Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I'll make this easy for you. Is ToS in the 7.2 game files right now? The answer is yes. It's 7.2 content. The fact it's inaccessible is irrelevant. It's 7.2 content. Same as Nighthold being 7.0 content despite being released in 7.1.5
    Semantic argument here. Neither one of us is right, but I definitely think you are more wrong. Calling Nighthold 7.0 content is a joke. What is Trial of Valor then? Do you place it after both EN and NH? Do you realize why that's stupid?

Imagine you are trying to convey information about the game to someone who has never played it about raid progression this expansion. It would be disingenuous to refer to Nighthold as 7.0 content.

Not accessible = not in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    This is poor thinking, as it skews any insight into development cycles. The raid was built and included in 7.2; the fact that we won't access it until after 7.2.5 may end up being coincidental - we don't have enough data points to say for sure.

All that said, it's actually not a bad idea on their part ... but still, development cycle is what matters, not release cycle.
    Aren't they still "developing" the fights in ToS? I see them raid testing very frequently now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well raids are minor content... makes sense they'd put them in a side patch.
    I admit, i laughed at this one @Aeula. The one liners you come up with! Classic!

ppl missunderstand. truth:

- patch 7.2 released with campaign leading to opening of ToS
    - patch 7.2 june 20 ToS opens, campaign ends
    - patch 7.2.5 release >= july

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ppl missunderstand. truth:

- patch 7.2 released with campaign leading to opening of ToS
    - patch 7.2 june 20 ToS opens, campaign ends
    - patch 7.2.5 release >= july
    How many X.X.5 patches we will have before you people will stop posting stupid things like that? You realize that 7.2.5 balance game for ToS gear, have class changes build around new legenderies, up legendaries to 970, etc? Also ToS doesn't even have in game map right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It seems this expansion Blizzard has effectively switched the patch order when the Major Raid Tiers are released.

Has Blizzard switched when the major content of the expansion is released to the X.X.5 patches?

So big game changing / class balancing changes, large quest chains (mount quest chain is a perfect example), new dungeons, new areas, come in the major patches, and the raids come in the "minor" patches?
    Might be like with Nighthold, yeah. It seems only raids now release after these so called mini patches which may as well just be some random X.X.X.X.X.X. patch, cause who cares, they only made these small patches to give the Illusion of continual content Inbetwenn "Major" patches. And even then, what did Major patches give us In legion so far?

7.1 gives us Karazhan, It was okay Ish, a day worth of content perhaps If you wanna run It all and explore everywhere, a tiny mini raid which was patheticly bad, copied abilities, re-used maps and areas and just lazily done. I liked the dog fight more than anything and we had no story on the Sylvannas Lantern deal thing, I wanted something on that. And then 7.1 gives us the last chapters of the Suramar storyline, which should've already been In the game since lanch and was clearly cut up before the expansion launched to again, give the Illusion of continual content. I wanted the rest of the chapters to be given to us In the reputation, like the first "batch" so to speak, but they split It up behind time gating like they did 7.2 and that segways well Into...

7.2 gives us bugger all, Broken Shore, another Quel'danas style thing, combined with Timeless Isle style thing, again. Oh boy we sure wanted that again didn't we Instead of... something original and not a reused idea from 10 years ago. It gave us a little tiny playground, worth maybe 3 hours of content, a few more If you happened to level alts before the horendeously unaltfriendly game Legion was before 7.2 and still kinda Is. And then weekly quests that are just unspeakably bad, collect 20 chests, so 430 world quests, do xxx of this, xxx of this... glorified weekly quests, not -Campaign stories- as they claimed.

A campaign story Is what 5.1 Landfall, 5.3 Isle of Thunder and even 6.0 Warlords of Dreanor garrison campaigns gave us, but this Isn't a campaign. And their claim that this Is the largest content patch In WoW Is a blaitant lie, sure there Is content you can argue... but unless you like to just grind 1000 of the same thing, I don't consider that content myself.

