Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a 10/10M raider I think this is the worst idea I've heard in months. Attunements are a boring time sink with no value or challenge. All it does is hurt people who are strapped for time. No one has ever done an attunement and said "That was challenging, fun, and improved the overall quality of the game."

The OP is sitting here wining about the game being too casual friendly while literally having 0 mythic boss kills the entire expansion. I'm sorry man. I don't know how to say this in a nicer way, but you ARE the casual player you are complaining about. No need to make things worse for yourself. If you want to make the game more challenging then just make more challenging content. Don't add more useless timesinks. Or you could like... go do some of the challenging content in the game that you literally haven't touched what so ever.

Edit: ok this guy has literally done one +5 M+ since legion came out. That's it. You can't not participate in literally 99.99% of the end game content available then complain about lack of difficulty and want a shitty timesink. Mind blowing.

**Reads ops signature** oh hes a trump supporter. Everything is clear now.
    Last edited by patrins; 2017-06-04 at 07:53 PM.

Nobody likes to do chores to finally just fucking do what they want to do. There's already enough of that shit.

Yes. Absolutely.

Attunements. Resist Gear. Challenging leveling content so that only a small number of people even reach max level-let alone set foot in a raid. Everything people love so much about old school WoW.

Then, I want to sit back and watch. See how long it takes for the game to crash and burn.

"There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

only if its 100% solo able and account wide.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Because attunements were a pain for the more casual raiding guilds. Replacing raiders usually required running previous tier for new members. Any guild interested in raiding should be focusing on moving forward, not backward.
    The attunements for BT/Hyjal were a bit more demanding than the ones I listed, but in general having a requirement that people do certain content prior to going into a raid is no more punishing to a casual guild than needing to meet an average artifact trait level among its raiders. In some ways its less so, because you could easily do a quest chain and a couple dungeons in a day or two whereas catching up on artifact trait points for that same casual player could take several raid lockouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Because attunements were a pain for the more casual raiding guilds. Replacing raiders usually required running previous tier for new members. Any guild interested in raiding should be focusing on moving forward, not backward.
    With the tech they have now they can easily make attunements account wide, so you would only have to complete them on one character and you would have them for all your characters.

Win - Win for all players and guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    With the tech they have now they can easily make attunements account wide, so you would only have to complete them on one character and you would have them for all your characters.
    In case you have forgotten, not everyone runs multiple and raids with more than one characters. The people who are affected the most are probably the ones who only play one character. So account wide is meaningless.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like this. But I can see why most people won´t like it and why it probably is not coming back. I´m fine with that, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Straight up as much as I'd like to get behind this idea...there's no way I'd have time to attune for things.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

They did bring back attunements for Court of Stars, Arcway and Karazhan in this expansion. Everyone bitched about it and they were made account wide unlocks once patch 7.1.5 was released. No one who currently plays the game nowadays like attunements now. They just impose a needless brick wall in progression.

Attunements were not challenging. They were just tedious.

That time has passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recycling your old ideas Jaylock?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ck-Attunements

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like attunements that required simply clearign the last raid, this way people dont come into an expansion and just go straight to the final raid

in 3.3.5a a few of my friends who joined jumped right into ICC and did alittle bit of TOC, but other then that, never did nax, never did udluar, cause there was no reason to
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

For the sake of bringing back some challenge to the game, do you think its time to go back to old school attunements?

• Onyxia Attunement
    • Karazhan Attunement
    • BWL Attunement
    • Mags Lair Attunement
    • Serpent Shrine Cavern Attunement
    • Tempest Keep Attunement
    • Black Temple Attunement
    • Hyjal Attunement

You cant get into the next tier of raiding until you do something relatively challenging in the previous tier.

They made a good step toward that in the beginning of Legion with the Arcway dungeon, Karazhan Dungeon, and Court of Stars. I'd like to see more Attunements in the future.
    where should plz be the challenge there ?

since when is group finding and gating challenging ???

you can argue pro and con about your mentioned attunements. if attunements are annoying or good for longterm progression etc. but what the hell was challenging with them ?

casuals are killing wow... Blizzard shouldnt make any casual appelling content they need to improve their gameplay if they want to enjoy the game

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of bringing back some challenge to the game, do you think its time to go back to old school attunements?

• Onyxia Attunement
    • Karazhan Attunement
    • BWL Attunement
    • Mags Lair Attunement
    • Serpent Shrine Cavern Attunement
    • Tempest Keep Attunement
    • Black Temple Attunement
    • Hyjal Attunement

You cant get into the next tier of raiding until you do something relatively challenging in the previous tier.

They made a good step toward that in the beginning of Legion with the Arcway dungeon, Karazhan Dungeon, and Court of Stars. I'd like to see more Attunements in the future.
    those attunements were over the top complicated - if your guild was past a certain raid and didnt want to do it any more then you couldn't get attuned and so couldn't enter.

the ones for the legion dungeons you mentioned, however, were not complicated and only required 3 mythic dungeons (which are easy enough to do in a pug group/guild group - especially on mythic dungeon week) and some rep. I think making them into heroic dungeons after a time was also a good move.

so in answer to your question; yes for dungeons but no for raids

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not mistake challenge with monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    No, I think we are beyond those times. The game needs to appeal to casuals, because they make up arguably the biggest chunk of the player base. I know, it sucks. I dont like a watered down casual game either. But let's face it: casuals = money.
    Well, if it's just about the casuals, why not just make the attunement for Heroic / Mythic difficulty?
    Oh, I forgot, there is already an attunement for Mythic raiding, it's called "You need 20 players."