Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Wait... so english cops shoot bad people doing bad things and get praised? that's weird. in america, you'd already have a whole protest demanding them to resign, threatening their families/pets.
    To be fair our police shoot and kill on average two people per year, the number of times they get it wrong is so low that we can remember the name of the one they got wrong.

My Paramedic girlfriend came home in tears this morning after her night shift, The world just keeps dragging itself further and further up shit creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So i'm a bit late bit i've got my check list, what step are we on right now?

1. Pretend it wasn't Islam
    2. When we 'discover' that its Islam, shift the focus to the victims
    3. Create a hashtag
    4. Change facebook / twitter profile picture to overlay a flag
    5. Light up a building
    6. Start lubing our asses up for the next attack

Can someone tell me which step we're on right now? Thanks, I don't wanna be left out
    Don't forget the part where you somehow blame it on Trump. Reza Aslan got some major virtue points last night by Tweeting that Trump is a 'piece of shit' literally *while* the terrorist attack was happening. Perhaps people will go the Kathy Griffin route and show solidarity with ISIS so that they can prove how not Islamophobic they are.

Also, you get 1 point for calling somebody 'racist' or 'Islamophobic', you get 2 points for using some version of 'not all' and you get a whopping 5 points for blaming terrorism on the West so long as you imply that 'we are the real terrorists'.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    My Paramedic girlfriend came home in tears this morning after her night shift, The world just keeps dragging itself further and further up shit creek.
    Was thinking this exact same thing... We're literally in an apocalypse state at the moment by shit like this happening near every week

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So i'm a bit late bit i've got my check list, what step are we on right now?

1. Pretend it wasn't Islam
    2. When we 'discover' that its Islam, shift the focus to the victims
    3. Create a hashtag
    4. Change facebook / twitter profile picture to overlay a flag
    5. Light up a building
    6. Start lubing our asses up for the next attack

Can someone tell me which step we're on right now? Thanks, I don't wanna be left out

Boots has already sold-out of KY so that should give us some sort of hint.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    You joking ? France Sweden Germany UK are the prime targets of immigration in Europe since decades. Where's the terrorism in Hungary/Poland/Slovakia ? Aka the countries who actually dont take anyone.
    Well, Germany and the other states mentioned are also not plagued by homegrown islamists. Poland for example is ~ 90 % catholic, now add all the orthodox and other christian minorities and then you find ony ~ 30.000 muslims. Poland would not tolerate such shit for a second.

UK is head of Commonwealth nations and would have to sever a lot of ties with its former colonies to avoid such communities as the manchester attacker came from.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-06-04 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Think we are currently on 4 progressing to stage 5 rather soon.
    You know, for #5 I think that it would make a much stronger statement of solidarity if people go ahead and blow up buildings instead of just lighting them up. I mean, I know it might be cultural appropriation, but the new and innovative use of western designed vehicles by Islamic terrorists shows that multiculturalism really is a two way street.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Yeah, logging in on MMOC and posting in a thread is so much more of a true fight against terrorism! You show them evil doers!
    Manchester terror thread on this forum got 123000 views. Thats pretty good reach for comments that 30 seconds to create dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    You simply have no clue of what is happening now.

The european intelligence services are FAR from being idiots, they're just getting overwhelmed with the amounts of people they have to monitor.
    Plus the typical successful terrorist attack is carried out by muslims who radicalized very quickly, lot of time ex-drug dealers who drink and smoke (Thus fooling the surveillance) and who seek redemption through djihad
    Since the radicalization is so short, the only time left to stop the attack is during the preparation, aka asking ISIS for fund, getting firearms, gettings bombs and planting them.
    But they also learned from that : They just dont have any "preparation" time now, they just get a car/truck/van, do a brutal turn on the walkway and just frag as much as possible.

Nothing short of a full blown police state will allow surveillance to stop the problem, if you expect intelligence services to magically make the problem go away, you are gravely mistaken.
    If it's a mad man just getting a car running over people, it's not a terrorist attack it's a maniac on a killing spree.
    It's a terrorist attack if there is an alternative motive, it requires the attack to be carried by a member of a known terrorist organization, and I'm sorry but monitoring all, and absolutely all activities related to a terrorist organization is as a matter of fact one of the most important jobs of the security services. If you want to call that a full blown police state, call it that but It's not something new, it has been like this for over 2000 years.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-06-04 at 10:14 AM. Reason: So tired so many typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    SO you agree with what i said? great.

'Due reason' See i don't care - I'm in favour of whatever policy solves this up too but not including another Kristalnacht.
    If that means making specific laws targeting mosques or Muslim schools, that's fine with me - I have never heard of any problems with Jewish religious schools, so we don't need to ban them, once they produce their first suicide bomber we can revisit.

- - - Updated - - -

Not, ignored, mistaken for something else.

Link me a single coverup.

because they belong to the same ideological group.

I havee been asked to denounce breivik.

for what ideology did he lockk up and rape his daughter just out of curiosity?

Ideology - not culture.

I agree its dumb, but that doesn't matter to this point.

can you please separate immutable characteristics with voluntary associations, they are categorically distinct.
    Culture? Ok, religion. Fritzl and Fuchs both were christians. I don't think they need to be denounced. Same goes for Breivik. Sorry to say that but everyone who thinks otherwise is stupid in my book, as you're responsible for your own actions or in-actions, but not just you belong to the same religion.

@Nazis:

http://www.br.de/fernsehen/das-erste...schutz102.html (2 weeks ago)

http://www.zeit.de/2012/43/V-Leute-Rechtsextremismus A bit broader from the last time it was a big topic (2012). There are literally dozen if not hunderd of different cases over the last 20 years

@ Singling out a religion:

Yeah, i can see the appeal of this solution, but i cannot get behind that. Not only would we loose the moral high ground and any argument we had in the first place. Also history shows that it never works out that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Well this isn't true. They come from different countries. Whiteness isn't a monoculture. Nor is it a belief system. Just because someone shared the same physical characteristics as a monster doesn't mean they share responsibility for that persons actions. Though this is a point that now seems lost in some quarters of the left (and indeed right, though it was always the case with the far right). Your point would be better served if someone had a choice in their skin colour, and that skin colour was a system of beliefs. And if people were taking specific parts of this belief system to justify and act out mass murder and rape, then I think yes, if people in that system fail to denounce and ask questions, and to criticise these aspects of their belief system which give license to murderers to murder, then they are part of the problem (note- not responsible, the only ones responsible are the ones who commit the acts), as there is evidently a cancerous aspect in their belief system that is killing people and they are not doing anything to remove it.

You are responsible for the company you keep, and if you express sympathy for mass murderers and gangsters who once had a legitimate cause, and refuse to acknowledge that an organisation was responsible for it, in this case, the IRA, then you are an apologist for that group, and as someone who wants to lead a country that has been victim to attacks by this organisation, then asking Corbyn to condemn the actions of this group isn't unreasonable. We know who committed the IRA bombings. Refusing to criticise the group who carried them out is an affront to the victims, and if you want to lead and represent those victims and their families, then you have a problem.

You have no say in your blood type. You do have a say in your religion. Also, your blood type is a physical characteristic, not a belief system, apples and oranges. Your point would stand better if you had a say in your blood type, and you could change your blood type at any time. And then, people with a specific blood type, reliably produced a small amount of people who went out and committed acts of mass murder, well, we would start asking questions about this blood type. We would want to know what it is about this blood type that reliably produces mass murderers on a much larger scale than other blood types. Why is it that suicide bombing is almost exclusive (if not exclusive) to people with this blood type? We know that by looking at the numbers, the vast proportion of people with this blood type don't do this, however we also know that in places where this blood type is in the majority, there is much higher sympathy for acts of mass murder, and it is less likely to be condemned than in other places. Why is it that people with blood type A don't go and do this kind of thing, with the kind of consistency that people with 0 do? We would recognise that there is clearly something in particular with blood type 0, and due to the suffering caused, we need to look into it.

The problem is, some people would denounce all people with this blood type, and say we need to send them back (where to, this is never made clear), and advocate for removing rights for people with this blood type, before they have even done anything wrong. And in response to this, others would demand that no questions be asked at all, and label anyone who asks the questions a dangerous bigot who is doing more harm than the mass murderers, and that besides, if you ask the questions about this blood type, the people with it might go and commit an act of mass murder, so any insinuation that there is a link with this blood type and violence needs to be nipped in the bud, in order to prevent violence being committed by people of this blood type. And the situation becomes a mess.

You can still ask questions without labeling everyone. You can still criticise ideas and ideology without making broad sweeping statements about those who subscribe to them. Ideas should not be given special protection, they need to be subject to scrutiny. We got rid of blasphemy laws in this country, and for a very good reason, and now it seems that de facto (more socially enforced than anything else) blasphemy laws (rules might be a better word) for one particular religion is becoming a reality.

Centuries ago, Christians reliably committed acts of murder in Europe, in the name of the faith. They took and twisted aspects of their holy books to justify this (parts that contradict other parts, which they conveniently ignore, a strange thing for God to be so inconsistent, but this must just be a limitation of my feeble mortal mind), using the verses that give them justification for the worst acts, the violence was already in them, this was just the green light. This no longer happens. Why? Questions were asked. Questions that were once punishable by death. And over time, more and more people asked them, and more importantly, more and more people answered. And more people listened. And we still have Christianity. However it cannot do the kind of harm that it used to. As some of the really bad ideas that it contained were defeated. This has to be the same with Islam.

Granted, the Enlightenment didn't happen against a back drop of the far right, willing to tar all Christians with the same brush, and act out against any Christian and advocate for denying them rights. This is a problem that compounds things. And I don't shit on the left for trying to combat these people. I worry that they will throw the baby out with the bath water.

