Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Just got flamed by a tank for using cleric stance in a dungeon :P I find it hilarious to come across this when pretty much every single discussion I've seen about healers has been people complaining about people NOT using cleric stance lol. Nobody was dying at all, dungeon was going smooth as butter. Tank waited till the very end to start flaming me for using cleric stance "HEALERS AREN'T FOR DAMAGE!". Tried to reason with the guy but oh well, guess there's all types.
    Wasn't this one I just saw on reddit was it?
    http://i.imgur.com/COFkNUW.jpg

Not as bad as this healers macro. https://i.redd.it/oyn9aqvudq1z.png

That is downright offensive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Mostly annoys me because i think "he is going to pull" and start precasting a DoT or sth.
    Then he stops, the DoT lands and people bitch because I pulled.

It's ridiculous in this game anyway, one unleash after I am at the tanks position and he has the aggro but nooo people go all drama queen because s/o who is not the tank dared to aggro a trivial dungeon mob. Ugh.
    I was tanking Keeper of the Lake for a group of new players, and someone face pulled the second boss as I was typing strat, and whatevs. I just picked up aggro, moved the boss and then finished typing the strat after I got a sufficent lead on aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Mostly annoys me because i think "he is going to pull" and start precasting a DoT or sth.
    Then he stops, the DoT lands and people bitch because I pulled.
    I find it equally annoying when the tank use the countdown and then pulls the boss on 3. Like why did you even put up a countdown, cant precast either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post

Oh man that's hilarious lol! But nah, it was just some dude with his friends I think. At the end they told me not to worry about him, that he was always like that. I wasn't too worried about it, just thought it was funny considering how often I see people complaining about healers not using cleric stance :P

Holy crap what in the fuck. I'm not sure what would be better, instantly leave or try to make their job as hard as possible.

Oh man that's hilarious lol! But nah, it was just some dude with his friends I think. At the end they told me not to worry about him, that he was always like that. I wasn't too worried about it, just thought it was funny considering how often I see people complaining about healers not using cleric stance :P
    If I'm not healing a run and I see a healer dealing damage then that's an instant commendation from me. Of course unless there's a bard who uses songs which is even more rare ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Holy crap what in the fuck. I'm not sure what would be better, instantly leave or try to make their job as hard as possible.

If I'm not healing a run and I see a healer dealing damage then that's an instant commendation from me. Of course unless there's a bard who uses songs which is even more rare ;P.
    My commendation structure:

1) If a DPS out damages me, they get it. This has happened like 3 times in my years of playing.
    2) If a tank/healer does exceedingly impressive damage while maintaining their own duties.
    3) If a healer DPS's at all.

Otherwise tank generally gets it or no one.

I would have said so in party chat and then stood there until the vote kick feature was available and then kicked him. That's absolutely inexcusable IMO. Selfish prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Wh...what? I hadn't gotten that impression of what got them to start playing together at all so far. O_o

From what I understood, he just got his father, who's already a gamer, a copy and was going to set up to play alongside him in game without revealing it was his son the whole time. He was just going to befriend his father in game, but secretly it was a chance to play together. They didn't have a bad relationship, but he was a businessman, so growing up they weren't terribly close.

Seems more just a story of how a son managed to reconnect with his father through the game.

Someone has been translating the original blog here.
    From what i read the original irl story was the kid playing as a rando catgirl to catfish him. Now i wonder if it was a mistranslation or its been 'cleaned up'.

Because god knows people are strange to begin with and you give them anonymity and shit gets bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    From what i read the original irl story was the kid playing as a rando catgirl to catfish him. Now i wonder if it was a mistranslation or its been 'cleaned up'.

Because god knows people are strange to begin with and you give them anonymity and shit gets bananas.
    Well, it was blogged as it progressed. That's where it all started from. My guess is people took the fact that the son played a miqo'te female and just shortened it to spreading it as catfishing his dad. Though the "Deploy the lalafells" plan does sound a bit catfishy, I think it's written this way for comedic effect.

