Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they want X.X.5 to be balance patches right before the Mythic race. Seems reasonable enough.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Dude, You are like a brand now. You should add a ™ mark to your name, it represents a certain quality about posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    sorry that's not how it works lmao. I think you're getting your "plain and simple" argument twisted up. The raid came out in 7.2, plain and simple. You just can't go in it until 7.2.5.
    You. Cannot. Enter. The. Raid. Because. It's. Not. Finished.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what does it really matter what number it actually comes with.
    It does not in my opinion.
    No, it doesn't matter. However when Blizzard titles the patch after the raid and constantly says 7.2 contains said raid when 3 months later we haven't set foot in it because it's not done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post

No, it doesn't matter. However when Blizzard titles the patch after the raid and constantly says 7.2 contains said raid when 3 months later we haven't set foot in it because it's not done.
    Then really there is no single patch which is going to be truly appropriate to say that for, since many will effectively have their own "version" of it in a way.
    It isn't "finished" in 7.2.5 either.
    It is finished the last time during the current expansion when any patch changes it.
    Usable, and finished are not the same thing.
    So dismissing the 7.2 opinion with 7.2.5 isn't right either.

A patch the raid is accessible, that is accurate.
    A parch containing it, that is not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-04 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    edgy answer and I really do appreciate the effort despite you being wrong, but none of that changes the fact that the raid still came out in 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    edgy answer and I really do appreciate the effort despite you being wrong, but none of that changes the fact that the raid still came out in 7.2
    The artwork was released in 7.2. The raid was still being tested on the PTR this weekend. It comes out in 7.2.5.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    This is poor thinking, as it skews any insight into development cycles. The raid was built and included in 7.2; the fact that we won't access it until after 7.2.5 may end up being coincidental - we don't have enough data points to say for sure.

All that said, it's actually not a bad idea on their part ... but still, development cycle is what matters, not release cycle.
    ToS is still on PTR, being tested. Nobody can use it on live servers. That is what you call a "paper launch" in the industry and no customer would consider the product as released... fanboys on the other hand would. Also since I am working for a software company myself (albeit not focused on games) I assure you that nobody at Blizzard considers it as "released" except maybe marketing department, end even those guys are careful about it since they have to essentially "sell it" twice.

ToS is 7.2.5 content... I'm not saying there is something wrong with that, however I don't see a point in arguing that something was released earlier than it actually was.

EDIT: that said, the entirety of 7.2.5 is part of 7.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The artwork was released in 7.2. The raid was still being tested on the PTR this weekend. It comes out in 7.2.5.
    i think you're confused, the raid came out in 7.2. it gets unlocked in 7.2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    7.2.5 the week before that, based on PvP season ending.
    PvP Season ending has nothing to do with a patch, and everything with a new Raid releasing.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    i'll make this easy for you. Is tos in the 7.2 game files right now? The answer is yes. It's 7.2 content. the fact it's inaccessible is irrelevant. it's 7.2 content. Same as nighthold being 7.0 content despite being released in 7.1.5
    how the fuck is it not relevant!

Care to share with us your progress in Tomb of Sargeras then?

- - - Updated - - -

i think you're confused, the raid came out in 7.2. it gets unlocked in 7.2.5
    You're confusing "unlocking the raid down the road" with "the raid is still under development"

The raid is STILL under development right now. It did not come out in 7.2. It still isn't out. It won't be out until June 20th.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

I can hardly believe the lengths people will go to when arguing about something so inconsequential as what arbitrary number to associate with game content

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to share with us your progress in Tomb of Sargeras then?

- - - Updated - - -

You're confusing "unlocking the raid down the road" with "the raid is still under development"

The raid is STILL under development right now. It did not come out in 7.2. It still isn't out. It won't be out until June 20th.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
    Haha except the raid did come out in 7.2 but if it helps you can keep attempting to convince yourself otherwise

Haha except the raid did come out in 7.2 but if it helps you can keep attempting to convince yourself otherwise
    You keep trolling XD

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep trolling XD

you got me

The structure for which the instance portal is located as well as an unfinished version of the raid that can not be accessed was released with the patch 7.2. if for some strange reason patch 7.2.5 is not out by june 20th then you can say the raid comes out during 7.2. However assuming things go as expected we will get patch 7.2.5 a week before the raid release and as such the raid will come out during that patch.

