Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I never said horses physicaly stun people by rearing, they do it by shocking people who freak out and try not to get kicked in the face. Similar to warstomp. your trying to avoid a tauren crushing your foot, if it was a true shockwave you would be hurt.
    Look at the warstomp effect, it creates cracks in the ground. Thats enough force to knock you on your ass. Your whole point is based off again bad reasoning. the monk leg sweep does no damage and still stuns someone. Are we to understand someone kicking your legs out from underneath you now does not hurt because it doesn't in game?
    Besides all this Rember back in the Barrens when doING the hunting quests, there is a nice bit of quest text where they tell you a zhevra can knock a tauren on its haunches with a kick. We know a worgen is atleast as strong as a horse hence a worgen can do the same thing.
    Where do you get that worgen are as strong as a horse? Because they can run on all fours? I want to watch a worgen try to kick a tauren.

So once again, other than your fan theories, There hasn't been a single thing out there showing Worgen to be stronger than tauren, and since you seem to be using the game mechanics now on your defense, the Tauren have more strength than a worgen on their base stats. they have equal strength to orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Besides all this Rember back in the Barrens when doING the hunting quests, there is a nice bit of quest text where they tell you a zhevra can knock a tauren on its haunches with a kick. We know a worgen is atleast as strong as a horse hence a worgen can do the same thing.
    Equines are built to deliver strong kicks, canines not so much. And heck, equines have goddamn hooves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Tauren are the strongest of all playable races.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Race

Tauren start with 25 str, orcs start with 23 str . On the alliance the strongest are worgen with 23 str and dwarves with 22 str.

Then there is the "racial modifier" of the base attributes.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Base_attributes

"Relative to the baseline attributes in the five tables above, characters of the specified race have slightly more or less of each stat. However, adding up all of the relative stats for each race should wind up with a sum of zero, so no race has more stats overall than any other."

Tauren get +5 str, dwarves get +5 str, orcs get +3 str, and worgen get +3 str.

If you add those to the base stats you get Tauren at 30, dwarves at 27, orcs at 26, and worgen at 26. So tauren are the strongest followed by dwarves, then the orcs and worgen tie at third place.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-06-04 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't know how closely they followed the strength of races into the movie, of a orc can lift up and throw a horse, and dwarves are stronger than a orc, they should be able to do some crazy stuff.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    actually was a rethoric question, btw @Snowraven forsaken technology advanced as the human one? maybe their engineering isnt at a goblin level, but their alchemy and chemistry definitely yes, maybe even the best in azeroth (maybe not counting the scourge one that is basically of demonic derivation)
    I actually thought to put forsaken above humans originally, but not in the best tiers. I mean, gnomes and goblins have lasers, submarines, planes, robots, mines etc.
    The forsaken are good with alchemy, yes, but other than that their best contraption is that catapult. So, the forsaken did evolve alchemy wise. But humans have evolved technology wise. They managed to construct new designs of ships and participated (since it was a joint effort) in building the Skybreaker and other Alliance flying ships alongside dwarves and gnomes. So I feel humans evolved too, but focused more on engineering while forsaken focused on alchemy and genetical manipulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    While I don't know how closely they followed the strength of races into the movie, of a orc can lift up and throw a horse, and dwarves are stronger than a orc, they should be able to do some crazy stuff.
    Dwarves are so strong that they can fly just by lifting each other up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Genn isn't racist? Why would he accept help from Night Elves if he were?
    Actually in his short leader story he has several moments of doubt about that and about abandoning his kingdom if I remember right.

He's not racist like Garithos was, I think I expressed myself wrong. He's more... isolationist. Consider it like this, you see other humans daily, right?
    So let's say that one day you're cut off from the world. For 20 years or so. And then one day relations are restored, but a nation of aliens comes and saves you. They look weird and have weird customs and you know nothing about them or their leaders, they worship some odd deity and hug trees. Bunch of weirdos. They did save you, but who would you support, other humans, whom you know, whose leader you know, you know them, their customs, their traditions etc, or these weird aliens that just saved you once?

He treated the other human kingdoms the same, basically not giving aid originally because Gilneans were more important. He wanted to kill orcs instantly even after they had fallen into lethargy. And he abandoned the other human kingdoms when the whole undead craze started.

Maybe Genn's view has changed since a few years have passed, but when the High King deal appeared, he had just joined the Alliance for a little while... rejoined.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    aren't the undeads moved by shadow magic? and in the contrary they are sturdy as fuck, they can even survive massive mutilation without cares anything.
    btw they use abominations as night elf uses ancients, they are basically (un)living siege machine
    Not sturdy, resilient mostly. The deal is that they have their bones exposed in several places. And bones are brittle when... dead. Even if they were animated by shadow magic and be "alive-like", there's still the issue of them being exposed. It reminds me of a quest from Northrend when the Ebon Blade gives you this skeleton to help find... I can't remember what in the troll zone. And they say that the decay ended making him rather weak, blind and deaf.
    That... doesn't strike me as sturdy.
    Another example, in Loth'remar's leader story, when Sylvannas comes to meet him, her skin is peeling off from her face. That part is described rather good. Again, not so sturdy. And she's even intact. There are quests where you are tasked to recover parts of the forsaken, I remember one about a foot or arm stolen by a dog. Also, not all of them were intact, in the forsaken starting zone one realizes that he had different hands sewn on his body.

Yes, they do, but also use them to carry stuff, or at least they did, now they got those... giants...

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And @Snowraven, a blood elf mage lifted up a dwarf with one hand when the dwarf said something about his wife. So they are still strong, technology wise they should at least be Draenei level considering we see blood elves easily take and intergrate any tech they find useful
    When did this happen? Also, I don't know how heavy a dwarf is, and it is still an isolated event.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Draenei tech is not naaru tech. They are different things.
    True, you're right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did this happen? Also, I don't know how heavy a dwarf is, and it is still an isolated event.
    pretty sure it was a short story with a scroll or something. Also if a blood elf mage can lift a dwarf up with a hand, going to assume blood elves more ascustomed to physical combat would be able to do similar things.

And they say that the decay ended making him rather weak, blind and deaf.
    if you are talking about the skele in zul'darak Its because he got a face full of plague or something

Another example, in Loth'remar's leader story, when Sylvannas comes to meet him, her skin is peeling off from her face. That part is described rather good. Again, not so sturdy. And she's even intact. There are quests where you are tasked to recover parts of the forsaken, I remember one about a foot or arm stolen by a dog. Also, not all of them were intact, in the forsaken starting zone one realizes that he had different hands sewn on his body.
    her body is also described as nigh indestructible so /shrug
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-06-04 at 11:08 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Tauren are the strongest of all playable races.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Race

Tauren start with 25 str, orcs start with 23 str . On the alliance the strongest are worgen with 23 str and dwarves with 22 str.

Then there is the "racial modifier" of the base attributes.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Base_attributes

"Relative to the baseline attributes in the five tables above, characters of the specified race have slightly more or less of each stat. However, adding up all of the relative stats for each race should wind up with a sum of zero, so no race has more stats overall than any other."

Tauren get +5 str, dwarves get +5 str, orcs get +3 str, and worgen get +3 str.

If you add those to the base stats you get Tauren at 30, dwarves at 27, orcs at 26, and worgen at 26. So tauren are the strongest followed by dwarves, then the orcs and worgen tie at third place.
    And a level 10 gnome is stronger than a level 1 tauren. Let's be honest now, the stats are just stats, they don't mean much. Back when WoW launched there were a bunch of inconsistencies, I doubt they fixed them all.
    I mean really, night elves start at 16 strenght, just 1 above gnomes. Are you seriously going to tell me that these people living in the woods, with animals, fighting tooth and claw at times, are just a bit stronger than gnomes? And that blood elves, who have not used their raw strenght much at all, using magic even for wiping the floor have 17, are actually quite stronger than night elves?

Are you telling me that pandaren, whom we've seen carrying 4-6 barrels filled with beer, are the same strenght as humans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Dwarves are so strong that they can fly just by lifting each other up.
    We don't use planes! Those are just dwarves in plate armour fluttering their beards really fast!

And yet Huln turned large sways of demons into sashimi on his own.
    Yeah let's take the most powerful tauren in the entire history of the race equipped with a legendary spear imbued by wild gods's power in the seemingly exaggerated version of the story as an example of how strong a tauren is. Draenei,Human and Night Elves must be the strongest then because their heroes are completly overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    It's a shock and awe thing, thunderclap is an actual shockwave more like what you are talking about. If it sends a out an actual shockwave that can stun you it will physically hurt you not leave you undamaged. It's physically impossible to be stunned by a shock wave and not be hurt.

I never said horses physicaly stun people by rearing, they do it by shocking people who freak out and try not to get kicked in the face. Similar to warstomp. your trying to avoid a tauren crushing your foot, if it was a true shockwave you would be hurt.

Tauren Chieften arnt regular tauren, they are high teir warriors like warrior players, their warstomp is similar to thunderclap, they have an extra source of power that all higher teir warriors have, we are talking about regular averge foot soldiers of each race.

You are really stretching the definition of stun to discredit something because it challenges your previously held belief. Warstomp applies the same effect as all other stun abilities. If it's just shock and awe then people wouldn't be physically stunned like the game demonstrates.

To further illustrate my point, tauren chieftains' shock wave ability causes damage and doesn't stun. Heroic leap causes damage and doesn't stun despite landing with enough force to crack the ground. If thunder clap causes a shock wave, then why doesn't it stun? These facts alone make your argument against warstomp fall apart. We all know what the designers intended, you are just nitpicking at game mechanics because it suits your belief.

And no, tauren chieftains aren't high tier warriors. There are plenty of average chieftains like the one in the tauren starter zone.

And zhevras aren't horses, nor do worgens have hooves to pull it off. You are equating worgen to horse, despite the fact running fast is not an act of strength.
    Last edited by Clone; 2017-06-04 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Yeah let's take the most powerful tauren in the entire history of the race equipped with a legendary spear imbued by wild gods's power in the seemingly exaggerated version of the story as an example of how strong a tauren is. Draenei,Human and Night Elves must be the strongest then because their heroes are completly overpowered.
    Yeah, let's take the creators of the Worgen form, long before it has been diluted in power as an example of how strong a Worgen is. Your hypocrisy is showing. Then there's the part where that portrayal of the events of the War of the Satyr was a misrepresentation to begin with. Also, it's almost as if Huln was a character before Legion :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, let's take the creators of the Worgen form, long before it has been diluted in power as an example of how strong a Worgen is. Your hypocrisy is showing. Then there's the part where that portrayal of the events of the War of the Satyr was a misrepresentation to begin with. Also, it's almost as if Huln was a character before Legion :O
    The power being diluted does not exactly mean they are weak now. If the top end potential was that powerful then the current version should be strong enough to go toe to toe with the tauren which is not presented to be super powerful by any mean. They are strong but so do demons,furborg ,etc.

How is the portrayal of WotS a misinterpretation?

How does Huln being a character before Legion have anything to do with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the top end potential was that powerful then the current version should be strong enough to go toe to toe with the tauren which is not presented to be super powerful by any mean.
    There is no basis for this. Nothing about the original worgen curse indicate what the current version should be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    There is no basis for this. Nothing about the original worgen curse indicate what the current version should be able to do.
    There's as much as basis as claiming tauren is the strongest race. The current version was strong enough to help Varian turn the tide against Garrosh's forces consisted of whatever beast I don't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's as much as basis as claiming tauren is the strongest race. The current version was strong enough to help Varian turn the tide against Garrosh's forces consisted of whatever beast I don't remember.
    Orcs and Centaur who had already been fighting for hours vs godmode Varian and worgen. really doesn't show worgen to be stronger than Tauren. Nothing shown in this entire thread has done anything to show Worgen being stronger than tauren.

Well nothing in lore,

According to wild fantasy worgen are the strongest thing ever, unstoppable.

because they ran away and needed to get help, they didnt kill everything like a certain poster was claiming.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-06-05 at 12:08 AM.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    No there isn't. The original only gave basis on what the original could do. Everything we have on the taurens exist now.

The power being diluted does not exactly mean they are weak now. If the top end potential was that powerful then the current version should be strong enough to go toe to toe with the tauren which is not presented to be super powerful by any mean. They are strong but so do demons,furborg ,etc.
    This is all sorts of baseless and even more sorts of illogical. Also, it's adorable how you completely glossed over the part where it wasn't some random two Worgen but the strongest two. I guess it's not a problem anymore

How? Seriously, it's been already pointed out to you. They didn't slaughter an entire warband. They killed some and then had to run away and get rescued.

How does Huln being a character before Legion have anything to do with this?
    Are you operating under the assumption that all portrayals of his story were exaggerated for you to be unable to figure this out on your own?

I'll take "How do reinforcements work?" for $500, Alex.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-05 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I actually thought to put forsaken above humans originally, but not in the best tiers. I mean, gnomes and goblins have lasers, submarines, planes, robots, mines etc.
    The forsaken are good with alchemy, yes, but other than that their best contraption is that catapult. So, the forsaken did evolve alchemy wise. But humans have evolved technology wise. They managed to construct new designs of ships and participated (since it was a joint effort) in building the Skybreaker and other Alliance flying ships alongside dwarves and gnomes. So I feel humans evolved too, but focused more on engineering while forsaken focused on alchemy and genetical manipulation.
    but it doesnt make sense, humans can help in some engineering design only with the help of other 2 races, meanwhile forsaken can alone be the best alchemist and chemist and even some type of proto-biotechnologist. maybe the level of gnome/goblin is too high because anyway there is a strong component of magic/necromancy in forsaken's tecnology, but they are definitvely very high in the chart.

This is all sorts of baseless and even more sorts of illogical.
    It's suddenly illogical because I claim that they are still strong enough to fight the taurens toe to toe? It's even more unlikely to assume that the curse has been diluted to the point of being so weak. It's our owns opinions ti interpret how much of the curse is still in effect.

They were the ones of the firsts. Nothing to indicate that they were the strongest at least before Ralaar used the scythe on himself.

How? Seriously, it's been already pointed out to you. They didn't slaughter an entire warband. They killed some and then had to ran away and get rescued.
    There's also a part where they came to help win the war against demons by the merits of their power despite also turning on allies.

Are you operating under the assumption that all portrayals of his story were exaggerated for you to be unable to figure this out on your own?
    hmm what? I was referring to the quest in legion. If you are talking about WotA books then Huln was in there. He fought demons but that's pretty much it. He didn't get much screentime.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take "How do reinforcements work?" for $500, Alex.
    Yeah, reinforcements must always win... it totally had nothing to do with the strenght of the worgen. Sure. Garrosh had serveral magnatuars on his side.

- - - Updated - - -

because they ran away and needed to get help, they didnt kill everything like a certain poster was claiming.
    Dunno, I did not claim that. They still however killed a handful when hopelessly outnumbered and later they won the war.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-06-05 at 12:40 AM.