10+ Year Old Account

game format - standard or wild ?

what is the leading format where most ppl play ? what do proffesionals play ?

i dont understand why that even exists. its just beyond me that developers decided to completely get rid of older cards. imagine this happening in MtG.
    whats the point and appeal of trading card game then ?

Standard is where most players play, professionals included.

They didn't get rid of older cards, they just made it so you can't pull older cards from packs / adventure gold purchases. Everything must be crafted. Although I do agree it was pretty dumb that they got rid of having the option to buy the packs/adventures for 'not confusing new players'. In reality they did it to make more money. If you want to take a dip into wild and/or fill gaps in wild decks you are wanting to create you need to invest dust to do it, which arguably costs much more than spending gold on packs or adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post

i dont understand why that even exists. its just beyond me that developers decided to completely get rid of older cards. imagine this happening in MtG.
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not? Exactly this does happen in MtG

Deleted

You can't trade games in hs anyway. The core issue was when TGT came out, very few people were buying TGT packs. This was because Naxx/GVG/BRM cards were overpowered in comparison, which meant in order to ensure people will buy packs in the future Blizzard needed to make expansions and adventures slowly obsolete(but they couldn't nerf the cards they had because that was a lot of free dust).

Direct result: Wild Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not? Exactly this does happen in MtG
    Yep, MtG has cycles also they go through.

They also flat out reprint older cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild is for the veteran players who still have cards from the early sets. Many players decide to disenchant those cards for dust as Hearthstone becomes more expensive with the more economical adventures phased out and 3 full blown expansions a year to keep up with. Wild can only shrink more going into the future unless Blizzard do something drastic to revive it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Wild is for the veteran players who still have cards from the early sets. Many players decide to disenchant those cards for dust as Hearthstone becomes more expensive with the more economical adventures phased out and 3 full blown expansions a year to keep up with. Wild can only shrink more going into the future unless Blizzard do something drastic to revive it.
    In my opnion, it's the exact opposite since every year means more expansions/adventures which means an even bigger card pool going into Wild, allowing for crazier and more hilarious combos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    In my opnion, it's the exact opposite since every year means more expansions/adventures which means an even bigger card pool going into Wild, allowing for crazier and more hilarious combos.
    Where will the new Wild players come from? Only people who still have their old cards and decided not to disenchant will play it and that playerbase can't grow.

For the most part people play Standard. But there is a Wild tournament coming up so over the last month you saw pros playing Wild(had to finish top 64 legend in Wild to qualify).

I mostly play Standard(actually I play Arena more than anything)but I occasionally dabble in Wild. Its fun but there are so many insanely OP combos you can build that its kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Where will the new Wild players come from? Only people who still have their old cards and decided not to disenchant will play it and that playerbase can't grow.
    I disagree for the most part. Take a game like WoW where you get many new players looking back on previous content, achieves, and other random things to do, and if it is possible to still do or get it you start seeing players who joined after the fact that the content was once current, but who decide it is cool enough to invest time in. Many newer Hearthstone players will also have this same mentality, and despite the occasional cost of investing some extra dust now and then you will see plenty of players who decide to get into wild in order to try and have their own copy of forgotten fun or past-tier meta decks.

Wild offers plenty of wacky fun decks, some of which are actually competitive in wild. Not every player cares enough about chasing the standard competitive scene, worrying that if they don't dust their older cards every year that they will somehow not catch up in that format.

Uh... they took this feature from MtG?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

for laddering and gettting ranks just for the rewards - wild

for fair play and legend - standard

I play both as it makes it easier to grind for 500 wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    with the release of a new expansion - knights of the frozen throne

what is gonna be more popular. wild or standard ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC