Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    So he's the global equivalent of someone shitting on the dinner table at a party.
    No that'd be Merkel and Trudeau.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i watched him say it live. trump's spin on his statement this morning isn't correct, and i don't believe he has the mental capacity to view it in the context of all the other things he's said.

i'm not talking about trump here. i'm talking about khan, he is in the wrong.
    Then you have bizarre mental gymnastics

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    No, this is how life in America works. Every other country seems to manage fine without firearms everywhere.
    only your police would have the guns, so it wouldn't be anywhere near as much shooting as in america.

but when you're directly under assault like this, your weak ideals need to strengthen or your people will suffer for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    That's not normalising it at all. It's a pretty obvious statement. Of course western cities are a target, small villages aren't going to be.
    The kahn statement is annoying due to how often its taken out of context and its meaning twister. Its pretty clear he meant that a city as big and global as London will always be the target or terror attacks, and we cannot let that change our way of life, he was not saying that Londoners should just sit back and accept terror attacks. Im quite indfifferent towards Kahn, but i see nothing wrong with what he said.

Disclaimer, i did poke fun at it yesterday in the thread, but they were not serious comments before someone drags them up

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Trump is right, he has the balls to say what everyone is thinking but none dare to say. Europe should take an example.
    Ye, he should just have told everybody to panic and go nuts.

Deleted
    only your police would have the guns, so it wouldn't be anywhere near as much shooting as in america.

but when you're directly under assault like this, your weak ideals need to strengthen or your people will suffer for it.
    And yet three terrorists were stopped in rapid time with only one injured civilian from police at night time

that to me is normalizing. there's still the issue of the fact that he won't face the truth. it's the impetus of non-violent muslims to create change within their belief system so this type of thing stops breeding.
    There's a difference between normalising terrorist attacks, and recognising they can and will happen. Khans statement is the latter.

I love your second statement - it's so innocent and stupid. You truly believe the entire faith is going to overhaul to adhere to western values? There won't be an enlightened moment for Islam like Christianity and Judaism had.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Oh look, it is trump against political correctness again.

While he and his pawns cant stand political incorrectness targeted against them.

Let's see how much you will cry when something like 9/11 happens again.
    Your weak ideals can't even protect you from the shitstorm called Trump that you elected yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Give them the magic pill that makes all the bad stuff go away.
    no magic needed, all that needs to happen is the ideology of mohammad tawhidi being raised up as the ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then you have bizarre mental gymnastics
    no, it's just that khan is a prominent non-violent muslim. he is in a position to help reform his faith. lying to the world about how the attackers aren't muslim is basically a sugar pill. it's a lie, it's achieving nothing, it's not helping in any way.

you have to remove the language from the quran that incites this behavior. you have to ban the books that tawhidi speaks of.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    The kahn statement is annoying due to how often its taken out of context and its meaning twister. Its pretty clear he meant that a city as big and global as London will always be the target or terror attacks, and we cannot let that change our way of life, he was not saying that Londoners should just sit back and accept terror attacks. Im quite indfifferent towards Kahn, but i see nothing wrong with what he said.

Disclaimer, i did poke fun at it yesterday in the thread, but they were not serious comments before someone drags them up
    I'm the same. I'm a London boy, I'm indifferent to Khan, but what he said wasn't wrong. We won't sit back, we will carry on just as normal.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

What week ideals? The only suggestion you've offered in countering terrorism is arming all of our police force. This is the kind of draconian shit offered with 0 evidence it would reduce attacks the terrorists would love.

Deleted
    no magic needed, all that needs to happen is the ideology of mohammad tawhidi being raised up as the ideal.

no, it's just that khan is a prominent non-violent muslim. he is in a position to help reform his faith. lying to the world about how the attackers aren't muslim is basically a sugar pill. it's a lie, it's achieving nothing, it's not helping in any way.

you have to remove the language from the quran that incites this behavior. you have to ban the books that tawhidi speaks of.
    I don't know how much power you think a mayor has....

It's clear from reading the tweet that Trump took his quote out of context. Ignore him.

Sorry, I didn't vote for him. I know he's disgusting.

He's not in a position to reform shit, he's a mayor, a bureaucrat. Not a holy man. Again, he's right, they aren't Muslim in the sense they aren't like the billion muslims that get on with their lives and don't kill innocents.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Until some lunatic twists his words (like you twists Khans words) and goes on a killing spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    What week ideals? The only suggestion you've offered in countering terrorism is arming all of our police force. This is the kind of draconian shit offered with 0 evidence it would reduce attacks the terrorists would love.
    it wouldn't reduce attacks, it would increase response time, it would ensure that the terrorist is put down faster.

what would reduce attacks is if people like mohammad tawhidi were lifted up and praised by more muslims with high speaking positions like khan.

Deleted
    it wouldn't reduce attacks, it would increase response time, it would ensure that the terrorist is put down faster.

what would reduce attacks is if people like mohammad tawhidi were lifted up and praised by more muslims with high speaking positions like khan.
    8 minutes isn't fast?

8 minutes isn't fast?
    not when there were two police there that ran from the terrorists. if they were armed, it would have ended right there.

Police get given a hard time and sometimes rightfully so but this time the London Met were amazing
    The met are a damn good police force. Especially SO13/SCO19.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps