so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    They take 30% more dmg then they use to but they still have cds and passive mitigation. In your m+ group, u can interrupt every other arcane missile so the debuff doesn't stack up and FR the first arcane missiles. Removing ursol is definitely the lazy way of dealing with it, but I don't think it looks as bad as it does on paper.
    It is closer to 40% more magic damage taken though, since 100/70 = 142.85... I am rather unhappy from a gameplay point of view, but from a viability standpoint that isn't going to change much. When running instances with magic damage only bosses, you will probably just have to use RotS defensively or save SI charges for them. The new set bonus will also help because you can probably heal for tons with the reduced FR CD.

Has there been any word on a fix for Intimidating Roar? It still breaks on damage meaning all it does it change what school of diminishing returns is affected. With new content coming out and M+ switching a lot of focus from speed to instead clearing higher levels I think it could be good in more situations if it actually worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Has there been any word on a fix for Intimidating Roar? It still breaks on damage meaning all it does it change what school of diminishing returns is affected. With new content coming out and M+ switching a lot of focus from speed to instead clearing higher levels I think it could be good in more situations if it actually worked.
    It works perfectly fine. I just use it to interrupt a group of mobs or one mob when everyone else's interrupt is down.

He's talking about intimidating roar (the talented version), not incap roar. The talent is supposed to not break on damage (3 second aoe cc), but currently on live it's pretty much the same as incap roar, breaks on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    He's talking about intimidating roar (the talented version), not incap roar. The talent is supposed to not break on damage (3 second aoe cc), but currently on live it's pretty much the same as incap roar, breaks on damage.
    I was under the impression that it is just a regular type fear that MAY break on damage. Whereas Incap Roar will ALWAYS breaks on damage because its only a disorient.
    Last edited by Kaolin; 2017-06-03 at 05:50 PM.

They actually removed the fear part in 7.2, now it's supposed to be a regular 3 second aoe cc that doesn't break on damage. Both incap and intimidating roar don't last longer than a millisecond generally, so it's a useless talent.

Anything known about our hidden artifact skill? I haven't found anything yet.

So IR is still broken on the PTR then? Honestly I don't understand how it can go unfixed for this long. It competes with two really strong talents so I guess it's low on priority to fix?

Deleted
    What do you guys think about the Guardian t20 bonuses - especially in comparison to the brewmaster ones?

Deleted
    They are fine but not exceptional.

Would have hoped for something centered around maul, with the rework and all, but we can't have everything.

Just wait for 7.3, the maul legendary is coming for sure

It'll be something great, like "maul damage is increased by up to 99% based on missing health".

Deleted
    I actually hoped for something creative like that passive we had in wod for maul back as a set bonus. And the 4-set adds that it reduces the damage taken from the next ability as well. But yeah, we get to heal more... pretty much whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    But there is absolutely no reason to abandon a geared druid and to reroll to a freshly dinged Blood DK from all I have seen so far.
    For me I went from my fully geared druid to rerolling to a fresh DH about 4 weeks ago. Now the DH is geared out the same as the druid. What made me move was the removal of ursol (minor) and putting maul on the GCD. That killed my viability of my incarnation.

With the nerf to self heals (which we already were pretty bad at) and the nerf to damage and the buff of every other classes damage, I saw us from being on top to going towards the bottom of usefulness. I was the goto AoE tank with good ST, but now DH are much better at that. I was the tank that could survive anything but now I'm just like the others. I dont see what I bring besides movement stampeding roar that other tanks dont have.

Bear was fun, but soul bomb DH just feels better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bear will still be one of the best tanks in ToS, just not as absurdly powerful as it was in NH. All the tanks are coming more in line with each other, but Bear, monk, and warrior will be the top tier.

Healing from Frenzied Regeneration and Skysec's Hold is no longer increased by Mastery: Nature's Guardian.

Has this always been in? I somehow missed that before.

Just saw that, what the hell...definitely last minute change.

I really hate it when they balance the spec around tier set bonuses. Is skysecs healing fixed at least? Or still 10.0078% instead of 12%?