Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Having 2 sources of 20%'s means you can wear more reduction equipment on your champions and still guarantee 200%'ing basically any mission as often as you want
    Indeed! Plus, Paladin has the worst empT2 choice yet I still manage to 200% missions with T2s only giving 30% base on things, and even more of an excuse to make the Success items champions Reduction-geared like I do with Meatball and Healing Items.

It's why I value the Success Items champions as yellow on my spreadsheet as yellow even though their base % success is as poor as healing items and even dead ones like "May Heal Dead Troops" (easily the worst global bonus) or Broll Shitmantle (though in all honesty, Broll isn't the WORST choice for alts; that award goes to May Heal Dead Troops champions like Shitwing).

Also side-note: It's funny to think that if they ever gave players access to every Champion simultaneously, Druid would be the only outlier with 2 useless champs while everyone else only has 1 max (though Demon Hunters easily have the worst outlier of THE worst champion in the game with Mother. No counter AND a measly 15% bonus when alone compared to 50/75% for Moroes/Meatball and other bonuses they get).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-06-06 at 02:52 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's why I value the Success Items champions as yellow on my spreadsheet as yellow even though their base % success is as poor as healing items and even dead ones like "May Heal Dead Troops" (easily the worst global bonus) or Broll Shitmantle (though in all honesty, Broll isn't the WORST choice for alts; that award goes to May Heal Dead Troops champions like Shitwing).

Also side-note: It's funny to think that if they ever gave players access to every Champion simultaneously, Druid would be the only outlier with 2 useless champs while everyone else only has 1 max (though Demon Hunters easily have the worst outlier of THE worst champion in the game with Mother. No counter AND a measly 15% bonus when alone compared to 50/75% for Moroes/Meatball and other bonuses they get).
    Really annoys me Warrior and Druid don't have a 3rd champion of a spec (prot / resto), at least Druid can cover it with Ancient of War. So either you pick only 1 of that spec or you're forced to take one with sub-par perk.

And tbh I'd rate as "easily the worst global bonus" the one from Ymiron to summon t1 troops, warlock has a similar champion, can't remember which now (my warlock isn't done with the campaign yet).

Warrior doesn't even have a dedicated t1 troop champion, closest to it is Svergan but that's more of "needs to be alone" combined with troops. Could maybe work well with shock force but since Warrior has no healing items shock force is exclusive with 7th champion and I can't manage to squeeze Svergan into base 6 because his perk is awkward, Hodir and Ragnvald are way better whirlwind champions and Finna has more reliable bonus among the prots.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Really annoys me Warrior and Druid don't have a 3rd champion of a spec (prot / resto), at least Druid can cover it with Ancient of War. So either you pick only 1 of that spec or you're forced to take one with sub-par perk.
    Bad specs can be overcome. Nothing you can do about a bad counter like Cursed/Slowing though.

And tbh I'd rate as "easily the worst global bonus" the one from Ymiron to summon t1 troops, warlock has a similar champion, can't remember which now (my warlock isn't done with the campaign yet).
    They're both just as bad. Either the T1/T2 troop dies (you're not stupid enough to risk a T7, are you?) or you can resummon a T1 troop. Both just as horrible, though yeah I forgot about the T1 thing.

Warrior doesn't even have a dedicated t1 troop champion, closest to it is Svergan but that's more of "needs to be alone" combined with troops. Could maybe work well with shock force but since Warrior has no healing items shock force is exclusive with 7th champion and I can't manage to squeeze Svergan into base 6 because his perk is awkward, Hodir and Ragnvald are way better whirlwind champions and Finna has more reliable bonus among the prots.
    Svergan only works if he counters both the spec and any vital counters on the mission (or there are none), otherwise, he's worthless (gets like 140% max if he doesn't counter the Spec). It's why I wouldn't use him, even if you went Success + Epic T1 + Epic T2.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Svergan only works if he counters both the spec and any vital counters on the mission (or there are none), otherwise, he's worthless (gets like 140% max if he doesn't counter the Spec). It's why I wouldn't use him, even if you went Success + Epic T1 + Epic T2.
    Yep, I don't, my Warrior setup has only 1 prot (Finna) and I took extra troops instead of a 7th champion, since no healing items every time I roll a shock force with whirlwind I try to not use them as long as possible and save them for command center missions as it's quite common to see double whirlwind roll on them. If the second whirlwind is powerful / slowing it sucks to not have a backup counter for it.

