Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of perspicacity of the people that replied to my posts about the Japanese scholars :|.
    Try blaming the Jews instead of the Japanese, i hear that goes over better on this alt-right forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Yet another incident that's going to lead to new bouts of Islamophobia.
    It's really quite remarkable that when Islamists murder Londoners, the first consideration that pops to your mind is that it's really a shame that it might just make people less Islam-friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Could you elaborate on the belief-system? As near as I can tell, this is just plain false and is just a cliche trotted out to draw false equivalencies.
    We all believe in "something" when we start to ask questions that science cannot answer with direct and obvious proof.
    Just an example: Atheists believe in evolution, right?
    Cross species evolution requires about as much of a leap of faith as any religion, because we could only prove inner species evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas82
    Atheism is a lack of belief in something.
    Not quite correct.
    Atheism means: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. Atheists can very well believe in other, nonexistent or non provable stuff, as the above example highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No it isn't. Atheism is a lack of belief in something. That isn't a belief system.
    About as much as being out of money means being in posession of an alternate currency.

<snip>

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-05 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    ISIS is an epidemic and needs to be eradicated ASAP.
    Yes. Problem is, killing a few "soldiers" won't make the ideas go away.
    If bombs and bullets could fix it, they would already be gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    About as much as being out of money means being in posession of an alternate currency.
    Ehm... What?
    That makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    We all believe in "something" when we start to ask questions that science cannot answer with direct and obvious proof.
    Just an example: Atheists believe in evolution, right?
    Cross species evolution requires about as much of a leap of faith as any religion, because we could only prove inner species evolution.
    There are certainly atheists that deny evolution. There's certainly no built in jump from, "there's no gods" to "there is evolution". So, to answer your question bluntly, no, that's not an atheist belief.

On the topic of evolution, you appear to be misinformed. This chestnut you're trotting out is a creationist trope that has not a shred of merit - speciation has been observed and documented numerous times. Additionally, there is no substantially different mechanism for speciation relative to intraspecies evolution - they're the same mechanisms.

It's really quite remarkable that when Islamists murder Londoners, the first consideration that pops to your mind is that it's really a shame that it might just make people less Islam-friendly.
    Literally ANYTHING to avoid criticizing people who are muslim.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It shouldn't have to be repeated every time there's a terror attack, but we don't tolerate religion-bashing, religious discussion, nor hate speech on these forums. If you can't participate without engaging in such, don't participate.
    labeling anyone a Nazi on the right side of radical left should also be considered hate speech, yet not one infraction for that.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's ultimately what a person DOES that matters. Not whether the person thinks that practices of other persons are wrong.
    You did very well not to rise to the bait there. I'd have just called him a cunt and had done with it.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Yeah, you're right. We should encourage the likes of the EDL to kick Mr Shah's head in cos he looks like one them Muslims. That'll solve everything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Minuteman View Post
    Talk about false equivalency.
    yes.
    The left has never killed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    South Korea was a colonial nation? Didn't knew that.
    You probably should check the context before you post.

The statement was:

Islamophobia literally leads to more terrorism.
    South Korea is rather islamophobic yet no islamic terrorism.

Can people stop using the word "islamophobia"? Phobia implies it's irrational...

Case in point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes.
    The left has never killed anyone.
    Did you know that all except one dictator of the past has been left wing?

The only one that wasn't left wing was Augusto Pinochet.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Can people stop using the word "islamophobia"? Phobia implies it's irrational...
    It's well understood in political terms that it is about dislike or hate. Just like homophobia is hatred or dislike of homosexuals. It isn't a medical term like arachnophobia.

Deleted
    There's no rational debate to have. Islamic extremists aren't Muslims, by any definition.
    Literally none of that is true.
    Over and over again, from people who actually study middle eastern culture (i.e., not people like Dawkins or Harris), from people who actually profile extremists, there's a common thread: either they're not actually religious, or desperate.
    yes, these fundamentalists who say they are doing it in the name of Islam and quoting the scripture are not real Muslims.
    Person A: Is religion evil?
    Religion is a product of humanity, therefore, it is an approximation of humanity.
    Person B: No. Fundamentalism is evil.
    Fundamentalism is not evil.
    Religious fundamentalism is no more or less evil than secular fundamentalism or, in fact, any fundamentalism.
    The Amish are fundamentalists - Cant recall their last terror act.
    So take your "rational debate" nonsense and shove it.
    I pray to a god i don't believe in you are a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's well understood in political terms that it is about dislike or hate. Just like homophobia is hatred or dislike of homosexuals. It isn't a medical term like arachnophobia.
    Still leaves that subliminal message to us who know the actual meaning of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yeah, you're right. We should encourage the likes of the EDL to kick Mr Shah's head in cos he looks like one them Muslims. That'll solve everything
    Regardless of one's feelings about the EDL, I think all reasonable people can agree that they're not exactly the top priority to worry about when it comes to violence in England.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Still leaves that subliminal message to us who know the actual meaning of words.
    So hydrophobic materials are acting irrational?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    You did very well not to rise to the bait there. I'd have just called him a cunt and had done with it.
    So lets say I think homosexuality is sinfull and an act against god and nature. Lets also say I know a person that holds similar beliefs but also has a tendency to act on these beliefs. Not that I know for sure. But maybe I suspect. Will I actually go and talk this person out of acting on beliefs that I share?
    Now lets say that by actually confronting that person I would not only risk his irre, but the scorn of people around me which would risk isolating me and deprive me of essential connections, oportunities and resources.
    Would I take action or decide upon inaction and in case something happens deny any moral responsibility?
    Only the 2nd option is logically consistent.

What I believe in this situation matters a lot. Because there is no such thing as not deciding. Action is derived from decision and decision is derived from what a person believes.

You might not be mowing down people on a bridge, but when someone suggested it because that might be a thing these degenerates deserve, although you'd never do it yourself, you didnt speek up.

I find it hard to understand how people have difficulty grasping that concept.

PS: Nigel, I'm not refering to you with that later part. I just quoted you because I was both refering to what you replied to and your answer.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-06-04 at 10:49 PM.