Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makoma View Post
    Meatball worth dropping a current 900 follower?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Once Meatball is 900 yes
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by Makoma View Post
    Meatball worth dropping a current 900 follower?
    Absolutely. Without bothering with the spreadsheet, drop your least favorite/shittiest of whatever spec you have 3 of. Alternatively, check the spreadsheet

If you can't gear him up right away, check my reply below v

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Once Meatball is 900 yes
    Not even. Provided Meatball is at least Orange (either 20 or 25 iLvls below the mission's level, I forget which), he'll still provide his full 75% benefit (90% with Minions). The only reason to finish him off to 900 is that he'll give a base success score for being at or above the mission's target iLvl.

For the record though, I highly suggest you get Meatball ASAP on any new alt so he levels alongside your fresh champions who are all likely ~760-800 (with 1-2 of them being as high as ~825 to actually complete the later missions to GET Meatball).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Absolutely. Without bothering with the spreadsheet, drop your least favorite/shittiest of whatever spec you have 3 of. Alternatively, check the spreadsheet

Not even. Provided Meatball is at least Orange (either 20 or 25 iLvls below the mission's level, I forget which), he'll still provide his full 75% benefit (90% with Minions). The only reason to finish him off to 900 is that he'll give a base success score for being at or above the mission's target iLvl.

For the record though, I highly suggest you get Meatball ASAP on any new alt so he levels alongside your fresh champions who are all likely ~760-800 (with 1-2 of them being as high as ~825 to actually complete the later missions to GET Meatball).
    Ty for the info!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You're right, but with how fast combat allies gain XP but I get triggered when I have a follower that's not 900...I cannot help It

Alright so this is a request to everyone reading this: If you happen to know of what triggers your extra Elite Strike missions, please let me know. Usually it's been ~20-90m of waiting after completing the first one, but today it was well over HOURS of waiting (like somewhere in the ~5h range), so if you happen to know, please do speak up, even if it's speculation and not fact. Thank you!
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Pure speculation then: Complete X Broken Shore wq's?

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Pure speculation then: Complete X Broken Shore wq's?
    I spam them, except the Pet Battle WQ (because I do them purely for the supplies). AFAIK, it has nothing to do with WQs esp when it wasn't up after I finished them and eventually popped up on my app.

What's weird is I HAVE noticed some interesting things about the app, such as if you are completing one of the Brawler's Guild missions, it will immediately pop up the same one you just completed (which is NOT something you want, since that greatly delays how long it takes to get Meatball). Maybe it has something to do with the app (at least in getting it sooner)? I only got 2 missions this week as opposed to my usual 3 :\

Yeah the app sabotages everything -.-

I've just made a new update to the spreadsheet! I've added a Classes Overview tab that takes a broad look at each class as a whole, most notably their Advancement options (and other things) and just lists out what they have/don't have. A few people were asking for this ( @Nodoze, I know you were one of them), and some others via Discord and other methods, so yeah, you got what you wanted

Do note that I cannot simply pick classes for you as every class has strengths and weaknesses. Druid for example has the most "Bad champions" out of any class (at a whopping 2) and very few good features (on the chart), but it's still a great class. Meanwhile I also rate Monk very high in the class page, but it too has very few features on this chart. I said Rogue was quite broken (in terms of its first analysis), but looking back and looking at this chart, it makes me question if that's a fair assessment. I'm considering just removing the "Class Notes" on each class tab since they do make up in other ways.

Unless a class has very few features and a ton of bad or mediocre champions, then I'd say you shouldn't pick it. The only class I can say with certainty is horrible compared to the others is Hunters (and maaaaaaaaaybe Priests, though I let them slide because of Healing Items). Besides them, any class is still quite good, some a bit better than others, but it really depends on what you want. Do you plan to WQ on a character all the time? Then the T5 option of a free WQ isn't that great and you can disregard it. Do you care about doing literally every mission on your list before they expire? Then Reduction will be rated quite highly for you.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that, do enjoy the new tab and remember, I'm just a random shitter on the Internet so don't hold anything against me, I'm not a professional, and I only have experience in 4 classes at 110 (Shaman will be the 5th, currently at 104!), so for one last time, a lot of these classes are just looking at data and giving suggestions.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-06-04 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    Might be a stupid question, but for the recommeded gearing you write: Ember > Token > Fetish ("T2 Troops").
    Does that mean i should pump the champion full of Ember's or that he should get one of each, with Ember as highest priority?

