Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Saw this recently on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZk4Yu42g0I

Seems mostly accurate, especially about the loyalty over skills part.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    There is no palestine. How can they steal land from that which does not exist?
    And in several countries there is no Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    What countries are those? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I thought you said they were "Hardy People".

"Hardy People" generally don't need USA protection, military hardware, and 10's of billions of dollars every year.

"Hardy People" /infinite laughter

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but no where near the level the USA was, and no where near the technological advantage the USA gave them.

You are trying to make it seem like it was a 1:1 ration between the Soviet's and the American's. It was not. The USA were at least two tiers higher than the Soviets in technology, and also the Soviets were no where as committed as the Americans were to Israel.

"Hardy People" though, amirite?

Real boot strappers with all that welfare from America!
    You have zero understanding of military equipment used during the time period or have any idea of when the US even started to support Israel with military aid. You seem like you're happy about your ignorance on the subject too so I doubt you'll do any research into the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Israel wasn't fighting alone really, they were supported by many nations, logistic support, which is a big part of the victory.
    Who supported them with significant logistical support during the Six Days War?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I thought you said they were "Hardy People".

"Hardy People" generally don't need USA protection, military hardware, and 10's of billions of dollars every year.

"Hardy People" /infinite laughter

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but no where near the level the USA was, and no where near the technological advantage the USA gave them.

You are trying to make it seem like it was a 1:1 ration between the Soviet's and the American's. It was not. The USA were at least two tiers higher than the Soviets in technology, and also the Soviets were no where as committed as the Americans were to Israel.

"Hardy People" though, amirite?

Real boot strappers with all that welfare from America!
    Actually at that time, soviet technology was pretty damn comparable with ours. don't forget that their space programs were kicking our ass for quite a while.

Soviet anti air tech was pretty bad ass for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Almost certain that if oil as a priority in the US ever goes away, they'll dismiss the Mideast as irrelevant, and cut every bit of aid to any country. (The Camp David Accords which gives billions to both Israel and Egypt, will likely be shredded)
    The US has shitloads of oil and natural gas in our own borders, but Obama refused to let us use them.

How is this something to celebrate?
    This is part of the reason why the middle east dislike the west. We still have a colony left there, right smack in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Well sure, Islamists hate Jews, that isn't news.

Meanwhile, "Palestine" is a state that was only dreamt of as a reaction based on anti-Jewish sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    advanced weapons do play a huge part in nowadays war, that is like saying afghanistan people were very well trained, but the fact is, USA support their shit against the soviets, and then afghs handed the soviets their own asses by deleting their air power.

is not like the afghs are well trained though ;p.
    I'd argue that the two don't quite equate, though I afree with your point. The Soviet/Afghan conflict wasn't a war between two armies, so much as it was guerrilla warfare fought out of a mountainous and difficult to access landscape. The 6 Day War was a more conventional conflict between armies.

But equipment does play a huge part in it, absolutely. That being said, to that point in time the main supplier of weapons and equipment to Israel was Great Britain and not the United States. And even then, the Israeli army won that conflict through their own efforts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, Israel steamrolled these losers so hard they are licking their wounds to this day.

Short and sweet war, doubt they ever try that shit again seeing how much stronger israel are these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They've certainly won fights while outnumbered and outgunned. Whatever you think of Israelis, it's clear that the Islamists that want to see them destroyed are a pathetically ineffective lot when it comes to actual combat. Islamists are pretty good at hiding until they can detonate a bomb on some kids, but pretty ineffective in combat against Israelis and Americans. It's been a long time since anyone's been impressed by the military prowess of Arab nations.
    Ever since they couldn't figure out that you can't beat a Phalanx formation in a mountain pass?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    A sad day to remember how the most powerful nations decided to support the land thieves. Shame that the Arabs didn't have better military but at least they supported a righteous cause and that's much more honorable than being on the winning side of an unjust cause.
    The arabs stole lands from other ethnicities just as well. it's virtually the history of humankind.

you're just a hateful fucker
    Well, so are you.

Who cares about Arabs? Why do you think we are measuring who has done what? We're arguing right and wrong here. It's wrong to take other people land and kick them out of their homes. I don't care about political borders, as long as you don't kick people out and give them full citizenship I have no problem to where the border lies. I just side with the human and his/her basic right to not be kicked out of his home or be treated like a second class citizen.
    Well if you have problems with people stealing land you might want to start with the bigger offenders first as Israel is small fry compared to the English, Spanish, French, American, Russian, Ottoman, Mongolian, Roman, Greek and a whole bunch of other nations.

Yeah because atrocities happened before by all those you speak of, does that mean it's alright to repeat it? Are you trying to be on the right side or are you justifying evil with more evil?
    What evil Israel was given to the Jewish people and what happened with Palestine being taken by Israel is a direct result of the war started by Arabs against Israel which they then lost. Worth noting had they actually won they would have likely exterminated the Israeli people.

At the end of WWII Europe expelled millions of European Jews some went to the US but most headed for Palestine, they fought a war against the Palestinians in 1948 and then got Israel statehood in 1950. It's really Hitler's fault.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

"Given"? Given by who? Who has the mandate other than the people actually living there? Israelis should have asked the permission of the inhabitants instead of forcefully trying to move and make it theirs because someone who has nothing to do with the land told them "you can have it". They are so innocent, they just went their and took it because someone told them "you can have it", they didn't know that it was wrong!
    The people who owned it, the British. Don't like it? Invent a time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    The people who owned it, the British. Don't like it? Invent a time machine.
    Plus the United Nations (newly formed at the time) approved it so that's about as official as you get when land is given away

Did the British buy it from the inhabitants agreeably? Or was it passed down from one occupier to another? Again it is all wrong justified by more wrong. Why can't people actually side with right? Why can't you be on the good side? Why do humans keep fucking around searching for excuses to justify evil? I can understand Israelis doing that, they get something out of being on the wrong side: they get stolen land. What do you get by siding with wrong? If you can't even side with good just in your thoughts without sacrificing anything, how can you live with yourself?
    Well the Brits came to own it by way of defeating the Ottoman empire in WW1 then they decided they didn't want to run the area as it was to much trouble and recommended the UN divide it up. So if you go back all that way blame the Ottomans for being on the wrong side of the war. FYI the Ottomans decided it was a good idea to start a fight with Russia which meant Russia's allies in Europe (England, France, etc) declared war against them.