Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I Need Someone to Fact Check Me

Hey guys,

I need help to figure out whether I'm full of shit or if I correctly remember something from back in AQ40. Specifically, I seem to recall that there was a teleportation room off to the side somewhere which allowed the group to teleport near the NPCs right before C'thun's room. I also remember that one of the players had Atiesh and wonder if that has anything to do with it. I want to say there was a circular pattern on the room and it was made of bricks.

Was this a thing? I need someone to drop some knowledge on me because now every time I go in there I always look for where it might have been but there's no indication pointing towards it being real... but dammit, I could have swore it was...
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-06-04 at 10:08 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I've been trying to remember this myself, I just looked at a forum post from 2015 of someone asking the same question and everyone says there was never a teleport.

I seem to recall you could talk to the gnome to teleport you to the Emperors' room, and just outside of C'thun's room.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember this.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613281931

Oh wow, now I found it, but it makes little sense. One of the NPC on ground level can teleport you DOWN after you have cleared certain points. Twin Emperor Chamber or end point are the two options. No teleport way back up. Apparently it's there to provide quick access to the NPC down below in case you forgot mats or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more inclined to believe that it's simply a short cut teleport since you originally had to run back and hope trash didn't respawn if you wiped. I'd test it now by somehow dying to C'thun but I don't have it on my laptop.

But seriously, I know I remember it because the raid lead was freaking out about how after you take it to not move to not accidentally walk in and engage C'thun. I... I know I did....

- - - Updated - - -

This could very well be it but I do remember C'thun still being alive.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-06-04 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Hey guys,

I need help to figure out whether I'm full of shit or if I correctly remember something from back in AQ40. Specifically, I seem to recall that there was a teleportation room off to the side somewhere which allowed the group to teleport near the NPCs right before C'thun's room. I also remember that one of the players had Atiesh and wonder if that has anything to do with it. I want to say there was a circular pattern on the room and it was made of bricks.

Was this a thing? I need someone to drop some knowledge on me because now every time I go in there I always look for where it might have been but there's no indication pointing towards it being real... but dammit, I could have swore it was...
    No, there was however a very high ranking guild who messed with the files to remove the floor after the first boss to appear right at C'thun, they all got perma banned.

From memory Ateish would open a portal to kara nothing to do with AQ40. As for AQ40 the only thing I remember is the introduction of the bug mounts because people were complaining about the run back for C'thun attempts. Without the mounts you would only get 2-3 pulls before trash started respawning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    No, there was however a very high ranking guild who messed with the files to remove the floor after the first boss to appear right at C'thun, they all got perma banned.
    I have heard of this but I'm assuming it'd have to be a raid-wide effort to select and remove certain files locally. What tss posted may very well be what I remember.

There was also a bug on the bug family encounter where half the raid got feared thru walls to c'thuns room for quite some time. Good old times when everything was bugged as hell.

Deleted
    There are some dragons behind the first boss and you could teleport by talking to one of them. I see no reason why it wouldn't still work that way (though may need rep, not sure) so could easily be checked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    There are some dragons behind the first boss and you could teleport by talking to one of them. I see no reason why it wouldn't still work that way (though may need rep, not sure) so could easily be checked out.
    I'm going to have to half ass my work and go home early to see if I can at least find the room I am thinking of. I'm thinking it was the dragons but I also remember that I had little to no rep so I don't think it was behind a reputation wall. Unfortunately that was my first and last kill which is why my memory is so fuzzy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The dragons that sell the tier set also had a buddy of theirs which would teleport you down to the twin emperors room if you had killed them. This was not in the instance initially, but added later on because the walk back to C'thun was horrendous.

One guild indeed ended up getting banned for modifying the instance to skip the run altogether but I think that was before this npc was added.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The teleport was added later, i clearly remember running all the way there many times, we even farmed mounts for whole raid pretty early just to make it bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job, gang!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Well there was a guild banned for modifying the game code so they could go through a floor directly to C'Thun.
    wow great answer, I hope it answered all he needs to know about the teleporter

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    There was also a bug on the bug family encounter where half the raid got feared thru walls to c'thuns room for quite some time. Good old times when everything was bugged as hell.
    Obligatory joke about AQ raid being full of bugs.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I also remember that one of the players had Atiesh and wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    Not really, that staff's portal was only located towards Karazhan. Otherwise I think the only thing that staff did was to give Shade of Aran a different starting dialogue.