Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    People are still salty about pandas? What's the major problem with them anyway? I've never understood it. It's not as if WoW doesn't have other "cutesy" things.
    No kidding. We have playable cow people. Playable werewolves. There was already one NPC race of bear people (furbolgs). A race of bird people (arakkoa). A race of hyena people (gnolls). A race of pig people (quilboar). But oh no, we can't possibly have a race of panda people, that'd just be silly.

Who cares? It's a video game, they can do whatever they want. If this is the worst thing you have to worry about your life must be pretty good.

They can add or change lore all that want because it's a game. A visit game. It doesn't matter.

spacegoats, talking cows, ect are ok but talking pandas man thats going to far!!! wonder what the breaking point is?...oh thats right, asian themes

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    WHy the fuck does it matter? Games evolve, lore expands. People that get butthurt about Anthropomorphic Bears when one of the races is literally Cow people are just idiots.
    It really isn't their anthropomorphic qualities that make them awful, every race in WoW is anthropomorphized. It's really simple to see what's wrong with pandas, and that the same issues aren't there for tauren (cow-men) or draenei (space goats). Even you can muster the faculties to figure out that anthropomorphization isn't what people dislike about pandas.

How are these threads still being made?

Jesus... Leave the basement for an hour or so...

Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I do not see problem with Pandarens, their lore is more coherent than WoD all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Surf's up expansion?
    You missed point about how Pandarens are basically kung-fu pandas /s
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-04 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Also everybody are mad with panda but masturbate themselves to the humanoid bear man form for Druid.

this is really the proof that wow player are stupid
    I masturbate on all druid bear forms...but on pandarens too

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I do not see problem with Pandarens, their lore is more coherent than WoD all together.

so are teletubbies, I still prefer WoD over teletubbies getting an expansion of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    so are teletubbies, I still prefer WoD over teletubbies getting an expansion of their own.
    So you prefer destroying/retconning good lore to replace it with shit. -_-

WoD is a big scar on WoW's lore.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-04 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    I'd say "get over it", but some people are still mad about Belfs, so I guess I just hope, you don't pop a blood vessel at some point, when a panda kills you. :P

As bad as WoD was - WoD did not retcon shit. Well besides the whole "Legion across all realities" thing. Which still boggles my mind.

WoD is a big scar on WoW's lore.
    WoD is a superficial bruise. MoP is an eternal oozing pustule, a never-healing Morgul Blade stab wound, a lesion so vile and gashing with pus it repulses us all with a taint we'll never be free of.

And while we all appreciate and understand Blizzards efforts in trying to stop the gashing blood loss, the damage has been done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    So whenever a constructive discussion about Blizzard's motives for MoP/creation of Pandaren as a playable race or the thought that Pandaren are too "soft" for Warcraft, the first thing I always hear as a response is something along the lines of "Pandaren/MoP isn't random/cartoony/soft, they have been in the game since WC3."

How exactly is this a popular response?

WC3 wasn't centered around pandas. Yes Pandas were in WC3 but so what?

The race was originally announced as an Aprils fools joke for WC3. They also had no real lore behind them, they were just one of the many random things put in the game to give it it's flavor.

WC3 Frozen throne also had Sasquatchs, flying sheep and pengiuns roaming some of the maps so you'd probably be ok with them making a bigfoot sighting expansion, flying sheep expansion or a Surf's up expansion?
    This post is like 5 years too late, also this exact post was created multiple times.

Deleted
    WoD is a superficial bruise. MoP is an eternal oozing pustule, a never-healing Morgul Blade stab wound, a lesion so vile and gashing with pus it repulses us all with a taint we'll never be free of.
    You are just mad that MoP was objectively the best expansion WoW has ever had. Deal with it and suck my pandaren's cock.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    You are just mad that MoP was objectively the best expansion WoW has ever had. Deal with it and suck my pandaren's cock.
    Objectively presided over worst sub retention out of any expansion, maybe you measure success differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    My honest first reaction when I read this was to check the OP date. I can't believe someone is still posting this today. Who cares what reason the added them now? Its been how many years since MoP? And lets be honest. This is a game with cow people, fish people, monkey people, wolf people, half goat from space people, etc. Who really cares about Pandas? I don't care what species they add to the game next.

When Blizzard go with pandas and all that asian-style expansion, they put a stake on the Asian MMO market, as we already know it turned out not so great.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do realise mop came out 5years ago
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Objectively presided over worst sub retention out of any expansion, maybe you measure success differently.
    From a quick Google search, that title would seem to belong to WoD.

Who gives a shit? Don't be a dweeb about it. It's just a nonsensical point of discussion. The point is that MoP was a very special moment in WoW and as such uniquely valuable. Or maybe you're seeing it differently, well then, whatever, different strokes for different folks, that's all there is to it. These forced legitimacy discussions are fruitless and silly.

People still fighting over this?

War is over dude the pandas won and they are now a firmly established part of Warcraft lore and gameplay.