Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    people group up for world quests? Why not just do them with whoever happens to be there? There's multiple tagging for friendlies, so you don't need to form a group, just help a nearby tank who's got the mobs all deathballed up for you nicely.
    for some quests, like click 10 things or quests with multiple objectives grouping makes it alot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    and... how flying ruined world quests.
    Wait... wut?

Flying rules.

Ummm.. I "afk'd" a LOT with my alts leveling them through the invasions. I did not tag the mobs til the very end, thus not boosting the HP more than I could contribute. (I am very considerate that way!)

Leveled 21 alts this way. (Thank you all!) Each and every one hit level 110 with the same gear they started with at 100... iLevel <700. Most of them didn't even get their artifact weapon until 107-108... lol

ALl boosted to 850+ with the Dauntless tokens and leveling champions... hello sweet, sweet gold.

people group up for world quests? Why not just do them with whoever happens to be there? There's multiple tagging for friendlies, so you don't need to form a group, just help a nearby tank who's got the mobs all deathballed up for you nicely.
    You don't have to tag each mob or interact with each objective. It's a minor convenience, and there's certainly some WQs that benefit from it more than others, but it adds up over time.

Concerning AFKers, I kick them if the group is mine, or else I find a new group.

The worst scum on earth.

Grouping up means you don't all have to tag the same mobs. For example at Warden Towers, one guy can fly up to the captain while the rest kill the normal mobs needed.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

Hmm, that's an interesting strawman you've constructed there mate. No, it has nothing to do with generosity or a lack thereof.

I have zero issue helping other players. I do have an issue with doing everything for them simply because they are too lazy and feel entitled to a free ride.
    Its not a strawman at all. For those that hate leveling so much, shouldn't they be happy there is a way to help people get around leveling? Yet I see absolutely no one who hates leveling come in here and say this.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't use the addon personally. I've gotten the class hall finished on every single class a few months ago. It really isn't that hard, people are just simply lazy. Fresh 110 or not any world quest is easy to do. If they require a group, just click on the button beside the world quest and you'll find a group instantly.

The only thing these addons bring is making me angry because they tag things that I can't tag with their group they have formed and it just makes doing world quests take even longer.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

15+ Year Old Account
    If i am lead, i kick, but if its at a pvp tower or falcosaur area, then i use my Ivory Talon, free kill
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Stop kicking people who are afk if you're leader, just convert the group into a raid. Some people spend too much time figuring it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Worst case: 4 people in the group are AFK and you need as long as you would have when making it solo.
    Everything else is "better case", so why worry. Just do your thing and when other help it will go faster.
    This is so obvious yet people don't seem to understand it.

Leechers are uncommon, having multiple ones is very rare. You always hurry the wq's faster even in most 'worst' cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Like... some version with a lot of fiery manes of war maybe? Cuz tbh if they had some mounts with real war manes then I would love to play that version.

Also same. But both at the same time.
    Indeed :-) :-)
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I started doing wqs on my own because 99% of players using wqgf are either crappy low geared or leeches nowadays. Much faster doing quests alone.. as you dont have to phase to a full realm just to have 3 afk guys in your group.
    yeah I do the same, a lot of times I get in a group and noone is doing anything. I team up only for elite quests if noone is around the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Sorry mate, but it's really, really simple: You're a toxic player trying to delude yourself otherwise by coming up with what is, honestly, a puerile justification.

If you want to be a selfish dick to the rest of the community then that's your prerogative. But don't expect the rest of us to feed your delusions of not being "that guy". Own up to it at least.

It's really pathetic the way that it's always the people doing the most to wreck the community who complain the loudest. Not surprising, just pathetic.
    Odd way of looking at it but you're entitled to your own opinion, however wrong it may be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    If you find it important then do the quests, leeching off other players is toxic behaviour no matter how you try to twist it and blame it on Blizard. I don't know for what reason they are important tbh though, AP gets largely irrelevant after getting 52 (Which every one and their dog has already), the gold was always irrelevant, gear was irrevant after a few weeks. leaves resources, which for most ppl are irrelevant also, since most ppl i know have build up stocks of hundres of thousands of resources already. Maybe for alts, but thats about it.
    AP is hardly irrelevant and as Blizzard stated in their most recent intervews - Tomb is balanced around concordance and multiple legendaries.
    Having and edge is important and AP is the only way you can guarantee and increase in power.

As long as it's not against the rules, it's a fair strategy. If people don't like it they can form their own groups.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I started doing wqs on my own because 99% of players using wqgf are either crappy low geared or leeches nowadays. Much faster doing quests alone.. as you dont have to phase to a full realm just to have 3 afk guys in your group.
    Just middle click the button and start your own group. No server trans, when people join and help it will be faster, else it will take just as long as when on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I never used World Quest addons myself, they were simple enough for me to complete them without the help of anyone Protection Warrior FTW.

That said, I don't like this, or what the game has become in this sense. Hence I'm no longer playing (taking a break) and currently experiencing (re-experiencing) a version of the game that suits me more... ;-)
    Stopped playing over something you haven't experienced, excellent response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Concerning AFKers, I kick them if the group is mine, or else I find a new group.
    This is the most reasonable reaction. Why everyone doesn't do this is beyond me. People often come here saying they see these issues, but would rather complain then do something about it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I afk during WQs and if I'm leader I will kick other afks to speed my progress. I try to be inconspicuous about it by night elf stealthing in a bush or a tree as to not seem afk.

While certainly no justification I did have the 5k world quest achievement before I started to afk. I recognize I am a filthy leeching ass and I attempt to atone for this by bringing the lowest ilevel or least desirable class/spec to my keystones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Stopped playing over something you haven't experienced, excellent response.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post.

Not in that way, I just don't agree with the general direction of the game, that WQ's reward epics (which were always limited to only raid content) etc.

Otherwise I gave the WQ addon a try of course, and I hated it, so I removed it. But it's horrible what questing has become... and how player interaction is completely gone with auto-groups. You might as well not have groups when no one communicates or talks in an MMORPG anymore.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

- - - Updated - - -

AP is hardly irrelevant and as Blizzard stated in their most recent intervews - Tomb is balanced around concordance and multiple legendaries.
    Having and edge is important and AP is the only way you can guarantee and increase in power.

As long as it's not against the rules, it's a fair strategy. If people don't like it they can form their own groups.
    And thats exactly while AP gets largely irrelevant, tomb will get balanced with concondance in mind is logical seeing how easy it will be to get (i'm not even a hardcore player and i have 3x 52+ on main and 52 on alt). However seeing that 1 rank above 52 will only give you 300 more main stat, or vers if a tank (which will be a few 100 dps when simmed), and characters simming for a million+ DPS your looking +-0.05% DPS increase per per concordance point on a good day, which will even get lower when your gear gets better. Hardly a power increase to put alot of effort in, each gear upgrade will be a bigger deal than 1 rank of concordance, unlike the paragon trait we had before NH came out. AP will become something that you get by playing, but not something you will go out of your way to get as time is better spent hunting for gear upgrades.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-06-05 at 05:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that's not in the quest area or close to getting there gets kicked.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I have no strong opinion either way because most WQ take like 2 min tops. I'm more wondering which is worse. People in this thread arguing with known shitposters or the "muh 2005 vanilla experience current day game is garbage" guy