All valid points, i cannot argue against, but you're missing the point. It was not about skin color, but religion and i was answering to the person who feels that every muslim has to condem every act of terror commited by another muslim. The same holds true for any religion in my book (be it christian killers, buddhist nationalist terror brigades etc.)

Also just to tackle the centuries, and to add to the IRA: When i grew up, terrorism was white and catholic. Only mid 90s did that change. So its not that long ago...

Granted my blood type is not something i can choose, but its as stupid as eing responsible for any other crime commited by someone of the same religion. Or take hair-color (something you can change on a whim) or political affliction, or yeah - anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    This was the exact point of my post... they've got to tackle grass roots extremism but you can't because rounding up hate preachers and any one known to have had extremist back ground ties tends to piss off a certain minority and the PC brigade come out in full force so the services can't do jack shit so these preachers are just left to brain wash young unstable people.
    That's why I think it's important to avoid mixing up ideologies with people who represent them. Going after criminals has nothing to do with PC. The same way using the words Nigger or White trash has nothing to do with racism.
    It remind me of how my teachers thought Newtonian Mechanics back in school, all of them were wrong, even in university they always missed atleast one important aspect of it. But does that make Newtonian Mechanics wrong? No, it just makes those people wrong.

Deleted
    There comes a point where "Keep calm and carry on" feels a lot like apathy.

Something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's funny because the UK is the one who was mad about having to take in refugees(which subsequently denied their entry and in part led to Brexit).

The ones not taking in refugees are the ones getting hit by terrorist attacks, but the ones that are aren't actually seeing any increase in terrorism. Still, Trumpets can't shut up about it even though logic and reality goes against their claims.
    This wrong on so many levels lol
    1) as already pointed out (sorry), Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and the Baltikum are not exactly experiencing a whole lot in this regard.
    2) The UK has not refused to take refugees or been mad about it, they just refused to accept spontaenous migrants showing up at their border, such as those people in the Calais 'Jungle' in France. The Government of the UK strives to accept only UN quota refugees which I honestly do not see any problems with - do you?
    3) If you are referring to Germany and Sweden, it's safe to say Germany has their problems about it. Sweden has been mostly in the clear but you forget one thing and that's the long-term effects of this. Germany and Sweden only began their descend into madness quite recently, and started transforming their societies on a quite massive scale through not only allowing, but encouraging this immigration, and the question is: what are the long-term implications of this? Perhaps nothing special, perhaps islamic terror cells left and right such as in Belgium, France and the UK. Who knows.

Deleted
    it's scary out there >(

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    no they blew up daycare's, killed kids, innocent people.....hell they blew up a whole freaking block during peace talks....

Guess you don't know what the IRA was doing
    besides the consistent bombing that killed thousands.....of innocents...

two men stumbled upon an IRA funeral........the two men were stripped, beaten and tortured, thrown over a high wall and finally stabbed and shot dead

The Kingsmill massacre: twelve workmen travelling on a mini-bus were pulled over by a gang of republican gunmen near the village of Kingsmill in January 1976. They were ordered to line up beside the bus and told to reveal their religion. The eleven Protestant workmen were shot dead, their Catholic workmate left unscathed.

Mrs McConville was one of these victims — dragged screaming from her home, never to be seen again, her ten children left to somehow fend for themselves. She was beaten and shot in the head before her body was thrown into an unmarked grave.

they kidnapped many people and abused them and then killed them. they kneecapped many people to make them crippled to set an example you don't mess with the IRA....
    I think you missed the point there, this is brainwashed religious fanatics that you gotta kill to the last man as you can see in iraq and syria, look at mosul and raqqa where they fight to the last dead loser, there is no reason or talking with them unlike lets say ira so big difference there.

There is also hell of alot more islamic groups like isis take al shabaab, boko haram, al qaida to name the big ones then there is a hundred smaller groups and there is no reasoning with them you gotta kill them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomizz View Post
    it's scary out there >(

Don't be scared.

What happened is horrible, and it shouldn't be taken lightly, but at the same time, the same amount of people gets killed in london traffic each day of the year. Don'T get me wrong: it is not my intention to whataboutism here, but to be afraid of terror is illogical, because there are many more dangerous things out there, and we don't let them rule over our lifes and the same should go for terrorism.

How many more people need to die for the farce of political correctness? Enough is enough. If you want to live in a country that is non-Islam majority, denounce your fucking faith and integrate.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guy Running From Terror With Beer In Hand Becomes Symbol Of London’s Spirit

http://www.unilad.co.uk/news/guy-run...ondons-spirit/

Quote Originally Posted by vicky82 View Post
    Guy Running From Terror With Beer In Hand Becomes Symbol Of London’s Spirit

http://www.unilad.co.uk/news/guy-run...ondons-spirit/
    Tbh if someone was chasing me down with a knife, I might keep the beer glass as a throwing-object. Better than no weapon tbh.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There comes a point where "Keep calm and carry on" feels a lot like apathy.

Something needs to be done.
    they cannot. Pandora's box is wide open and UK will have to live with it for years to come.