I feel priest has a different route that what's written. The priest T2 minion buff is very strong as long as you can have a shadow spec champion on each mission. What I think is a good course then is to keep all 3 shadows active. This does mean you're uneven on the boss counters, but does let you benefit a really strong bonus which you totally write off. And with meatball as a wildcard, missing a boss counter is usually not a big deal. I went with Sol, Mariella and Ishanah to have a 2-2-2 cover.

Quote Originally Posted by NitZo View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but for the recommeded gearing you write: Ember > Token > Fetish ("T2 Troops").
    Does that mean i should pump the champion full of Ember's or that he should get one of each, with Ember as highest priority?
    You can't use 2 of the same item. If you have 20% bonus to troop item (fairly rare) you can use it together with the 15% one in 2 different slots but you can't use doubles. I guess 20% with troops + 15% with troops + 15% with all missions (or a legendary) are good setups, but you won't always have so many epics to deck all followers in these, so often you will have to resort to blues.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    I feel priest has a different route that what's written. The priest T2 minion buff is very strong as long as you can have a shadow spec champion on each mission. What I think is a good course then is to keep all 3 shadows active. This does mean you're uneven on the boss counters, but does let you benefit a really strong bonus which you totally write off. And with meatball as a wildcard, missing a boss counter is usually not a big deal. I went with Sol, Mariella and Ishanah to have a 2-2-2 cover.
    I agree with you, especially since none of the shadow champs have really bad passive (while most holy are underwhelming, I guess Ishannah is the most useful from them if you go for 7.2 troops cheese, sadly I found out I hate all the other CA on priest so I'm gonna slot Ishannah as bodyguard for a personal heal).

I have few classes where spec distribution isn't perfect and it doesn't affect me as much however if you care about command center missions I think most important thing is to have at least 2 preferably more minion counters through either champions or extra troops.

You can always get some champions that is a "command center mission champion" (preferably one with minion counter but not much useful overall otherwise like Brightwing on Druid or Marin on Rogue) and load that champion with "success on 8h+ missions" and maybe "-duration" like saddle, and activate this champ only when command center is up.

Also btw @Polarthief you didn't add to your spreadsheet that priests have a "meatball token" type of item, unless you only count the ones from champions? Priests need to choose "tithe" advancement which is exclusive with the free coin (w/e on a character you don't raid on) and that spawns an npc that queues work orders (for 200 OR per work) for "blessing of the order" which works the same way as meatball's balls, golden bananas, paladin's librams and so on. It costs but you can produce them instead of waiting for rng proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You can't use 2 of the same item. If you have 20% bonus to troop item (fairly rare) you can use it together with the 15% one in 2 different slots but you can't use doubles. I guess 20% with troops + 15% with troops + 15% with all missions (or a legendary) are good setups, but you won't always have so many epics to deck all followers in these, so often you will have to resort to blues.
    Didnt know you couldnt use double - i have enough Epics to deck out a whole team (only 1 legendary though :/), thats why i asked, so i wouldnt make mistakes ^^
    But thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by NitZo View Post
    Sorry, those should just be commas. It means to use those 3 items (which is the T2 Troops build).

That said, I've actually been running with Epic T2 (Ember for Druids), Epic Success (Fetish), and Epic Reduction (Saddle) for all my toons simply because I really love having Reduction on everyone, though this can cause some headaches with 200%ing that's usually filled in with Meatball's balls.

That is a possibility, but honestly, not having empT2 isn't that bad. I do it on my Paladin and she can 200% pretty much anything (now that everyone's geared). You're more than welcome to run with 3 Shadow and empT2, but I'd rather all my stuff be balanced to not have to compensate for that, but that's just me.

The saving grace of empT2 Priest is that the T2 Bonus Champion is also Shadow, so that's quite a nice combo. I'll probably add that as another build though.

Also btw @Polarthief you didn't add to your spreadsheet that priests have a "meatball token" type of item, unless you only count the ones from champions? Priests need to choose "tithe" advancement which is exclusive with the free coin (w/e on a character you don't raid on) and that spawns an npc that queues work orders (for 200 OR per work) for "blessing of the order" which works the same way as meatball's balls, golden bananas, paladin's librams and so on. It costs but you can produce them instead of waiting for rng proc.
    So as everyone knows, for classes I don't have 110 yet (such as Priest), I used Wowhead (which was EXTREMELY inaccurate regarding counters, and I believe most of those inaccuracies have been fixed), and Icy Veins, which for the T5 choices for Priest is showing the free seal, and this.

