Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I feel like I struck a chord with you buddy, to be honest I consider my mentality the polar opposite of the 10 year old one. However, luckily for the both of us this is all subjective.
    The opposite number to 10 is -10. Oh, well, your words, not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It was an isolated incident because of one corrupt leader though. Much of what gets heaped on humans comes not from culture but from a single person in power misusing that power.
    How can you say it's an isolated incident though, and even it was, blackmoore didn't work alone. Every one of his guards that worked for him just confirmed the newer orcs hatred time and time again
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

And Varian easily killed the squad of Kor'kron protecting him and nearly killed him in Wolfheart - of course neither of us is 100% right, but personally I'd put my money on varian over any current living fighter (I still feel like his death was a bit meh for how powerful he was)
    Given the timeline of these books, it could have indicated Garrosh's growth in skill (or Varian's drop in skill given how Blizzard toned down the Lo'gosh bullshit, though that'd be too meta).

Plus I get that, perhaps wrathgate was a bad example because at that point I don't know if she was allowed to use it - but in cataclysm when she was explicitly banned, she still used plague whole-heartedly, and in my mind, poisoning all the living and the land they reside in to be unihabitable is a step higher than regular magic/ weapons of war - and clearly the Horde leadership aside from Sylvannas held that mentality as well
    The Horde was cheerful at the prospect of a superweapon to use against the Scourge in Dragonblight. And Garrosh banned it so that the Forsaken would suffer bigger losses and drop dead. Also, while it's nice of you to admit some things exist only in your mind, I still feel it should be noted that only the strongest strains of Blight have been mentioned to have any long-lasting effect on the land. Also, how is melting people alive a step up higher than burning them alive via magic? And when did the Horde leadership other than Garrosh alone ever hold that mentality?

We also saw her raise more than just humans into undeath - as seen in the Siege of Orgimmar, Lor'themar had to tell her to not raise blood elves. My issue with Sylvannas is that she is clearly an enemy of the living, she has no love for the Horde, and you can bet the second she's able to assure her dominance of the world, she'll take it. She's evil.
    So we saw her offering to raise more than humans and that's somehow the same as raising more than humans. Besides, what's the problem with offering it? And if Sylvanas is supposedly all about assuring her dominance of the world when she has a chance, how comes she largely withdrew from the Alliance-Horde war after she secured Lordaeron, instead of, I dunno, striking at Wetlands given how it was ripe for the picking, or besieging Aerie Peak to remove the last remaining Alliance bastion from the subcontinent?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah, Illidan is more than ever the poor man's attempt at coming up with an anti-hero. It's like someone read tons of stories dealing with this type of characters and simply copy-pasted the most basic guidelines while putting little to zero creativity in the development process. Warcraft's usual over-the-top style just makes it worse.
    Look at all this mortal ignorance leading to inability to see Kerrildank-heika's glory. Worry not, ignorant mortal, for our Lord and Savior will be your Salvation regardless of your stances on her!
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-04 at 03:47 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Genn, Rehgar Earthfury, Velen, Zul'jin, post-Cata Jaina, Daelin Proudmoore and the Lich King are all characters whose stories I like and feel like are well-written when it comes to the reasoning behind their actions(except for the Lich King's because bringing death for the sake of bringing death is not much of a reason to me, but the character itself is amazing and I couldn't leave him out).

The character I dislike the most is the AU Grom Hellscream who should've been killed off. No character has ever plunged so deep when it comes to my impression. He went from being at the top to being at the bottom and all because of the outcome of the AU storyline which made absolutely no sense.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-06-04 at 03:49 PM.

Even better then, their option was to either kill all the orcs or place them in open camps and keep them fed until they stopped wanting to murder everything (and they still loved to kill each other).

I honestly don't get why Blizzard had to call them internment camps. I suppose that's what they are, but people have a very specific concept in mind when they hear that phrase. Noone was experimenting on them, noone was forcing them into labor till they died.
    No one was experimenting on Japanese Americans during WWII or forcing them into labor till they died. They still were internees and as such the camps in which they were placed were internment camps. That's all there is to internment camps. That people conflate labor camps with internment camps has no bearing on Blizzard and their (admittedly, unexpected) correct usage of the word. And even if one expects more inhumane treatment when they hear "internment camp", the Orcs were forced to fight in gladiatorial combat.

It was an isolated incident because of one corrupt leader though. Much of what gets heaped on humans comes not from culture but from a single person in power misusing that power.
    That one corrupt leader was in charge of the entire system and fish spoil from the head. Besides, it's rather unlikely the Alliance didn't know what was going on there. When Arthas visited Durnholde, he was treated to watching Thrall fight. Not only was it not kept secret by Blackmoore, it was viewed as entertainment to visiting officials, including the monarchs, who had to condone it, because not only was Blackmoore not a retard, but he kept his position after such visits.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-04 at 03:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar is my favourite character lorewise. I don't care that much about others. Maybe Uther, Arthas, and Vol'jin?

About characters I hate...hmm, not that many, to be honest. I'd rather hate what they did with some characters, like with Garrosh, or Thrall (both characters stopped being interesting after they've became Goku and Freeza)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given the timeline of these books, it could have indicated Garrosh's growth in skill (or Varian's drop in skill given how Blizzard toned down the Lo'gosh bullshit, though that'd be too meta).
    I personally favor the second option, as the exchange in Tides of War shows Garrosh mocking Varian's descreased speed rather than Varian acknowledging Garrosh's increased skill.

