Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why is this a surprise to everyone? The US government said they were going to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    And when the rest of the world start slapping Tarifs on US exports, Donald will have a fit and go full Twitterino, with all the sublety of a T-rex in a china store.
    But countries already do that. We are making it a two way street now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Basically, consumers are going to get punished, because conservatives don't like free trade and freedom, sad!
    This was Trump's number one campaign promise though... "To bring the jobs back"... Did people expect heavy tariffs on imports and more locally produced things would be cheaper than having basically slaves in Asia make it and import it for almost no cost?

If so they are pretty retarded.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    A lot of us have viewed them as that for almost 20 years now...
    To those who have remained consistent in their critical views, my hat is off to you. Metaphorical anyway, I don't own many hats nor ever really wear one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The US is trying hard to ruin everything they've built up over the years.
    It's sad to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's sad to see.
    Trump is trying hard to ruin everything everyone else has built up over the years.*

Which in far too many cases is fair.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I am confused by this move the US already has tariffs on solar panels in the form of anti-dumping policies, does this mean he is going to put more tariffs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    But countries already do that. We are making it a two way street now.
    But we already do that too which is why this is confusing it implies that we don't have tariffs now which we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's sad to see.
    How does this ruin anything?

If the US does indeed impose tariffs, it probably is due to some shit othr countries are doing to the US. In the case tariffs aren't put in place nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    This was Trump's number one campaign promise though... "To bring the jobs back"... Did people expect heavy tariffs on imports and more locally produced things would be cheaper than having basically slaves in Asia make it and import it for almost no cost?

Nobody ever accused voters of being intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Yea I'll take what a broney says with a huge grain of salt. This is just our president being fucking stupid.
    Might want to check who has had tariffs on chinese solar panels and when before running around calling people stupid.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

China's solar is state backed. But a tariff is a pour way to combat this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Might want to check who has had tariffs on chinese solar panels and when before running around calling people stupid.
    This is true.

US has to change their approach IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes yes, keep that protectionism trend going, put tariffs on everything. And in 10-20 year when you pay way more for a shitty product that has no "real" competition it's gonna be awesome...

See the problem is, if every one was doing the same has the us they would be no problem. The shit is almost every one is embracing free trades and you are the only country turning your back on it. Even if you are powerful and a giant market. In a world were trade is now so easy and other market are growing way faster you will just slowly lose.

The era where us was a manufacturing power are gone... the us is an economy of innovation. Manufacturing jobs are gone, the ones that used to require 12 well trained people are now done by machine supervised by one guy. And the shitty one are done in Bangladesh because no one wants to pay 50$ for a t-shirt.

Closing border might bring back some manufacturing jobs, but at what cost, the increase cost on goods and the slowing in innovation closed market favor will hurt you probably way harder in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Well it's flipside of ''jobs for Americans!!'' that few people actually think about. There's a reason these jobs were outsourced in the first place, and if companies can no longer save money on cheap labor, they will pass on costs to consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    lol, people need to understand business. This will encourage domestic production of solar panels, that is all. China, India and the US are the leading manufacturers and there was clearly a large, unpredicted influx of foreign imports to the US. This simply adds a tariff to those said imports. It has nothing to do with shunning green energy. Trump ran his campaign on things like this, so to be surprised is silly. This will help the US based company compete better and encourage the use of US made products in the US industry. India tried the same thing btw, so this isn't anything new.

This is the US, looking out for the US, which what the current US President said he wanted to do.
    It also keeps prices high and doesn't help the American consumer. Higher prices will also lead to less growth in the industry and further dependence on other forms of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    yes yes, keep that protectionism trend going, put tariffs on everything. And in 10-20 year when you pay way more for a shitty product that has no "real" competition it's gonna be awesome...

See the problem is, if every one was doing the same has the us they would be no problem. The shit is almost every one is embracing free trades and you are the only country turning your back on it. Even if you are powerful and a giant market. In a world were trade is now so easy and other market are growing way faster you will just slowly lose.

The era where us was a manufacturing power are gone... the us is an economy of innovation. Manufacturing jobs are gone, the ones that used to require 12 well trained people are now done by machine supervised by one guy. And the shitty one are done in Bangladesh because no one wants to pay 50$ for a t-shirt.

Closing border might bring back some manufacturing jobs, but at what cost, the increase cost on goods and the slowing in innovation closed market favor will hurt you probably way harder in the long run.
    Most of the emerging markets are exported driven, meaning that they need someone to buy their stuff. Guess, who is that someone?

As a sidenote, look up on the shit China is pulling

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    *sigh* #MAGA
    Actually this is good if you knew anything about economics. It will force the United States to start manufacturing solar domestically and for a real solar industry to rise up in our own borders instead of relying on imported Chinese and Indian green energy.

It's generally a win win assuming Trump doesn't say or do anything to fuck it up, which you know he will.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Most of the emerging markets are exported driven, meaning that they need someone to buy their stuff. Guess, who is that someone?

As a sidenote, look up on the shit China is pulling
    Yeah U.S buy a lot of shit form china, has the EU and other developed country, putting tariffs on china shit means your consumer pay more for it than consumer in other place in the world. And it doesn't really bring back jobs...

Don't get me wrong china is clearly doing shady shit, but US general trend toward protectionism look's like a very shitty idea to me, it will make
    U.S way less competitive in the end and their citizen will be paying way more for most goods. Protectionism has it's place, i agree that sometime it can be good to protect your citizen for example... not buy meat from a country that has low standard in there industry is good. Pushing protectionism on all front is just bad and will come to bite you in the ass hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The US is quickly turning into the worlds villain, becoming all the things we used to fight against.
    Im against tariffs, but this statement is very over the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it, can we get warning labels for this amount of edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    How does this ruin anything?

If the US does indeed impose tariffs, it probably is due to some shit othr countries are doing to the US. In the case tariffs aren't put in place nothing changes.
    How would removing yourself from the international market ruin anything?
    Yeah, think about it for a few min and come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Basically, consumers are going to get punished, because conservatives don't like free trade and freedom, sad!
    no we love free trade unfortunately that isn't what's happening here.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR