Thread: New start?

7+ Year Old Account

New start?

Hey guys, as 7.2.5 and Tomb of Sargeras is in the near future I would like you to ask if it's possible to make a new start and be raid ready for the new raid?

I am at 38 Artifact Knowledge on the main character so the AP farming would speed a little bit up for my new one. The thing is I can't stand the Horde anymore since I am playing as Horde when I first started playing WoW and this is since Cataclysm release so I want to make a new start as an Alliance character.

I need something new and I know it's a little bit late but what do YOU guys think? It would be a lveling from scratch thing since I don't have the money to transfer etc.
    Last edited by Dismembered; 2017-06-05 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    I need something new and I know it's a little bit late but what do YOU guys think?
    It is possible, by the time you hit 110 you would be at AK40. But you would probably be playing 24/7 for the next 3 weeks

My alt is at 898, has 3 legos with around 5 days played. But you will run into walls re: emissary and WQ limits.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    If you have the time to level and farm gear, yes. Otherwise no, not in time for release.

Deleted
    If your goal is NOT bleeding edge Mythic raiding, you can safely do a new start. If you can, wait until you main have 40 AK, so you can buy a 40 AK for your new character.

The only random thing are the legendary, but again, you will drop them (at least first 2) very fast.

Deleted
    by the time you have waited for a few answer here you would be 110 by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is possible, by the time you hit 110 you would be at AK40. But you would probably be playing 24/7 for the next 3 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If you have the time to level and farm gear, yes. Otherwise no, not in time for release.

Yes I have plenty of time at the moment so this wouldn't be a problem :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    by the time you have waited for a few answer here you would be 110 by now.
    I just started and am leveling so no

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    AP and gear is literally 0 problem. Legendaries ... well. You will get your first two veery quick, but there is low chance that you'll get your best straight away.

Of course it really doesn't matter if you plan raid heroic or below - any two legendaries will be fine.

I guess you know it already, but when you reach AK 40 you will be able to buy instant AK 40 for any of your alts, which would make it super fast to level your weapon.

As far as gearing goes, the hard part is the 860-890. If you can get a boost group, or you can try to make one (it's not hard, just takes a little longer, and once you have around 10 people in your raid, high ilvl players will start queueing. Try make a title "AP Leg Farm Fast run" or something). After that it's just to get your mythic+10 dungeon and farm nh hc for the 3 weeks that you have until tos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    AP and gear is literally 0 problem. Legendaries ... well. You will get your first two veery quick, but there is low chance that you'll get your best straight away.

Of course it really doesn't matter if you plan raid heroic or below - any two legendaries will be fine.

You dont need ur BiS legendarys for mythic raiding aswell. It makes it alot easier but its not obligatory to have them in order to get mythic kills.
    I still dont have my BiS legendary and im progressing on Guldan atm. Always upper half on dps.

AP will be very easy after (i think tommorow) mains hit 40 knowledge, alts will be able to farm concordance in 3-4 days max.
    If you are on EU it is your lucky day cause today ND will be finished and it will be up during the reset, so - that is 4 rolls on 900 gear from world boss
    every 2 invasions you also get 1 880 item or a lucky proc so gear should be 900ish after week.
    Legendaries - well. luck.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    AP will be very easy after (i think tommorow) mains hit 40 knowledge, alts will be able to farm concordance in 3-4 days max.
    If you are on EU it is your lucky day cause today ND will be finished and it will be up during the reset, so - that is 4 rolls on 900 gear from world boss
    every 2 invasions you also get 1 880 item or a lucky proc so gear should be 900ish after week.
    Legendaries - well. luck.
    So gearing won't be a problem now aswell, looks like I am a lucky guy now, thanks and yes I am in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I guess you know it already, but when you reach AK 40 you will be able to buy instant AK 40 for any of your alts, which would make it super fast to level your weapon.

As far as gearing goes, the hard part is the 860-890. If you can get a boost group, or you can try to make one (it's not hard, just takes a little longer, and once you have around 10 people in your raid, high ilvl players will start queueing. Try make a title "AP Leg Farm Fast run" or something). After that it's just to get your mythic+10 dungeon and farm nh hc for the 3 weeks that you have until tos.
    Yeah that is the plan I am going to do, thanks.

---------

So the only thing I have to make fast now is leveling, but it is pretty quick nowadays

Curious why you "can't stand horde anymore" you do realize those characters are actual people right?

This "only kids play horde" and "only kids play Alliance" thing is said by both factions repeatedly. If you don't like one faction, you probably won't like the other as the game is exactly the same and it's still people playing with all their childish flaws from trash talking to trolling, to not being helpful because they don't feel like it.

Chances are it's your sever, not your faction.

Deleted
    yeah sure, go for it. no problem at all

I got my alt from 100-110 with 895 ilvl and my main spec artifact to 49 or so after about 3 days. This of course is with giving that char AK35 immediately after hitting lvl 110. At that point I ran EN LFR/NM/HC, TOV LFR/NM/HC. Ran a dozen or so Mythic+ dungeons, then did NH LFR/NM/HC. I obtained 2 legendaries in that 3 day window. If you factor in lvling from 1-110 you could probably do it in under a week if you dedicated some time to it.