So yeah, the patches so far give us bugger all, If not just the same thing of "Hey grind more AP cause you like doing that, right? What was that, gear? Oh no you basically get It for free while doing world quests that are so easy you just press W and go in one direction and things literaly die around you" I'm not kidding, that's an actual world quests on the broken shores... bloody hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There is no raid in 7.2.5. And it's a reasonable decision to stagger the content and not release monolithic patches.
    How do you know that, do you know the release date? Cause It may well be a week before Tomb of Sargeras, just like 7.1.5 was a week before Nighthold effectively making Nighthold not a launch raid, but 7.1.5's raid.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

15+ Year Old Account
    If there's a raid in 7.3, that breaks the trend that you're proposing we draw with only 2 data points.

EDIT: Also, the stuff that wasn't ready in 7.2 that you mentioned is maybe 10% of the raid development cycle.

Here's an easy way to think of it: if you had a private server that was on version 7.2, would you be able to raid Tomb of Sargeras? The answer is Yes.
    7.3 will be the questing continent of Argus and whatever extra content they include. 7.3.5 will be the raid opening up.

They are testing the TOS raid right this moment on the PTR so it is not ready to be released. The 7.2 patch included the artwork for TOS but it definitely wasn't ready for release.

Private servers? I hate to break it to you but private servers aren't Blizzard servers. They take the information from WoWhead but none of the boss scripting exists. So if you want use that as an argument then the answer is no. There's not a single private server that has a Blizzard raid available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I'll make this easy for you. Is ToS in the 7.2 game files right now? The answer is yes. It's 7.2 content. The fact it's inaccessible is irrelevant. It's 7.2 content. Same as Nighthold being 7.0 content despite being released in 7.1.5
    They include it with the background downloader because the artwork rarely if ever changes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Start-up dates for raids are no longer really connected to a patch or patch number. It's not a big deal.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Looks like we get a patch every quarter which i dont mind

7.1 came out in jan 7.2 came out in Apr and 7.2.5 June so i expect 7.3 to come at the end of sept
    7.1 was in Ocrober
    7.1.5 came in January

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    How many X.X.5 patches we will have before you people will stop posting stupid things like that? You realize that 7.2.5 balance game for ToS gear, have class changes build around new legenderies, up legendaries to 970, etc? Also ToS doesn't even have in game map right now.
    lol. you realized that they blue posted the opening of ToS on June 20 ? There WILL be ToS open before 7.2.5. Its a fact, not an oppinion.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20783382#1

Besides that, ToS was always a part of 7.2 and just backholded, like EN and NH was made together, but NH holded back. This was also blue posted. Seems like you are one of that ppl that dont got that.

So i ask you in return: How many years we will have until ppl like you learn to read before posting BS ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-06-04 at 12:08 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    lol. you realized that they blue posted the opening of ToS on June 20 ? There WILL be ToS open before 7.2.5. Its a fact, not an oppinion.

So i ask you in return: How many years will left until ppl learn to read ?
    I don't know if you are trolling at this point. I will just quote you again after they announce 7.2.5 for 13. June.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-06-04 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't know if you are trolling at this point. I will just quote you again after they announce 7.2.5 for 13. June.
    they always marked the version number state of patches to "release" on ptr, 2 weeks before release. its 2 weeks until june 13 andi see nothing of this.

you think blizz will have a problem with a 3 months running raid opening 1-3 weeks before they have a balance patch out ? they dont. check the past.

and i not will quote you on anything then, bc i dont care about a stupid idiot like you, thinking he knows whats going on just because "logic".

and this was my last reply. time wasting. bb

Besides that, ToS was always a part of 7.2 and just backholded, like EN and NH was made together, but NH holded back. This was also blue posted. Seems like you are one of that ppl that dont got that.

So i ask you in return: How many years we will have until ppl like you learn to read before posting BS ?
    Have you not been paying attention?

