Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    And that's the real issue...they're trying to do predictions on cycle that may last 100,000 years or more...with only 10,000 years of data. And the data they can't make to fit the model they want, they throw out. Just shows the power of the media in getting people to swallow stuff that makes no real sense.
    Except we have isotopic evidence. The CO2 tells us directly in its chemical fingerprint that it is from burning fossil fuels:

https://www.skepticalscience.com/hum...l-warming.html

Deleted
    And that's the real issue...they're trying to do predictions on cycle that may last 100,000 years or more...with only 10,000 years of data. And the data they can't make to fit the model they want, they throw out. Just shows the power of the media in getting people to swallow stuff that makes no real sense.
    Come on, we have carbon dating and analysis since the 1950s.

We have way more than 10,000 years of data. Ice core data takes us back hundreds of thousands of years, and other sources give us data for millions of years.

Incidentally, the fact that we have this data is precisely why we know that there are long natural cycles, and why the whole 'it's not us because it's always happened' argument is full of shit: because that argument is based on this data, but this data is also why we know that the current rate of change is abnormal. Not really relevant to what you wrote, but it's worth pointing out while we're here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

one point I thought about and this you tube vlogger I follow brought this up as well, is why aren't the right wingers more on board with combating climate change if they gasp at the idea of Muslim immigrants coming in? weather they believe in it or not with the way things are going the middle east is on route to being uninhabitable DUE to climate change. aaand if you think the refugee crisis NOW is bad oooh boy are you in for a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    why aren't the right wingers more on board with combating climate change if they gasp at the idea of Muslim immigrants coming in?
    I suspect they think current relaxed immigration policies will be ancient history by then.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I suspect they think current relaxed immigration policies will be ancient history by then.
    ah yes, the anti immigrant auto turrets will have been installed by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ah yes, the anti immigrant auto turrets will have been installed by then.
    Or some sort of effective means of identifying people who are in the country illegally. Enjoy your ID chips, citizens!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Or some sort of effective means of identifying people who are in the country illegally. Enjoy your ID chips, citizens!
    "It's not big government if WE'RE the ones controlling your lives, baka."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

"President Trump announced on Thursday his intentions to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement.

Reactions were split, with an overwhelming number of Republicans like Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) supporting the measure. In a Thursday interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Paul praised Trump’s actions.

After mentioning the agreement would threaten more jobs in the energy sector, the senator and the CNN anchor had a spat over climate change facts.

RELATED: Things got awkward between Geraldo Rivera and his Fox News colleagues after they couldn’t agree

Paul criticized a portion of the agreement the required the US to reduce its carbon footprint by 20 percent — meaning Americans would either need to reduce their energy output or convert to other energy sources that may or may not be as available — while China did not have to reduce its carbon footprint at all.

“How much should the U.S. reduce its carbon footprint?” Tapper asked.

“I don’t know if anybody can tell you right offhand the number,” Paul replied. “I should say we should try to constrain pollution. We should try to control pollution and I think we have been doing that for about 50 to 60 years.”

Paul went on to criticize climate change alarmists and suggested asking which percentages of climate change came from human activity and how much of it was simply natural. He also stated his belief that some aspects of climate change were caused by human activity.

RELATED: After President Trump withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord, Michael Bloomberg made a generous offer to the UN

Tapper said that Paul could see the effects of climate change on NASA’s website. Paul refuted the accuracy of modeling, noting continuous readjustments in practices and discrepancies in predictions.

Tapper then mentioned rising temperatures, shrinking glaciers, disappearing ice and rising sea levels. Paul also refuted this by speaking about the shallower seas that allowed early humans to cross the Bering Land Bridge, thousands of years before energy dependence.

Paul again spoke of the models bring used to predict the future, which he noted was “notoriously difficult.”
    So because of this was this a really bad deal for the US? I'm not so sure seeing as how China is still a developing country all while the US and the EU have gone through several industrial revolutions and have reaped the benefits while less developed countries are forced to abandon them and seek economic growth else where.

