Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mannoroth=Goroth?

So I was reading the boss descriptions for ToS the other day, and Goroth's stood out to me a bit:

"As punishment for his past failures, every move Goroth makes causes him searing pain. His entire existence is one of unending torment. His only hope is to win victory for the Legion and earn a higher station after his next resurrection."

I mean, not too many members of the Legion have a list of failures (that we know of ofc) quite as long as Mannoroth's. Goroth's model is quite obviously reminiscent of a Pit Lord as well, and there's always that -oroth suffix coincidentally thrown in there for good measure.

Anyone have a reason for why it wouldn't be him? Anyone else think it could possibly be him? Or am I alone in this?

/discuss
    Last edited by Propainn; 2017-06-03 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well, if current exploits of legion are anything to go by, they are definately not strangers to failures. As for goroth being mannoroth...its possible, but unlikely. They would probably just call him mannoroth once again, i really dont see point for it. Unless of course, mannoroth reached demonic version of "deleting all your social media" state.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well, if current exploits of legion are anything to go by, they are definately not strangers to failures. As for goroth being mannoroth...its possible, but unlikely. They would probably just call him mannoroth once again, i really dont see point for it. Unless of course, mannoroth reached demonic version of "deleting all your social media" state.
    Hey, sometimes you have to re-brand if it's not working. Be he probably should've gone with Roroth then, according to Dwight Schrute: http://coub.com/view/dq9py

Honestly... this is a cool theory

I really wish you were right, that would add another layer of some interesting storytelling possibilities.

If Goroth was Mannoroth then he wouldn't be called Goroth. It seems to be a random pit lord who has a history of failing his masters.

mannoroth only ever failed against azeroth, and a surprise attack by the orcs in draenor(which was an army armed with siege equipment + a magical axe imbued with the power of a colossal titan-spawn)

outside of these few failures, he's a conqueror.

this goroth fellow probably failed much more minor invasions repeatedly. maybe he was the only kindhearted pitlord and spared people too much? pitlords are pure demons, like nathrezim, and we can see that nathrezim can choose to be good or bad. no reason a pitlord shouldn't be able to.

holy shit, that makes me want to see a light-imbued pitlord now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If Goroth was Mannoroth then he wouldn't be called Goroth. It seems to be a random pit lord who has a history of failing his masters.
    Goroth: how many times were you killed in humiliating way ?
    Mannoroth: i dunno, like 5-6.
    Goroth: you are like little baby, watch this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice theory, but I' ll go with the crowd and assume Goroth just sucks at being a pit lord.

Mannoroth only really failed in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Mannoroth only really failed in WoD.
    Failed twice in WoD only.

The grom made him eat shit in W3.

Then we have well of eternity.

idk why he'd get a name change but id be ok with it
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    i like the idea i mean

fucked up again 2 fucking orcs
    fucked up on draenor
    was brought back as a fucking empowered version, was again killed
    i mean, he really is a failure, this would make sense, and he is a new entity now so a new name would make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean we can assume that Mannoroth has conquered thousands of planets with the exception of Azeroth. He was a head pitlord, his powers were below that of Archie and KJ

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    idk why he'd get a name change but id be ok with it
    It happens in the game at times.

Teron'gor / Teron Gorefiend.

Also, it might be Blizzard's way of avoiding backlash for having Mannoroth return despite the twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Mannoroth = Mannoroth. Demons come back as themselves, not as other demons.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    mannoroth only ever failed against azeroth, and a surprise attack by the orcs in draenor(which was an army armed with siege equipment + a magical axe imbued with the power of a colossal titan-spawn)

outside of these few failures, he's a conqueror.

this goroth fellow probably failed much more minor invasions repeatedly. maybe he was the only kindhearted pitlord and spared people too much? pitlords are pure demons, like nathrezim, and we can see that nathrezim can choose to be good or bad. no reason a pitlord shouldn't be able to.

holy shit, that makes me want to see a light-imbued pitlord now.
    I suddenly want to see a children's book called "Goroth the Friendly Pit Lord"...

7+ Year Old Account
    When you're such a failure you have to change your own name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Interesting conjecture, but I'd doubt it. Goroth has a very different model (even structurally different from a Pit Lord) and a different voice actor as well - it seems more likely to me he's an entirely new character. Anything is possible, of course; perhaps after so many failures the Legion decides to introduce errors into the reincarnation process and changes their name accordingly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Interesting conjecture, but I'd doubt it. Goroth has a very different model (even structurally different from a Pit Lord) and a different voice actor as well - it seems more likely to me he's an entirely new character. Anything is possible, of course; perhaps after so many failures the Legion decides to introduce errors into the reincarnation process and changes their name accordingly.
    The sad thing about it is that having numerous pit lord failures make burning legion even bigger joke of a villains.