Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up LFR: Gift Bags!!

We all know LFR is the lowest common denominator form of shit content in the game, essentially running through an instanced version of target dummy practice. To that point:

In order to make LFR better (since apparently its staying for now), would you be in support of an idea that basically awards gift bags to the top Healer, DPS and Tank that performs the best during an LFR run?

So for example, the top DPS at the end of the wing, (the game would calculate how well they performed based on damage output) would receive a "Gift Bag" that would have a chance to have a unique mount / pet / and consumable(s).

The same "Gift Bag" would be awarded to the top healer in terms of raw healing output, and the same for Tank (top damage / damage mitigated).

So essentially each LFR wing, out of 25 people, 3 people would receive gift bags based on performance.

This would motivate people to 1) perform better and 2) not just sit there afk.

This is also much different than any idea that involves making players ineligible to receive gear based on their performance. So no one is hurt by this idea.

This should make @Jtbrig7390 very happy

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-06-06 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    We already have those, it's called Call to arms and augment runes. Your idea would just encourage retarded padding *cough skorp cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    We already have those, it's called Call to arms and augment runes. Your idea would just encourage retarded padding *cough skorp cough*
    This is much different from call to arms. Call to arms only gives a bag to someone who fulfills a role that the queue is lacking. Its completely not at all along the same lines.

Awarding 3 players for top performance seems like just a nice incentive to do well during an LFR wing.

This would obviously be only eligible once per week per wing.

Except the current version of call to arms is garbage and why I dont waste my time as a healer doing raids I dont need anymore. They removed any real incentives for tanks/healers with those bags when they removed chances at mounts and pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Except the current version of call to arms is garbage and why I dont waste my time as a healer doing raids I dont need anymore. They removed any real incentives for tanks/healers with those bags when they removed chances at mounts and pets.
    This too. The call to arms doesn't have chances at mounts and pets like they used to. My Gift Bag idea would have mounts and pets in them.

Again, its all based on performance, so if you perform well (the best in the group) then you get a gift bag with a chance to contain a mount / pet / etc.

No, just because you are doing the most damage or healing doesn't mean you are attacking or healing the correct target. This idea would be exploited a lot and make LRF even worse (which I'm guess you really would want to happen).
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Since 7.2 or smth I cant even queue LFR with that bag (tank and healer). Its gone completely, runes went 2x price in AH.

imagine the massive outrage among the lesser geared players... I have no problem topping LFR healing meters even with casual half assed healing but i do think this would reward system would cause problems.

People would start trying to kick others that are over them for some kind of retarded reason. In LFR any reason to kick someone seems good enough, people mostly click yes.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Why would you want people you consider losers because they use LFR to get rewarded for using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Tank (top damage / damage mitigated).
    Tank rankings for anything other than DPS are almost impossible due to there being too many variables, warcraftlogs, for example, has tried, failed and scrapped the entire thing.

Gear is a big factor in DPS/HPS and gear levels vary widely in a LFR group so unless you're one of the better geared players I don't see how this would motivate you as you basically can't compete.

Deleted
    LFR works well. If people dont like it they dont have to do it. Plenty of others are doing it every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order to make LFR better (since apparently its staying for now), would you be in support of an idea that basically awards gift bags to the top Healer, DPS and Tank that performs the best during an LFR run?

So for example, the top DPS at the end of the wing, (the game would calculate how well they performed based on damage output) would receive a "Gift Bag" that would have a chance to have a unique mount / pet / and consumable(s).

The same "Gift Bag" would be awarded to the top healer in terms of raw healing output, and the same for Tank (top damage / damage mitigated).

So essentially each LFR wing, out of 25 people, 3 people would receive gift bags based on performance.

This is also much different than any idea that involves making players ineligible to receive gear based on their performance. So no one is hurt by this idea.

This should make @Jtbrig7390 very happy

Thoughts?
    Yes... but lets take this a step further.

For all those Godly Mythic players that just loathe others they perceive as worse than themselves... I propose the goody bag drop with personalized notes from developers.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Don't worry that everyone else looks like you, you're still special to me." -Hazzifuckoff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    imagine the massive outrage among the lesser geared players... I have no problem topping LFR healing meters even with casual half assed healing but i do think this would reward system would cause problems.

People would start trying to kick others that are over them for some kind of retarded reason. In LFR any reason to kick someone seems good enough, people mostly click yes.
    Nothing is changed in this scenario. Its just an added benefit to the top performing players. Let people do what they have always done in LFR and underperform and afk, they just wont be getting a gift bag at the end, but they would still get gear if they are lucky enough to get a high roll.

Nothing is changed in this scenario. Its just an added benefit to the top performing players. Let people do what they have always done in LFR and underperform and afk, they just wont be getting a gift bag at the end, but they would still get gear if they are lucky enough to get a high roll.
    the problem would be the gear difference.. i could top healing meters with an half assed attempt and still get the goodiebag over some undergeared player trying his very best. It would just straight up be unfair.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OniHouse View Post
    Gear is a big factor in DPS/HPS and gear levels vary widely in a LFR group so unless you're one of the better geared players I don't see how this would motivate you as you basically can't compete.
    Exactly. It gives all players the motivation to try their best and perform to the best of their ability because there is a carrot at the end of the stick.

Not everyone will get a gift bag, and thats how a system that awards the top 3 performing players in each respective role works.

Side note:

Am I missing something here? I propose an idea to give more incentives to people queuing up for LFR and i get shot down for it?

Exactly. It gives all players the motivation to try their best and perform to the best of their ability because there is a carrot at the end of the stick.
    I don't think you actually read my post, it won't motivate all players at all.. if you're doing LFR in 890 ilvl and I'm doing it in 916 you might as well not bother because you're never going to beat me anyway. The only way this would motivate all players is if the ilvl of the entire group was relatively close together and in my experience it's quite the opposite in your average LFR group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OniHouse View Post
    I don't think you actually read my post, it won't motivate all players at all.. if you're doing LFR in 890 ilvl and I'm doing it in 916 you might as well not bother because you're never going to beat me anyway. The only way this would motivate all players was if the ilvl of the entire group was relatively close together and in my experience it's quite the opposite in your average LFR group.
    Did you have a point with this post?

Honestly its a terrible idea and it isn't going to promote anything. Low geared players still won't obtain anything and they still won't put any effort or work in because they know they won't get it over the 920 player. They've already opened Normal up to casuals by making it, and I quote Watcher directly here, "a more friends and family mode" back in HFC. So no, the next logical step if they actually want to cut the lazy playerbase from LFR is to just simply remove LFR. Problem solved.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason your idea would not work is that not all classes are made equal. Some are made to have to ramp up to get better damage and others have severe burst damage.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for the top, because gears matters there, but just give loot for people with 90%+ activity could be great, because then the afks don't receive anything and with the time LFR could be better because all there will be there to play the raid and not to get the loot just being afk.