And that's the real issue...they're trying to do predictions on cycle that may last 100,000 years or more...with only 10,000 years of data.
    Just a FYI : We have millions of years of data....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

At least some 'good news,' I guess? Trump has apparently gotten on board with climate change our role in it, if only in rhetoric:

"President Trump believes the climate is changing and he believes pollutants are part of the equation," Haley said Saturday, answering a central question in the wake of his decision to withdraw the country from the Paris climate accord.

Trump "knows that it's changing and that the US has to be responsible for it and that's what we're going to do," she continued, adding that withdrawing from the Paris agreement won't change the country's commitment to curbing climate change.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/03/politi...ntv/index.html
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    At least some 'good news,' I guess? Trump has apparently gotten on board with climate change our role in it, if only in rhetoric:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/03/politi...ntv/index.html
    Yeah, just like Trump said that the US would be leading in innovation regarding climate change. Then seeks to cut funding for said innovation by some 20%. Trump's words mean little to nothing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    Pro-Trump people....there is no way you can defend this latest act of stupidity from your idiot-in-chief.
    I think Trump is a bumbling fucking nimrod and even I don't see how this is an "act of stupidity". Do you have any idea how toothless the Paris Climate Accord is? It's like every other pile of crap those European morons come up with, it's all pointless crap just to make politicians feel good, rather than do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think Trump is a bumbling fucking nimrod and even I don't see how this is an "act of stupidity". Do you have any idea how toothless the Paris Climate Accord is? It's like every other pile of crap those European morons come up with, it's all pointless crap just to make politicians feel good, rather than do something.
    You'd think people might figure out that it's a bad joke of an agreement by how oil and coal companies expressed support for it. For a climate change agreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How toothless it is, is a big reason why. Trump could have said literally nothing, and just not contributed the money the USA was expected to by 2020, and it would have caused less international bad press and hostility than backing out loudly and publicly like this has. It does nothing but stroke the ego of his own rabid base, while annoying pretty much everyone else, to gain nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    You'd think people might figure out that it's a bad joke of an agreement by how oil and coal companies expressed support for it. For a climate change agreement.
    Because they view the transition to low carbon energy as inevitable. And the U.S. being part of the accord gives them, in principle, a seat at the table to determine how that unfolds.

People and corporations tend not to follow black and white characterizations in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    How toothless it is, is a big reason why. Trump could have said literally nothing, and just not contributed the money the USA was expected to by 2020, and it would have caused less international bad press and hostility than backing out loudly and publicly like this has. It does nothing but stroke the ego of his own rabid base, while annoying pretty much everyone else, to gain nothing.
    A lot of the political wonks are saying leaving the accords was a good political move for Trump. Most politicians don't even try to fulfill their campaign promises.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A lot of the political wonks are saying leaving the accords was a good political move for Trump. Most politicians don't even try to fulfill their campaign promises.
    Which ones? The pro-Trump ones who would applaud literally whatever the man chooses to do?

He's been criticized by basically every other nation on the planet over this, and most media as well. Literally the only people I've seen support it are the types would like likely support him beating a journalist with a golf club on the White House lawn for the high crime of "looking at his face".

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which ones? The pro-Trump ones who would applaud literally whatever the man chooses to do?

He's been criticized by basically every other nation on the planet over this, and most media as well. Literally the only people I've seen support it are the types would like likely support him beating a journalist with a golf club on the White House lawn for the high crime of "looking at his face".
    The same ones who won him the election. So yeah, you are correct. The voters who voted him in do not care if other nations do not approve of him or not. What they care about is what is best for their country. Bloomberg just said he thinks there is a 55% chance he will get reelected. And if he is, it will be because he has maintained his support base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The same ones who won him the election. So yeah, you are correct. The voters who voted him in do not care if other nations do not approve of him or not. What they care about is what is best for their country. Bloomberg just said he thinks there is a 55% chance he will get reelected. And if he is, it will be because he has maintained his support base.
    More like what is best for Russia and Russia's oil dependent economy.

Yay, America gets to bailout Russia now! So awesome when your tax dollars will be going to Putin to buy oil we don't need. $500 billion buys a lot of new roads, pipes, and bridges. But who cares right (according to you)?

They have all but declared war on us and you are running around aiding and abetting the enemy like it is some big cynical joke.