Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In the last few hours I've seen so many people go full Nazi, it’s far more terrifying than anything a terrorist could ever do themselves. I mean, we don't know the first thing about the attackers, yet I've heard calls for 'the final solution' against all Muslims. While an act like this screams terrorism, anyone, ANYONE who would attack other people like this are cowards and monsters, period, religion or county of origin doesn't factor into it at all. People have claimed religion or nationality as an excuse for hatred and violence since the dawn of civilization. Being born in a certain spot on Earth, or being raised to believe in the same God as pretty-much everyone else but with a different prophet, doesn't suddenly make you into a hate filled murder monster. It’s when you start to believe hate filled politically fueled rhetoric of power hungry assholes that monsters are born.

Honestly I can’t believe people could be this stupid, terror groups like ISIS have killed far more Muslims than anyone else. It’s like people can’t comprehend what’s right in front of them, terrorists don't care about religion, they don't care about Muslims, its all politics and power, anyone who says different is just looking for an excuse.

Terrorists like this perform acts of terror for one reason and one reason only, TERROR, period. They're not out to destroy western civilization, they're out to make western civilization destroy itself, to rip itself and its values and its people apart out of sheer pants-wetting terror. This of course requires us to blame on Muslims who have nothing to do with this brand of hate, creating even more victims, more division, and more support for their messed up causes.

The sad thing is, the terrorists are winning, they've been winning since day one of the war on terror, because we acknowledged we were afraid, we divided ourselves, stripped away our liberties, and ensured whatever action they took we would grossly over-react in the exact way they wanted us to.

“the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself” – Franklin D. Roosevelt

Seriously, all these pants-wetting nationalist conservatives calling for genocide and/or internment are no better than the terrorists themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What you said was conspiracy bullshit based on your paranoia. If you post something of substance maybe you won't have the perception of everyone posting "Fuck I hate everything Theo posts." posts
    There was no conspiracy bullshit - Her point was that we treat the Muslim community with kid gloves - Again if it had been Nazis, They would have been doing things.
    That was her point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Amazing response time by the police really, the attackers were shot and killed within 8minutes of the first call, that's pretty quick! Its a tragedy that even 6 died, but it could have been far higher.

RIP
    Wait... so english cops shoot bad people doing bad things and get praised? that's weird. in america, you'd already have a whole protest demanding them to resign, threatening their families/pets.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...n_against_ISIL

You folks have the weirdest counterfactual arguments.
    Yes, because Saudi Arabia and Qatar does not fund mosques that are hard-line and with a disturbing track-record of producing terrorists and fundamentalists, No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    There was no conspiracy bullshit - Her point was that we treat the Muslim community with kid gloves - Again if it had been Nazis, They would have been doing things.
    That was her point.

This case has been horrible, but your conclusion also seems a bit hasty. This happens a lot with law enforcement all over the world. Sometimes the are too cautious, sometimes they go full retard. The problem is: you only know it afterwards. But to say it will always happen with muslims, and never with nazis, is just a stretch and i don'T see any evidence for it, just one case (and i can bring you a lot of cases where law enforcement has been too cautious without any muslims involved). You whole narrative is just more fear mongering.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And another MUSLIM terrorist attack. Expel all Muslims and imprison all who can't be deported. It was done with the Japanese and Germans in WW2. We're at war with Islam and no Muslim can be trusted. Go on now, ban me Endus.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-04 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    And another MUSLIM terrorist attack. Expel all Muslims and imprison all who can't be deported. It was done with the Japanese and Germans in WW2. We're at war with Islam and no Muslim can be trusted. Go on now, ban me Endus.

You sir are the most important ally of any terrorist in this world, well done!

A terrorist wants one very specific reaction from a specific part of the population, and you're delivering. It's not about killing people (that's only a "nice" bonus) its about people like you getting enraged at all muslims and sprouting this horrible stuff. They hope that moderate muslims will hear you and go like "hm, i've never done anything in my life, but i get treated like a terrorist. Maybe the raving imam is right, that there can be no peace?" - no one will change his life because of one incident. But let that happen a few times, and a person without an outlook in life, without solid foundaitions in his life, may take this as the reason for joining the next terror attack. Not because of zealotry, not because of killing infidels, but because yeah... that's the only thing they expect of me, so lets show them!

