Thread: Arms vs. Fury

Arms vs. Fury

Haven't participated on the ptr or watched much og the testing, but how does it look the two specs compared?
    Started out as Arms and then rerolled to fury, will it be necessary to go back to Arms? Or will they be pretty equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazersblade View Post
    Haven't participated on the ptr or watched much og the testing, but how does it look the two specs compared?
    Started out as Arms and then rerolled to fury, will it be necessary to go back to Arms? Or will they be pretty equal?
    I've always been a fan of the "play what you enjoy" mindset given that's the goal of playing a game. Unfortunately for me, I enjoy the current FR Arms gameplay and they destroyed it on the PTR. So I won't be playing anything I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtom View Post
    I've always been a fan of the "play what you enjoy" mindset given that's the goal of playing a game. Unfortunately for me, I enjoy the current FR Arms gameplay and they destroyed it on the PTR. So I won't be playing anything I guess.
    That's why the new legendary ring gives Deadly Calm, and Focused Rage is on the same tier - you can get that playstyle right back.

But I still need an answer to my question

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazersblade View Post
    But I still need an answer to my question
    They are both doing really well! Possibly more tuning passes will go off before release candidate into live.

Right now, there is not a 100% answer which will be the better spec, also, some fights will favor Fury or Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    They are both doing really well! Possibly more tuning passes will go off before release candidate into live.

Right now, there is not a 100% answer which will be the better spec, also, some fights will favor Fury or Arms.
    Tyvm for your answer, ofc some fights will favor a specific spec, thats all good im fine switching around, was just concerned that one of the specs would be far behind the other

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's why the new legendary ring gives Deadly Calm, and Focused Rage is on the same tier - you can get that playstyle right back.
    Well that was likely the idea behind having the ring provide Deadly Calm, but it clearly not enough to overcome the combination of nerfs on rage management tools of Dauntless, Deadly Calm, Anger Management, rework of Precise Strikes and the increased rage costs like 20 rage FR. That unique gameplay is dead because the rage costs for current FR build on PTR are unsustainable.

Well that was likely the idea behind having the ring provide Deadly Calm, but it clearly not enough to overcome the combination of nerfs on rage management tools of Dauntless, Deadly Calm, Anger Management, rework of Precise Strikes and the increased rage costs like 20 rage FR. That unique gameplay is dead because the rage costs for current FR build on PTR are unsustainable.
    That's not true at all, it's completely sustainable with Deadly Calm. You're not going to hit it every GCD of course, but you're hardly doing that on live right now either.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's not true at all, it's completely sustainable with Deadly Calm. You're not going to hit it every GCD of course, but you're hardly doing that on live right now either.
    It's not even remotely close, on the PTR you can barely touch FR outside of Deadly Calm. Please..

It's not even remotely close, on the PTR you can barely touch FR outside of Deadly Calm. Please..
    Let's see, some dude with 10 posts or the guy who's been testing everything and writing the guides for warriors...
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Let's see, some dude with 10 posts or the guy who's been testing everything and writing the guides for warriors...
    I have over 1200 hours played as FR Arms since Legion began, you don't know me.

Did you even read what I said?

The point of Deadly Calm is so you can use FR leading up to, inside, and after BC, not press it on cooldown. Please...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only wish they gave Fury the option of not having to play with Frothing Zerker, as it gets tedious very fast. However the other options arent very good.