Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I literally feel handicapped when playing without shimmer
    Shimmer is a neat toy. Slipstream is a dependable asset. Being able to move while casting Evocation has saved my Evocation far more times than simply being able to blink while channeling it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It got crushed in the last PTR build, number of casts required to trigger meteor increased from 10 to 30. Fire is dead unless it has some throughput increases.
    I honestly feel like 30 is way to high. Make it 20 and give fire 5% aura buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    I honestly feel like 30 is way to high. Make it 20 and give fire 5% aura buff
    yeah, 20 seems like a more balanced spot than 30, at 30 it will provide so little dps that it isnt worth having.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I literally feel handicapped when playing without shimmer
    Shimmer is overrated on arcane. You still have 2 blinks even without this talent, and casting Evo/am while moving is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Shimmer is overrated on arcane. You still have 2 blinks even without this talent, and casting Evo/am while moving is huge.
    What? You don't get shimmer for extra blinks, you get it because it removes the GCD from blink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    What? You don't get shimmer for extra blinks, you get it because it removes the GCD from blink.
    You don't say? Shimmer may be better only on fights where you have to change position once in a while (Krosus beams). Slipstream is still saver option tho. I don't recall situations where i had to stop cast spells to move except from situations where I simply failef by using all AM stacks without reason)
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-06-02 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    frost also have ice floes which is significantly better than slipstream imo.

Think it's way too early to tell since tuning is not done.
    The major question wil be what they will do with the Glacial Spike build.
    If it will remain as it is, I can see this being very strong in ToS.

It seems that there are 9 encounters in Tomb of Sargeras which I believe will favor certain specs.
    2 of them are council (Frost/Fire)
    1 of them a two boss (Frost/Fire)
    4 single target (Arcane/Frost)
    2 add heavy (Fire)

I think Frost will be solid if things stay as they are since frost is competitive in both pure single target and cleave while being a bit more mobile than arcane.
    Especially seeing what melee are dishing out in PTR logs on single target I think it would be wise to focus on the strongest single target spec if you want to remain competitive which really seems to be just arcane/frost.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    frost also have ice floes which is significantly better than slipstream imo.
    just to bad the only spec that can have it has such little use for it(atleast on live). haste levels are just to high for it to be meaningful.

It got crushed in the last PTR build, number of casts required to trigger meteor increased from 10 to 30. Fire is dead unless it has some throughput increases.
    holy shit what a ridiculous nerf
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    holy shit what a ridiculous nerf
    Well I think that having Fire's viability dependent on those shoulders would have been a bad move anyway. We can always hope for a proper buff to fire sometime during tomb. However, the shoulders themselves are now just plain bad. Perhaps they are fiddling with the scales trying to find an appropriate number? It still won't save fire at this point though.

I just want a solid answer as to whether I should go frost or arcane for tomb though. As long as the PTR is active everything is up in the air though.

I just want a solid answer as to whether I should go frost or arcane for tomb though. As long as the PTR is active everything is up in the air though.
    You and me both... I just got my frost challenge appearance (after 60+ tries in 2 days), so my likeliness of playing arcane is pretty low!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    You and me both... I just got my frost challenge appearance (after 60+ tries in 2 days), so my likeliness of playing arcane is pretty low!
    Frost in many ways plays extremely similarly to Fire. I also suspect I'll be converting to Frost. Although I am leaving my loot specialization as Fire once 7.2.5 launches in an attempt to force the ring as I will have every Fire legendary prior to that.

Lol shoulders will be another of those legendaries that make you curse the whole world when getting them!!
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Independent of legendaries, I would guess frost of arcane.

Independent of how legion patches have gone so far, I would guess frost.

Factoring in how legion patches have gone so far, I would guess arcane.

Frost in many ways plays extremely similarly to Fire. I also suspect I'll be converting to Frost. Although I am leaving my loot specialization as Fire once 7.2.5 launches in an attempt to force the ring as I will have every Fire legendary prior to that.
    I wish I had all legendaries for a spec; I have 4 total:

Frost Belt
    Boots
    Chest
    Prydaz

I consider myself incredibly unlucky... Leaving my loot spec as frost in hopes of the bracers, but will take warp ring as a close second.

Deleted
    Well I think that having Fire's viability dependent on those shoulders would have been a bad move anyway. We can always hope for a proper buff to fire sometime during tomb. However, the shoulders themselves are now just plain bad. Perhaps they are fiddling with the scales trying to find an appropriate number? It still won't save fire at this point though.

the problem is that fire's legendaries provide a fairly big chunk of dps, so if fire is going to be a halfway decent spec for those ppl that havent been lucky enough to get the bis legendaries, then the value of those legendaries need to drop, id love for fire's dps to be closer to frost but if it is, then taking legendaries into account, fire would be the most OP spec in the game, there is a reason why frost is the least legendary dependent spec we have and thats bcoz frost does so much dps without them and frost's legendaries overall provide a significantly smaller chunk of its dps compared to fire, take the frost bracers which is our 2nd best legendary afaik and at best its a 5% st dps increase, the fire belt/bracers provide quite a bit more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    I wish I had all legendaries for a spec; I have 4 total:

Frost Belt
    Boots
    Chest
    Prydaz

I consider myself incredibly unlucky... Leaving my loot spec as frost in hopes of the bracers, but will take warp ring as a close second.
    Pffff....
    I got neck, shoulders, chest, belt, boots, sephuz and trinket. Also have 2 legendaries from when i was fure in EN.

At least my next legendary is garantueed to be bloodlust ring, wrist or hands. Hoping on the wrists ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think that maybe Fire still has hope?

I mean it's in a blue post on the front page, albeit for Elemental but representative of a more general process.

'Most of the changes you've seen to other specs in 7.2.5 thus far have been focused around addressing core mechanical issues. We've only recently begun the process of making changes intended to bring each spec's performance more in line with the others.'

Perhaps we shouldn't write fire off quite yet, it is by far our weakest spec and if anything is likely to get tuning attention it should be it.

Do you guys think that maybe Fire still has hope?

I mean it's in a blue post on the front page, albeit for Elemental but representative of a more general process.

'Most of the changes you've seen to other specs in 7.2.5 thus far have been focused around addressing core mechanical issues. We've only recently begun the process of making changes intended to bring each spec's performance more in line with the others.'

Perhaps we shouldn't write fire off quite yet, it is by far our weakest spec and if anything is likely to get tuning attention it should be it.
    Unless they buff the shoulders or give fire an all around buff, it has no hope. Fire was the weakest spec for NH and didnt get any buffs