And you, you are the reason there are terror attacks, and you are the reason there will be more. Thanks!
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-06-04 at 07:58 AM.

First time i saw this i thought we had another Manchester incident, this is like the second time in a month in the UK and Ramadan has just started a week or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    You sir are the most important ally of any terrorist in this world, well done!

A terrorist wants one very specific reaction from a specific part of the population, and you're delivering. It's not about killing people (that's only a "nice" bonus) its about people like you getting enraged at all muslims and sprouting this horrible stuff. They hope that moderate muslims will hear you and go like "hm, i've never done anything in my life, but i get treated like a terrorist. Maybe the raving imam is right, that there can be no peace?" - no one will change his life because of one incident. But let that happen a few times, and a person without an outlook in life, without solid foundaitions in his life, may take this as the reason for joining the next terror attack. Not because of zealotry, not because of killing infidels, but because yeah... that's the only thing they expect of me, so lets show them!

And you, you are the reason there are terror attacks, and you are the reason there will be more. Thanks!
    your point is flawed, how exactly would you know how all Muslims think, are you the prophet Muhammad? do you speak for every Muslim?

think of it this way. Maybe if Muslims were banned from an entire country they would start thinking and say "Gee, how can we better ourselves so we wont continuously get blamed for future incidents?" "Perhaps we should look after ourselves better and take care of the extremists on our own?"
    Last edited by announced; 2017-06-04 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because Saudi Arabia and Qatar does not fund mosques that are hard-line and with a disturbing track-record of producing terrorists and fundamentalists, No.
    Again the problem is, that you cannot draw this conclusion so easily. Do they have a lot of influence, yes. Are their schools dangerous? Yes.

But it will be hard to close them. We had this case in our country a few years when Saudi Arabia created the center of interreligious dialouge. Funny sidenote: The fromer secretary of justice was one of the directors of the board, and when confronted by the human rights record of Saudi Arabia she responded with the epic line: "There isn't a beheading EVERY friday in Riad" - anyway, i hate this kind of centers, but its hard to ban them without due reason, also lets be honest - building religious schools in other countries is something the West has done for 500 years and is still doing. Now, don't get me wrong: i would ban it all over the globe, but if you'd single out a single religion, that's hard and probably illegal in most countries (and for good reason!). (And i think some of the evangelical schools that are being built in Africa are a real problem - gay legislation for example)

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry folks, I am sure London will hold another candle vigil, toss some flowers on the ground and keep silent for 2 minutes as they ponder WTF is going on with our country all the while continue to do nothing about the immigrant problem.

These are meaningful actions people.

IMO Europe is a lost cause, a Middle East Lite, and it will only get worse. SAD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    This case has been horrible, but your conclusion also seems a bit hasty. This happens a lot with law enforcement all over the world.
    Find me the case where they said 'id rather not investigate those Nazis, that might blow back on us'.
    Simple fact is, best example is the US, Police shoots a white guy in a disturbing instance, that we have video evidence of, - Nobody gave a shit.
    Police shoots armed criminal black man, who we don't have video evidence of is hands in the air - Everyone starts pretending he was a saint and unarmed and there is a riot "demonstration".
    To bring us back to this point, where is the mass condemnation by the Muslim community? - Why aren't journalists constantly asking them to denounce this shit?
    Because again, they do it whenever the cause isn't this particular ideology (of peace) however the tenuous connection.
    I note that Sadiq Khan didn't mention islam in his condemnation, why isn't he asked 47 times to denounce them, distance himself from them, and otherwise assumed to be complicit?
    It's what the media has done to Corbyn after all.
    "i denounce all bombs and bombings"
    Do you denounce the IRA?
    Do you denounce the IRA?
    Do you denounce the IRA?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Find me the case where they said 'id rather not investigate those Nazis, that might blow back on us'.
    Simple fact is, best example is the US, Police shoots a white guy in a disturbing instance, that we have video evidence of, - Nobody gave a shit.
    Police shoots armed criminal black man, who we don't have video evidence of is hands in the air - Everyone starts pretending he was a saint and unarmed and there is a riot "demonstration".
    To bring us back to this point, where is the mass condemnation by the Muslim community? - Why aren't journalists constantly asking them to denounce this shit?
    Because again, they do it whenever the cause isn't this particular ideology (of peace) however the tenuous connection.
    I note that Sadiq Khan didn't mention islam in his condemnation, why isn't he asked 47 times to denounce them, distance himself from them, and otherwise assumed to be complicit?
    It's what the media has done to Corbyn after all.
    "i denounce all bombs and bombings"
    Do you denounce the IRA?
    Do you denounce the IRA?
    Do you denounce the IRA?...
    German neo nazi underground. Still an ongoing case, but has been ignored for a long time. Then the whole austrian/german problem with nazis working for the state and the police ignoring their crimes. Sorry to give you examples from this region, but obviously i'm more familiar with "local" news, but as we discuss about europe and there has been terror attacks in germany/austria as well....