I've been reading the English translation. It's got a heartwarming charm. I can definitely see why Square would appreciate it.

So far I particularly like the description of how they felt seeing their dad die in game for the first time. The use of screenshots is amusing as well.

There are too many references to his childhood for this to be actual catfishing. This seems genuine about connecting with his gamer father in a clever and somewhat amusing way.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-05 at 07:08 PM.

If he's not dpsing and not keeping everyone full what the hell is he doing? That's ludicrous.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    If he's not dpsing and not keeping everyone full what the hell is he doing? That's ludicrous.
    Following someone while watching TV and healing every 10 seconds, probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV: Daddy of Light won't watch itself.

I'm reading the translated blog and.... it's surprisingly amusing.

Son: "Why won't my father speak to me?"
    FC member: "He's on PS4, right? Does he have a keyboard?"
    Son: ".........."
    FC member: "IDIOT!"

Hahahahahha

10+ Year Old Account
    My commendation structure:

1) If a DPS out damages me, they get it. This has happened like 3 times in my years of playing.
    2) If a tank/healer does exceedingly impressive damage while maintaining their own duties.
    3) If a healer DPS's at all.

Otherwise tank generally gets it or no one.
    My general commendation structure is basically the same as yours, but to add:

4) An AST who utilizes the cards in the most efficient way possible (Extended/Potent The Spire on melee and ranged is a big + when AoE is needed)
    5) BRD/MCH who'll play the appropriate song/promote as to reduce downtime at the expense of own damage (Foes is a different case, though)

The answer to the question we've all had since 3.4:

Sonic boom, rings loud from the engines
    Ironclad murder gonna 'liminate the distance
    Ain't no 'landers gonna take us (no)
    Cold dustin' the flustered is super-cali ???? tageous
    Slow down (Stop!) Takin' no hits
    'Cceleratin past us. blast us. fit to transmit (son)
    Son to the Father to the Maker's own way
    There's a method to the metal on the metal highway (yo)
    Keepin' up the pace. (What?) Keepin' with the quickness
    Keep the lightning bottled, throttled, throttle to the finish x2
    Movin', soothin', got nothing to prove and
    Pushin' all your buttons with a button pushing blue-hand
    Blue blazes, blue faces,
    Blue blood, blue truth gonna see you black and blue (right)
    Keepin' up the pace. (What?) Keepin' with the quickness
    Keep the lightning bottled, throttled, throttle to the finish x2
    Thirty thousand goblins gonna solve the goblins' problems, 'cause the
    Problems of the goblins goin' rotten till they solve 'em, yeah the
    Thirty thousand goblins gonna solve the goblins' problems, with a
    'Splodin smashin' bashin' whackin' crackin' smackin' kind of chaos
    A to the L to the E X ander
    Gobbies gonna rise up, boom like thunder
    Rise up and raise the iron roof off
    Now, Rise up and riot 'til the bomb drops
    Now, Rise up the time is right to sound off, so
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me RISE WITH ME
    Step back, the Blue's about to pull you under!

The Father of Light translation is only up to Chapter 10 out of 30 (plus a Final post and epilogue)

B-but.... I want to read them all now... T-T

So...

I don't really understand POTD : does the experience earned after 10 levels increase ? Is it supposed to be that easy ?

Homophobia is so gay.

The experience goes up slightly on higher floors... it goes up much more based on your level. It's more like a set percentage of your level (though not exactly true either).

Yes, it's supposed to be that easy. It's tuned to be do-able with any party comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So...

I don't really understand POTD : does the experience earned after 10 levels increase ? Is it supposed to be that easy ?
    Keep going, wait for the "NOT ONE, BUT A DOZEN MIMIC CHESTS!" rooms.

Doesn't that only happen when someone uses that damn item that turns a whole room into either mimics or onions?

Or does it happen randomly too?

That's why I hate that item.