Nasus is pretty crazy late game, but yea, the problem is with people trying to control him early so that there won't be a late game.

I think other than wave control and personal skill, the jungler will need to put in an extra effort to at least guard the Nasus which may mean less attention on other lanes or farming time in the jungle. If they manage to counter-jg (as in counter-gank) where Nasus gets 1 or 2 kills early, I think he'd still be pretty viable.

The problem comes when the Nasus has the mentality of "I'm just gonna farm till late game then come out and fight" and/or when the jungler thinks "I just need to snowball Nasus and he'll win the game for us", worse when both are thinking like that. Nasus has a pretty nifty slow, so he could actually have quite some use on TPs (and not just use it to TP back to lane to farm after a death).

It's easier on lower elos because not only that your opponents let you farm, map awareness is generally lower and the opponent jungler usually is more absorbed with farming the jungle rather than farming champions, so it's much easier to scale into late game compared to when people start to think which lanes to snowball fast so that they can take over the game.

Well 11 out of my last 20 ranked games have been with Galio

Finally think I found my new tanky jungle / top laner who is hopefulyl carrying me out of silver into gold (been in my placements for gold twice now in the last month).
    My only issue is early gank counter jungling, since galio doesn't really have the early game safety some junglers do and I'm finally getting to the rank where counter jungling is actually a thing (in low - mid silver counter jungling happened what once every 50 games, now its every 2-3 games)

What are any tips for staying safe early on a not so strong dueling jungler?
    I usually ward the near my second Buff camp to protect from junglers wandering in, I focus on clearing as healthy as I can and backing for sustain, usually back for upgrade to hunters pot (from refillable) and boots after first clear so I can stay healthy and gank lanes, as I find galio's power comes from fairly brutal lane ganks early with access to 2 easy CC's and some actual damage.

That's pretty nice. Hmm... it'll always be easier with the SP's help (like he/she can get a control ward + 1 pot at start, which is what I always do).

Otherwise, I think you'll need to look at your opponent jg and avoid his pathing. Say you're on blue side, he starts from red side, it's either he takes blue and invade you or he takes red and invades your blue, you could always do raptors (smiteless), walk down to krugs, plant a ward at your red, do krugs, back, get a control ward, plant it at blue, do wolves or blue, then head back down to your red.

Sometimes you'll be able to play mindgames and make him either waste time trying to camp for you or if you have responsive laners, it may grab you guys a first blood. But the bad part is that you won't be out there to guard/gank any lane.

Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post
    Well 11 out of my last 20 ranked games have been with Galio

Finally think I found my new tanky jungle / top laner who is hopefulyl carrying me out of silver into gold (been in my placements for gold twice now in the last month).
    My only issue is early gank counter jungling, since galio doesn't really have the early game safety some junglers do and I'm finally getting to the rank where counter jungling is actually a thing (in low - mid silver counter jungling happened what once every 50 games, now its every 2-3 games)

What are any tips for staying safe early on a not so strong dueling jungler?
    I usually ward the near my second Buff camp to protect from junglers wandering in, I focus on clearing as healthy as I can and backing for sustain, usually back for upgrade to hunters pot (from refillable) and boots after first clear so I can stay healthy and gank lanes, as I find galio's power comes from fairly brutal lane ganks early with access to 2 easy CC's and some actual damage.
    If you want to get out of Silver, just pick a lane bully. Darius will do, or perhaps Illaoi, as Darius might get banned. Crush your lane, and get double kills when their jungler comes and carry the game, instead of being a passive tank hoping your carries will do the work while you peel.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need a champion to carry you... Hate to tell you, it's not the champions you play that are holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    If you need a champion to carry you... Hate to tell you, it's not the champions you play that are holding you back.
    This is about low elo though, if you pick a early bully and get good/decent with that champion, it will be a LOT easier to climb. People tend to give up after 2-3 deaths, or tilt hard. That's why I love Teemo, tilting is the reason I play this game now, I don't ever care about elo, as long as I stay over gold to get that free skin at the end of the season, I am more than happy.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    This is about low elo though, if you pick a early bully and get good/decent with that champion, it will be a LOT easier to climb. People tend to give up after 2-3 deaths, or tilt hard.
    ^this i agree~~ 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Champs can hold you back there is a reason Amumu has a super high win rate at lower ratings. It's because he punishes people for stacking and can hard carry team fights with some ability power items.

Every tier has it's own meta and it's one of the reason last shadow tier list are so popular. No, champion will stop you from achieving at least masters but picks can effect win rates.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-06-08 at 05:09 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Apparently Yasuo set for a mini rework now.

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    ^this i agree~~ 100%
    Yea the first season I got to gold (S5?), this was specifically how I did it - was an Elise OTP that season - I would use LoLnexus.com while the map was loading to look up everyone's ratings, experience on that champion, etc - I would spot the biggest favorable lane discrepancy between my team and theirs - and then I would look to tilt that lane.

Worked like a charm - G2 Annie vs. S5 Orianna? I would gank that poor Orianna 4 times in the first 10 minutes. I would end build my items specifically toward tilting that one lane. First tank item would be specifically to their damage type, etc. I would always drop my wards around their lane to have comfortable ganks without any enemy jungler arriving (or at least, safe exits), etc.

Even if the lane I was bullying didn't tilt, someone on their team almost always did. Suddenly when there is like a 5:0 Annie showing up in bot lane, it's everyone's (on the enemy teams) problem - and nobody can handle it: their solution was universal, blame shitty Orianna for feeding Annie - but it wasn't Orianna feeding, it was me feeding Orianna to Annie all along: silver platters, white gloves, and aperitifs

Back then, jungle powerfarming was popular - so my emphasis on lane presence was relatively novel (for Silver/Gold ELO), nowadays the opposite is true - most junglers focus on lane presence, and the utility junglers are the new imbalance who just nom up everything (Ivern, Nunu).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Champs can hold you back there is a reason Amumu has a super high win rate at lower ratings. It's because he punishes people for stacking and can hard carry team fights with some ability power items.

Every tier has it's own meta and it's one of the reason last shadow tier list are so popular. No, champion will stop you from achieving at least masters but picks can effect win rates.
    This is helpful even when smurfing. I'm only Plat 1 but there's an enormous difference in metas and playstyles between the tiers. Unless you're like a challenger player who can straight smash on raw skill alone, you have to adapt to the change. When I did my smurf accounts with friends, I didn't play the same picks in Bronze/Silver as I do to try to climb out of Plat aside from throwing in some Lee Sin games.

edit: I've found Nunu ridiculously fun in the lower elo though. Players there are so prone to tilting that good Nunu play can just make the enemy jungler rage quit and let the infighting commence.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-06-10 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    This is helpful even when smurfing. I'm only Plat 1 but there's an enormous difference in metas and playstyles between the tiers. Unless you're like a challenger player who can straight smash on raw skill alone, you have to adapt to the change. When I did my smurf accounts with friends, I didn't play the same picks in Bronze/Silver as I do to try to climb out of Plat aside from throwing in some Lee Sin games.

edit: I've found Nunu ridiculously fun in the lower elo though. Players there are so prone to tilting that good Nunu play can just make the enemy jungler rage quit and let the infighting commence.
    Found the same thing with Ivern, just live in his jungle and make his life misserable. Will end up in him not doing any ganks, because he is low level, and he is tilted for not getting his buffs.

Low elo is a whole other game compared to higher elos. Most of the games are won the first 10 minutes alone, if you are capable to create a huge enough lead between you and your lane opponent/jungler.

But once you get over Gold5 you need to start to pick more team fight, atleast that is my experience. I'm no pro though, never been higher than Gold1 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Apparently Yasuo set for a mini rework now.

Interesting.
    Every time they try mini reworsk on problematic champions they end up going poorly.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I love nunu HAH. I don't dare using it from Plat 2 and up but I'd use it without hesitation from below Plat 3 (where I'm comfortable). But sometimes I think, starving your opponent's jg may work another way round as in, it kinda speeds him up to gank lanes (unless he's those like, wth I have no jg, I shall rage quit now).

Other than this, I think one thing that always works for me (at least till Gold) easily, is Sion + Banner (last time used to be Morgana + Banner until they reworked banner). So basically I go AD reds (for last hitting and some harassing), Health seals (just for HP), CD runes (just so I have CD?), 15 AP quints (cos I max E first). You guys can try it out, basically just aim to clear waves and harass with Q and W if E hits, get TP, time your back for cannon minion, plant banner on cannon, if opponent fights you, just E W Q and run circle around your banner minion. Either he dies or he runs and you take his tower.

Haven't really played this game in a while, logged on today and saw we had "missions", thought "Wow cool! Something fun and rewarding to do!". Then after 3 missions I can't progress further...? What a let down. Well, had 3 matches in that Blood Moon mode, fun and all. But guess I'll go back to doing something else. I bet that in the end we end up with 100 essences (or what ever it is called) and have to spend money to really get anything out of it. Atleast that is how I feel Riot treats us now - pay up, or gtfo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Haven't really played this game in a while, logged on today and saw we had "missions", thought "Wow cool! Something fun and rewarding to do!". Then after 3 missions I can't progress further...? What a let down. Well, had 3 matches in that Blood Moon mode, fun and all. But guess I'll go back to doing something else. I bet that in the end we end up with 100 essences (or what ever it is called) and have to spend money to really get anything out of it. Atleast that is how I feel Riot treats us now - pay up, or gtfo.
    You get missions every day for the duration of the event.

Maybe actually give the event page a read first? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/fea...events/vs-2017
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-06-16 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You get missions every day for the duration of the event.

Maybe actually give the event page a read first? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/fea...events/vs-2017
    Yeah, just thought perhaps it was more than 1 hours of "content".

Deleted
    What happened? Why is Tryndamere now always banned? A friend of mine told me is because of something related to the Darius matchup. Strange.

Anyway, i found a new technique with Illaoi.
    I am killing my oponents under their tower non stop (every time i have ulty). Illaoi's problem is that you need your oponent to attack you and commit. Well...i walk right on top of them under their tower, use E, ulty and kill them right there.
    I don't know why i never did this before. It works great.

Really? Darius is rather good vs Tryndamere, just hit him till he ults, then wait with your own ult and kill him right after it ends.

Wow I am super happy right now.
    Finally broke through to gold, pushed myself to 1 game outside of my placements for gold 4 before I had a couple of rougher games.

Super happy, got there just using Galio Sejanui and J4.