Also that screenshot is of the dungeon journal for the raid, not the actual raid. And it's not even a complete dungeon journal as the map doesn't work as well as much of the information either missing or not up to date in regards to both items and bosses.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2017-06-05 at 01:26 AM.

Trololololololol

I think the problem here is that blizz got their numbering system screwed up because of patch 7.1.

what they should have done is make 7.1 be 7.0.5 with return to kara. 7.1 should have been the nighthold patch as 7.1, not 7.1.5(technically not tied to 7.1.5, but it lined up that way so they might as well sell it as such.)
    then what we have as 7.2 being the broken shore would have been 7.1.5. Sure the raid files are included but since its not open, its not really relavant if you want to consider it launched or not. Its inaccessible content no matter how you slice it.
    7.2.5 will have all the class tuning changes and Tomb will open up. this should have been labeled as 7.2. No confusion this way.

7.2.5 *should* be the patch where we are leading up to argus and whatever non raid elements bring us there(yet to be revealed), with 7.3 being the next patch to launch and the next raid opening(although the files will have been included in the prior patch.)

the schedule of content has been pretty good for legion, they just shot themselves in the foot by setting wrong expectations with their patch numbering system, and i think this is just a result of them coming up with the x.x.5 idea after 7.1 was already announced and labeled as 7.1.

If i were in charge at blizzard i'd fix this by making the current 7.3 patch they are working on become 7.2.8 or something and leave the 7.3 numbered patch for when the final raid tier actually opens along with whatever balance changes come with it. Players expect a raid with a 7.X patch, it would avoid some complaints if they were consistent with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    The structure for which the instance portal is located as well as an unfinished version of the raid that can not be accessed was released with the patch 7.2, as well as all of the encounters and data for the raid albeit being inaccessible.
    fixed that for you. the raid is still released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaesden View Post
    I think the problem here is that blizz got their numbering system screwed up because of patch 7.1.

what they should have done is make 7.1 be 7.0.5 with return to kara. 7.1 should have been the nighthold patch as 7.1, not 7.1.5(technically not tied to 7.1.5, but it lined up that way so they might as well sell it as such.)
    then what we have as 7.2 being the broken shore would have been 7.1.5. Sure the raid files are included but since its not open, its not really relavant if you want to consider it launched or not. Its inaccessible content no matter how you slice it.
    7.2.5 will have all the class tuning changes and Tomb will open up. this should have been labeled as 7.2. No confusion this way.

7.2.5 *should* be the patch where we are leading up to argus and whatever non raid elements bring us there(yet to be revealed), with 7.3 being the next patch to launch and the next raid opening(although the files will have been included in the prior patch.)

the schedule of content has been pretty good for legion, they just shot themselves in the foot by setting wrong expectations with their patch numbering system, and i think this is just a result of them coming up with the x.x.5 idea after 7.1 was already announced and labeled as 7.1.

If i were in charge at blizzard i'd fix this by making the current 7.3 patch they are working on become 7.2.8 or something and leave the 7.3 numbered patch for when the final raid tier actually opens along with whatever balance changes come with it. Players expect a raid with a 7.X patch, it would avoid some complaints if they were consistent with this.
    I disagree, I think the current patch system is fine and arguably even better than it was before when it comes down to pacing. 7.1 was a major content patch so the number system worked. I think it's ideal for them to release a major content patch with the raid, fine tune it and work on any encounters that might need attention, and then unlock it in an upcoming balance/raid patch.

fixed that for you. the raid is still released.
    I know you're obviously just trolling as you chose to ignore the point that just refuted your silly edit, but I'll be nice and state it again. The raid was not complete at that point, if it actually got opened it with 7.2 it would have been a buggy unbalanced mess.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2017-06-05 at 01:46 AM.