Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle...ource=facebook

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates have cut diplomatic ties with Qatar, accusing it of destabilising the region.
    The countries say Qatar is supporting terrorist groups including the Muslim Brotherhood.

The Saudi state news agency SPA said Riyadh had closed its borders, severing land, sea and air contact with Qatar.
    It cited officials as saying it was to "protect its national security from the dangers of terrorism and extremism".
    Egypt has also closed its airspace and ports for all Qatari transportation, its foreign ministry said.

The United Arab Emirates has given Qatari diplomats 48 hours to leave the country. Abu Dhabi accuses Doha of "supporting, funding and embracing terrorism, extremism and sectarian organisations," state news agency WAM said.

Bahrain's state news agency said the country was cutting ties with Qatar because Doha was "shaking the security and stability of Bahrain and meddling in its affairs".

The Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting Yemen's Houthi rebels also expelled Qatar from its alliance because of Doha's "practices that strengthen terrorism" and its support to groups "including al-Qaeda and Daesh [also known as the so-called Islamic State], as well as dealing with the rebel militias", according to SPA.

Qatar has provided its warplanes to carry out air strikes against the Houthi rebels.
    Qatar has so far made no public comments on the latest developments.

The row comes almost two weeks after controversial comments attributed to the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, appeared online.
    The government in Doha has dismissed them as fake, attributing the report to a "shameful cybercrime".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see some of those Countries beginning to clean up their own backyards.

Yeah, Saudis don't need any help or competition funding Salafist terrorism.

Good, starve them out.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Saudi Arabia talking shit about other countries supporting terrorism. My fucking sides.

how about everyone cut ties with all those countries that cut ties with qatar for doing the same shit, also include pakistan in that

Saudi will do its best keeping the first place of supporting terrorism for sure.
    Go go go!

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Yeah, Saudis don't need any help or competition funding Salafist terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Saudi Arabia talking shit about other countries supporting terrorism. My fucking sides.
    Yes, Saudi Arabia accusing other countries of supporting terrorism is so fucking ironic.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

"yeah, we don't like those guys cause they don't support OUR brand of Islamic terrorism."

The main beef is that Qatar cooperates with Iran, despite being in the Saudi coalition against the Huthi's.

This, they're in fuckin orbit

The Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting Yemen's Houthi rebels also expelled Qatar from its alliance because of Doha's "practices that strengthen terrorism" and its support to groups "including al-Qaeda and Daesh [also known as the so-called Islamic State], as well as dealing with the rebel militias", according to SPA.

Qatar has provided its warplanes to carry out air strikes against the Houthi rebels.
    Qatar has so far made no public comments on the latest developments.
    Aaaaaaaaand the real reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Good to see some of those Countries beginning to clean up their own backyards.
    Yeah the Saudis are squeaky clean rofl.

Remind me, what country was Osama and most of the 9/11 hijackers from again? Oh yeah, our dear old friend and ally Saudi Arabia...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    "yeah, we don't like those guys cause they don't support OUR brand of Islamic terrorism."
    They refused to touch the orb, so no world domination for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, look at the bright side, it's fucking hilarious!

Deleted
    These four countries certainly don't have any other reason that common sense here.

Well this gave me a good fucking chuckle.

And there's a little bit of hypocrisy for yall. The statement is hilarious.
    Qatar is apparently supporting ISIS, Alqaeda, Houthis and Iran, it's not like the latter two are in war with the former two ( boots on the ground full blown war) they just wanted to use all words that would make their people scared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Do you realize that Al qaeda was at war with the Saudi government and performed countless attacks in SA because SA was allied with the US? Do you realize that Iran/Qatar always facilitated Alqaeda members movement and gave them refugees and passports as it is well documented? Do you know that Alqaeda never attacked Iran or Qatar? Or that in multiple interviews, announcement and documents Bin laden always praised the Iranian regime and called it the biggest supporter of its cause and that no one (his followers) should oppose it? Do you realize that Iran chants death to america day and night? That a US court has penalized Iran for its involvement in supporting 9/11 attacks? How blind can you be?
    What have you been smoking mate?
    Alqaeda has been attacking Iran since the 90s ...
    Do you mean Al-Jazeera propaganda by "well documented evidence"?
    It's actually well documented that Alqaeda is fighting along side the saudi coalition in Yemen.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-06-05 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Do you realize that Al qaeda was at war with the Saudi government and performed countless attacks in SA because SA was allied with the US? Do you realize that Iran/Qatar always facilitated Alqaeda members movement and gave them refugees and passports as it is well documented? Do you know that Alqaeda never attacked Iran or Qatar? Or that in multiple interviews, announcement and documents Bin laden always praised the Iranian regime and called it the biggest supporter of its cause and that no one (his followers) should oppose it? Do you realize that Iran chants death to america day and night? That a US court has penalized Iran for its involvement in supporting 9/11 attacks? How blind can you be?
    Yeah because the Saudi government knows which side of their bread is buttered.

Deleted
    So many people in this thread seem to agree that Saudi Arabia supports terrorism. Do people remember, though, that the US, just now, is selling weapons to the Saudis? Where do people think those weapons go, if the Saudis are supplying terrorists?

If country X sells weapons to country Y, and country Y then funds and supplies terrorists, what does that make country X? Complicit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder, if the Sunnis actually do manage to genocide all the Shiites at some point in history, how many seconds before they start killing each other?
    Kinda happened 1400 years ago. It took them around 5 years or so.

* Not Sunnis but tribal "pure blood" Arabs ( as they call them selves). There are hundreds of millions of Sunni people, not all of them wish death upon followers of other faiths. Gulf nations and eastern Pakistan are more inline with genocide and stuff.