Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So they're both killing us already, but not all of us which I assume is what you meant. I'd say Nuclear War is pretty high up on the list on what could possibly eradicate human kind for good, which could of course be accelerated and caused by starvation and/or climate change.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    War brought on by starvation brought on by climate change.
    Which then results in a nuclear winter which causes climate change and starvation

10+ Year Old Account
    Dinosaurs will

in all seriousness its time that will kill us

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Which will kill us first? Starvation or climate change?

If ANYONE says "climate change", then they are an idiot. Straight up. That whole "Paris Accord", it literally did NOTHING to curve C02. Even if all the nations in the world stopped their CO2 output by 100%, we would still only lower the world temperature by 0.02% over the span of 100 years. But what it DID do is redistribute US wealth over into the 3rd world. Every year the 1st world nations were going to have to pump 100 BILLION into the 3rd world and in the end and 32 TRILLION dollars later....the human race would accomplish...nothing.

Through technology, free market research and development we have lowered our carbon footprint (the United States) by 18% since 2000. So we are already becoming "greener and cleaner" without ANY international agreement that only steals wealth from the 1st world and pumps it into the 3rd world as if we were on some sort of crusade to enrich the 3rd world at our expense while accomplishing literally nothing in regard to "climate change".

Notice how it used to be called "Global warming"? In the 70's and 80's they told everybody "Global cooling" and that we were long overdue for an ice age.
    They can't even properly predict what the weather is going to be next week or even later on this week, yet these fuckers claim to know what is going to happen over the next 100 years.

All of that "the world is going to die and mass extinctions are going to take place" bullshit is NOT going to happen and it is nothing but a bunch of fear mongering by the globalist elite left, who wants to have total control over green energy because they KNOW that fossil fuels are once again going the way of the Dinosaur.

What are the names of the scientists claiming that we are all going to die?
    Do you realize that the scientists in charge of this "research" bank their livelyhood of receiving GRANTS?
    This is a massive hoax and the major governments who aim to control it all...and the ones who aim to benefit from it all (the 3rd world) are ALL going to be onboard for it, and they are using their bias left wing propaganda arm to do it and of course the government has NEVER lied to us all right? lol
    They ALWAYS tell the truth...especially when they want to make sure that we aren't getting massively fucked over, right? lol
    You guys just eat up their bullshit like a fat kid in an ice cream store.
    Last edited by Xires; 2017-06-05 at 11:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably nothing, short of a cosmic event like an asteroid bulldozing the Earth.

Trump, if left unchecked, is likely to result in more death than either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Religion... you can figure out which one.
    Hail Cthulhu!

On topic, Climate change or Starvation? Isn't that like asking who will fuck you first, that guy or his dick?

greed will kill us

lots of wars are over power, power is related to greed

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't they the same thing? Starvation is a consequence of Climate Change.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    i'll be dead long before either.

Neither.

Eventually we would adapt to almost all situations. Starvation would only mean we'd have to find new sources of food. Climate change will not kill us, lest the temperatures increases by 50°C everywhere forever.

A huge meteorite hitting us out of nowhere is much more likely than a slow processing natural phenomenon.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably fascist, , militant intolerant leftists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Aren't they the same thing? Starvation is a consequence of Climate Change.
    Not really. The warmer it gets, the more food can be grown in northern and southern regions.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Neither. I don't believe either of those will bring about the extinction of mankind. I think by the time climate change is enough of a problem we will have developed clean enough methods of producing electricity. I think worse case scenario areas around the equator will be dangerous to live in and the rest of the world will adapt and be just fine.

As for starvation... No. I don't see that ever happening on a global scale.

Most likely we'll all die when our sun becomes a red giant and makes the entire solar system uninhabitable. There's a good chance we'll never find a way to travel to another inhabitable planet in another solar system by the time that happens. If the speed of light truly is the fastest speed at which anything can travel we're probably fucked. What is currently known about physics would suggest that it's pretty much impossible for humans to ever reach another solar system alive. The only way to really do it would be to build a giant ship capable of sustaining many generations of humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Probably nothing, short of a cosmic event like an asteroid bulldozing the Earth.
    Most likely the right answer.

Climate change, virus, starvation, or even a nuclear will not wipe out everybody.

Deleted
    Probably biological weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    What are the names of the scientists claiming that we are all going to die?
    Indeed. What are the names of those scientists? People keep saying the scientists are making these claims and yet all we ever get is Al Gore, Al Gore, Al Gore, and.... uh... Al Gore.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not to be flippant, but climate change will probably cause the starvation. Not sure how you'd classify that.

Not enough choices - I don't think either will be kill us. It will be an (unlikely) nuclear war or (most likely) a pandemic.

Ourselves....for some stupid reason or the other. Politics or Religion come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Not really. The warmer it gets, the more food can be grown in northern and southern regions.
    That's relative. It'll be a temporary relief and we'll probably adapt a bit, but resources like water or even clean oxygen might run out at some point.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

There are many things that can kill man. MANY MANY things. But a true extinction event is going to be very hard to come by besides a true a meteor or huge solar flare blowing earth to kingdom come.

Climate change (even if taken to an extreme degree) and even a nuclear war isn't going to be an extinction event. Civilization and most of the human population would die is true but not extinction. A small tribe of humans can actually get by with very very little. It would be a totally shitty life but it is life.