Still if you discount this examples it is still a huge leap to say this is some king of high up policy.

The other point you made about police shooting white people: Yeah, seems like a problem in the united states, but to be honest i mostly learn about this from MMO-C because at least here there are no similar cases (maybe it has to do with the fact that the police in europe is a bit less trigger happy? - also lets be fair: Its way harder to make this a topic if you don't have a significant black population) Still: There has been two cases of police brutality in recent years that got really big. Both were black people being tortured by police (one of them died because of the torture) Again. Not seeing the point for europe.

And to your last point. Why do they have to?

Do you have to denounce Breivik? Fritzl? Fuchs? Did you denounce them? If not, why not? They are from YOUR culture!

Again, i'm not that well versed in british internal politics, but if they ask corbyn that it's still dumb. Your responsible for your actions, not for the actions of people you somehow have something common with.

Example: My blood type is 0-. That makes me part of a way more selected club of people than just being muslim or christian. So do i have to denounce any crime that someone with my blood type commits? Of course not. It doesn't make any sense. And to godwin: This has only been the legal case in one time in this countries history. You guessed right: Nazis!
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-06-04 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    From what I read there were unconfirmed reports of stabbing victims and gunfire.

- - - Updated - - -

gonna be sad when this kind of stuff becomes so common place that it doesn't make folks bat and eye.
    It keeps happening because everyone freaks out and gives the terrorists the attention they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    It keeps happening because everyone freaks out and gives the terrorists the attention they want.
    and ignoring it is the solution? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    and ignoring it is the solution? wow.
    Just accept it and move on. Once everyone goes "OMG AGAIN! MUSLIMS ARE BAD!!" more fuel is just added to the terrorist propaganda fire.

Sigh... What a fucking waste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I'd actually argue the opposite. We spent a week being all upset and howling for resolution, and then back to standard fare only really reminiscing on it if it comes up because of something (usually some big report or revelation in the case).

If we actually made a case of wanting a clear plan to combat it and kept with that plan for a long time, it might actually get politicians to do something (outside of what they already do).

Deleted
    Don't forget: the local mayor approves of this and promotes it for his citizens...

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Amazing response time by the police really, the attackers were shot and killed within 8minutes of the first call, that's pretty quick! Its a tragedy that even 6 died, but it could have been far higher.

RIP
    I wish they were stopped without been killed, thats what those assholes wanted; to be viewed as martyrs.

Keep em alive and feed em pork every day till they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I'd actually argue the opposite. We spent a week being all upset and howling for resolution, and then back to standard fare only really reminiscing on it if it comes up because of something (usually some big report or revelation in the case).

If we actually made a case of wanting a clear plan to combat it and kept with that plan for a long time, it might actually get politicians to do something (outside of what they already do).
    The problem with that is, no one knows a clear plan to effectively combat it. And like you said, even if we knew it would be a plan to stick with for a long time. During that time you would have to show strength. Especially during something like that. I know it is incredibly sad but lets be honest, 6 people died in this attack, Manchester earlier and attacks in France have been WAY worse.

Even these minor attacks gets so much media attention and make the front page every fucking time, no wonder extremists do it often.