Look at all this mortal ignorance leading to inability to see Kerrildank-heika's glory. Worry not, ignorant mortal, for our Lord and Savior will be your Salvation regardless of your stances on her!
    I'm actually worried now. May the senpai have mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Chen, I can really relate to his personality.
    Dadgar, I wasn't fond of him initially, but as he began his transformation from Khadgar into Dadgar I grew to appreciate him more and more.
    Tirion, he embodies the very pinnacle of paladinship.
    Garrosh, he was on the path to becoming the Warchief the Horde deserved, then the forums whinged too much and Blizz gave him the ole' character assassination.
    Illidan, because he's pwetty.

Dislike
    Thrall, honourless coward and Mary Sue. He murdered one of the best Horde characters to ever exist.
    Vol'jin, he's also an honourless coward, he never deserved to be warchief, I'd rather have Thrall retake the throne than have him in the spotlight.
    Sylvanas/Maiev/Garona/Valeera, hate her voice, hate her plot armour, hate her fanboys, hate the entire infallible female assassin trope.
    Jaina, while I do hate her new personality, what I really despise is her post patch 3.3 model. She went from looking like a cute little bookworm to a drag queen.
    Yrel, it feels like her role was always meant for Maraad but they decided to strip him of it so they could meet their token strong female character quota.
    Man you read my mind, Hang Thrall!

10+ Year Old Account
    People get reeeeeally mad when you don't like Sylvannas it seems :/
    More of people get mad when you make shit up, and have the audacity to say that they only like sylvanas because she's female, AND while trying to claim some moral high ground.

We get it dude, you like Sylvannas, a lot
    Also shit like this , resorting to it when mehrunes pokes the obvious flaws in your reasoning regarding that topic.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    We get it dude, you like Sylvannas, a lot.
    And you dislike her an either equal or bigger lot. Ball in the center.

Blizz made Sylvannas warchief
    No, Vol'jin made Sylvanas Warchief. He specifically clarifies how his choice will not be understood by most, implying that despite what the "commoners" may think, he had precise reasons to put her where she is now.

And enough with this discrediting of what happens within the actual lore because lolblizzard. Ofcourse Blizzard "made her Warchief", like they made Thrall become Warchief, Anduin the High King and all that jazz. It may have something to do with Warcraft being their game.

it's not as if they're above retcons that make no sense
    Appointing Sylvanas to the position of Warchief despite being the awful bitch you clearly dislike do not really count as retcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Like:
    Anduin Wrynn - Really liking the new direction and the recent cinematic bumped him up quite a lot on the likability scale
    Genn Greymane - One of the few characters that act naturally, albeit flawed in his perceptions
    Jaina - Same as above
    Sylvanas - Heavily flawed character that has to face struggles that are not understood by Allies or Foes.
    Lasan Skyhorn - High Mountain questing was made awesome by this guy. Participates against Legion in a active and believable manner.

Dislike:
    Illidan - I can't wrap my head around his "reasons" and self proclaimed sacrifices he made, when all he had done is kill his followers for more power for himself.
    Malfurion - Told to be wise, but all his in-game interactions have been dumb and rash.
    Khadgar - He was fine in WoD, but seems quite forced in Legion.
    Xera - Made purely to push a unlikable character likable and for ret-com purpose.
    Velen - His recent spur into action is highly hypocritical. His people had lost children and family for his prophecies and abandoned them to fates worse than death. But then he abandoned the Light and all the sacrifice when he loses his son?

^ I think horde desperately needs a quest line like the one they made for Anduin. The quest line and cinematic showed a conflicted Anduin that reflected the concerns of Alliance players of having someone not affected by the harsh realities of War. I think something similar is needed to flesh out Sylvanas motives and show the other Horde leaders who may question Voljin's decision of making her the warchief.
    Last edited by karumayu; 2017-06-04 at 10:09 PM.

Like:
    Mekkatorque
    Mekkatorque
    Mekkatorque
    Mekkatorque
    Mekkatorque

Hate:
    Khadgar - we almost got out of Legion without a poop quest, and he dropped coins in mounds resembling demon poop?
    Khadgar - sending us to do some dumb stuff again?
    Khadgar - dude, stfu
    Khadgar - it was great when Velen also told him to stfu in 7.2 intro
    Khadgar - please tell me we kill him on Argus

We get it dude, you like Sylvannas, a lot.
    When you've got nothing to rebuff, deflect with irrelevant nonsense! That -10 years old statement of yours starts to seem believable.

Blizz made Sylvannas warchief cause she is easily the most popular horde character for some reason - it's not as if they're above retcons that make no sense
    How are retcons relevant here?

People get reeeeeally mad when you don't like Sylvannas it seems :/
    Lo and behold, Zulkhan doesn't like Sylvanas either. Which he said in this very thread. @Zulkhan, I feel for you. Must be really hard being perpetually reeeeeally mad. Or, alternatively, people "get mad" when other people post things that aren't actually lore on lore forum or say things that don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    More of people get mad when you make shit up, and have the audacity to say that they only like sylvanas because she's female, AND while trying to claim some moral high ground.
    Does that mean we have the moral lava ground?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-04 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean we have the moral lava ground?
    if the shit people make up about Sylvanas was lava/magma we'd be pompeii.
    Holy shit lol