-7.1.5 came out a week before Nighthold, which is similar in nature to this one.
    -7.2.5's balancing INCLUDES balancing of the tier sets that we'll find in ToS
    -Season ending notice was released last Monday, typically ending 2 weeks later on patch days.
    -We have a Q&A this week involving content from 7.2.5

If you're still not convinced after all that, then I don't know what to say. Nothing's gonna get to people like you.

they always marked the version number state of patches to "release" on ptr, 2 weeks before release. its 2 weeks until june 13 andi see nothing of this.

you think blizz will have a problem with a 3 months running raid opening 1-3 weeks before they have a balance patch out ? they dont. check the past.

and i not will quote you on anything then, bc i dont care about a stupid idiot like you, thinking he knows whats going on just because "logic".

and this was my last reply. time wasting. bb
    You're almost certainly going to make yourself look like a fool here. While it's not confirmed pretty much everything is hinting at patch on the 13th/14th. Remember the previous patches were also only announced less than a week before they came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Most, if not all, of ToS is already in the live game files from 7.2. Its just not opening until after 7.2.5.
    Which is bad. Very Bad.
    "7.2 will have a new raid" BUT SIKE YOU GET IT AT 7.2.5 SO YOU BUY SUB FOR 7.2 AND 7.2.5
    That's basically Blizzard right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There is no raid in 7.2.5. And it's a reasonable decision to stagger the content and not release monolithic patches.
    7.2.5 is the patch that ToS will launch in, making it the "Tomb of Sargeras patch." The initial patch will be balance changes followed the week after by the opening of the tomb.

I don't know why you think the 2 aren't related, the current PTR patch is balance changes and ToS balancing set to release in patch 7.2.5. Is that not evidence enough?

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    ToS came out with 7.2. It gets unlocked in 7.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7.2 included the raid, whether you can access it or not does not the change the fact that all the files came with 7.2

The raid was built and included in 7.2; the fact that we won't access it until after 7.2.5 may end up being coincidental...
    If we could not access the raid between the release date of patch 7.2 and now, then the raid most definitely was not included in the patch. Plain and simple.

You can argue that some data for the raid was included in patch 7.2, but it literally doesn't matter if none of it is used. Not a single person has set foot in the Tomb of Sargeras since patch 7.2 went live, therefore it's not included content.

Tomb of Sargeras was not completed in patch 7.2. The raid has been in testing on the PTR the last couple weeks. In other words, it wasn't done. The raid is set to release on June 20th when the patch released on March 28th.

Sorry, I'm not attacking you. I just strongly disagree with the fact that the patch was advertised and labeled as "Tomb of Sargeras" when the Tomb of Sargeras raid has yet to be finished and available close to 3 months after 7.2 released.
    Last edited by Jahaga; 2017-06-04 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    If we could not access the raid between the release date of patch 7.2 and now, then the raid most definitely was not included in the patch. Plain and simple.
    sorry that's not how it works lmao. I think you're getting your "plain and simple" argument twisted up. The raid came out in 7.2, plain and simple. You just can't go in it until 7.2.5.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-06-04 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

And what does it really matter what number it actually comes with.
    It does not in my opinion.

Plans change.
    If someone does find that to be a problem, it speaks volumes more about them than the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post

You can argue that some data for the raid was included in patch 7.2, but it literally doesn't matter if none of it is used. Not a single person has set foot in the Tomb of Sargeras since patch 7.2 went live, therefore it's not included content.

Tomb of Sargeras was not completed in patch 7.2. The raid has been in testing on the PTR the last couple weeks. In other words, it wasn't done. The raid is set to release on June 20th when the patch released on March 28th.

Sorry, I'm not attacking you. I just strongly disagree with the fact that the patch was advertised and labeled as "Tomb of Sargeras" when the Tomb of Sargeras raid has yet to be finished and available close to 3 months after 7.2 released.
    If you are going to dictate the patch number as the one that includes what you consider the "full" raid, then sure that is going to be many patches after 7.2.5, the very last patch of this expansion altering it in any way.
    7.2.5 is not when the raid will be "done", but when it is released.
    Very different things.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-04 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.