Is this not accurate?

So as everyone knows, for classes I don't have 110 yet (such as Priest), I used Wowhead (which was EXTREMELY inaccurate regarding counters, and I believe most of those inaccuracies have been fixed), and Icy Veins, which for the T5 choices for Priest is showing the free seal, and this.

Is this not accurate?
    Ok, so the item I'm talking about is this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140156/b...order#comments

From what people say in comments: "As far as I can tell, the ability to create work orders for Blessing of the Order is tied to the Tithe order advancement." I levelled my priest recently and I can confirm this is true, on top of the usual perk "100 OR per WQ with combat ally" (which exists for other classes like Rogue or Hunter) Priests have this special interaction unique to them. An extra NPC appears in the class hall: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=111773/sister-oriel and she allows you to queue work orders for the buff item, but from what people say if you remove the perk and switch to free coin, she disappears.

It seems this is also mentioned in the wowhead guide for the order hall perks: http://www.wowhead.com/order-hall-ad...cements-tier-5
    Priest - Tithe - If you have assigned a Combat Ally, completing World Quests yield 100 per quest. Unlocks also Sister Oriel who allows players to place work orders for Blessing of the Order which increase mission success chance for 20%. One work order costs 200 and takes 3 hours to complete.

I'd swear the work order took me longer than 3h but could be my memory playing tricks, anyway I can 100% confirm she spawns and it's a special extra for the priest class hall. (Some classes happen to have random stuff like the shaman random quest to defeat a Grimtotem for a free armament, to this day I can't figure out what triggers it and what is the cd on this quest.)

I don't know if it's worth using the perk just for the extra +20% item, but tbh the extra coin is not really that crucial so I decided to go this way, if it was special troop or free WQ per day, I'd have a way bigger dilemma.

Funnily I wouldn't know about it in the first place, if not because of complaints on Blizzard forums you can't use this item from the remote app and I started digging around what the heck it is. Seems most consumables suffer from this fate though, can you even use Sylendra's mushrooms or Meatball's balls from the app? I don't even own a smartphone so I wouldn't know, I send missions from in-game.

<snip>
    Yeah see I never knew about this and I'll adjust the Priest page accordingly. That's a very odd thing that suddenly ONE class gets a second bonus to something that 4 classes have (kinda like Ancients of War being the only T5 troop to have 4Vit vs the others who have 1).

Edit: Added an empT2 build for Priest! I also added that you can opt out of Ishanah for Sol to abandon T7 troops for an even 2-2-2 counter spread.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-06-05 at 09:50 PM.

Yeah see I never knew about this and I'll adjust the Priest page accordingly. That's a very odd thing that suddenly ONE class gets a second bonus to something that 4 classes have (kinda like Ancients of War being the only T5 troop to have 4Vit vs the others who have 1).
    Yep, same as shamans getting the extra Grimtotem duel quest for an extra armament while monks and druids do not get any supplement at all. I guess Blizzard's idea was to add "flavour" wherever they wanted even though it often means there's no parity between the classes, for example how come warlocks / mages have easy access to double duration reduction (important for command center missions) while priest / rogue has none? Or why some classes get followers with no counter at all (DH's Matron, DK's Whitemane).

Not even mentioning the extra "hidden" bodyguard perks you have to dig around to find out, for example Rehgar on Shaman giving 100% speed in ghost wolf (not important anymore with flying), but many guides mentioned that Hunters have a special hidden perk as well, Addie giving +5% rep gains while assigned as a bodyguard, and I just acquired her on my hunter and this doesn't work at all. I mean I have rep gains printed in chat and it doesn't seem to give me anything extra. I searched around and it seems it was something from Legion beta that never went live? Guess I can use her as a mission duration reduction champion after all...

Keep in mind you can't use both the strange balls and the class-specific items on the same champion for the same mission. So if you're not lacking for them, having a 2nd source isn't too useful.

Keep in mind you can't use both the strange balls and the class-specific items on the same champion for the same mission. So if you're not lacking for them, having a 2nd source isn't too useful.
    While true, having a second stack is a lot nicer than you think. My Paladin also tends to 200% missions easier than my other classes as a result since the Pally can always rely on using them while other classes I feel the need to really conserve.

Having 2 sources of 20%'s means you can wear more reduction equipment on your champions and still guarantee 200%'ing basically any mission as often as you want