I accidentally killed my feral ancient and it literally took me more than two weeks of killing at least one ancient every day to get another feral one. It didn't even die to lethal, I simply forgot to feed it shrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I accidentally killed my feral ancient and it literally took me more than two weeks of killing at least one ancient every day to get another feral one. It didn't even die to lethal, I simply forgot to feed it shrooms.
    That's inherently the problem with AoWs/any class's T7 Troops, but it's the price you pay for the convenience of having both choices.

Deleted
    does it really matter what followers you have?

Quote Originally Posted by DankFluid View Post
    I mean, do you want a serious answer with such a dismissive question? Why even come into this thread if you don't care?

Example of it mattering: Using Broll over Thisalee and Mylune over Remulos is a 30% loss if you have a T2 Troop on the mission. 30% isn't insignificant especially when I've lost bonuses on 198-199% (which can be coins, bonus gold, etc). You don't have to optimize (or even do the Order Hall if you want), but the whole point of this thread was to optimize it.

Deleted
    I mean, do you want a serious answer with such a dismissive question? Why even come into this thread if you don't care?

Example of it mattering: Using Broll over Thisalee and Mylune over Remulos is a 30% loss if you have a T2 Troop on the mission. 30% isn't insignificant especially when I've lost bonuses on 198-199% (which can be coins, bonus gold, etc). You don't have to optimize (or even do the Order Hall if you want), but the whole point of this thread was to optimize it.
    oh so in short the answer to my question was no it does not matter. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DankFluid View Post
    Well that's like coming to a dps advice thread and asking "does it matter what talents I pick", I mean you're free to pick whatever you want and have fun with it, some people enjoy finding the most mathematically optimal route while some others go "whatever yolo it's just a game".

If your champions are good for anything what matters is champion ilvl (armors) > champion equipment (trinkets) > passive perks, but yeah for me it matters that I can send 2-3 missions per session with 200% (unless I don't care about the bonus) and having only 2-3 good champions and the rest weak means often I cannot send third or second mission on 200%. That's why also Meatball's balls and similar items are useful, because it sucks to get bonus roll lost at sub 5% chance (for example sending mission at 197% and still failing the bonus).

But yeah I came to the point where I can replace Broll with Thisalee (the mount questline requires a quest that awards 15k resources and also the weekly is up for another 5k), was wondering for a long time if I should use Thisalee as a bodyguard but the 7.2 ones are way too chatty for my liking, and I don't like to install dubious addons that delete sound files from my game to mute them (that's too much tampering with the game files, could be unsafe in the long run).

7+ Year Old Account
    But yeah I came to the point where I can replace Broll with Thisalee (the mount questline requires a quest that awards 15k resources and also the weekly is up for another 5k), was wondering for a long time if I should use Thisalee as a bodyguard but the 7.2 ones are way too chatty for my liking, and I don't like to install dubious addons that delete sound files from my game to mute them (that's too much tampering with the game files, could be unsafe in the long run).
    I thought about using her as well but I see her benefit in Missions more than as a combat ally - given the fact I don't clear the board every day but rather do emissaries + broken shore. That's why I took Naralex who doesn't annoy me but creates a steady income of 250 Order Resources per WQ.

Nice comparison to a DPS advice thread btw

Can i get 6 followers as paladin can? srry for bad english.
    Last edited by gamer90; 2017-06-09 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer90 View Post
    Can i get 6 followers as paladin?
    Everyone gets 6 base (when you get your new 7.2 Champion), and you can (and should) get a 7th with the T7 advancement choice (though some classes can also keep the T7 troop alive with healing items too).

Quote Originally Posted by gamer90 View Post
    Can i get 6 followers as paladin?
    Everyone can get 6 followers, you just need to complete class campaign then go to broken shore and do the follow up quest to recruit the new champion that ups your champion cap to 6 and allows to unlock 7th champion slot on the class hall perk tree.

If you're stuck on the paladin class campaign be sure to complete the light's heart quest to retrieve it and follow up scenario, it seems to block progress on the campaign questline for many people despite some claiming it's not required.

Total champion collection is 10 for paladin and mage, and 9 for all the other classes. Then there are 2 non-class specific champions you can add. But you can never have all of them active, you will always have to disable some.

To everyone in the West, the next Command Center (it's at 1% at the time of me posting this) will be the Legendary Equipment bonus! Make sure you don't miss out on your freebie legendaries!

It will likely be around 5-6 days from now since even the Mage Tower is at only 16% and it's AFTER the Nether Disruptor (CC being third in line; the maintenance made the previous one shorter).

In other news, I'm also leveling all my toons to at least 103 to get at least a slight feel for the lower level champs, and hopefully soon to be 110 for the better ones to get a better grasp and understanding outside of just reading info. Literally every class not 110 is now 103 except for Monk and Warrior who are still 90, and Shaman finally hit 110 and completed her T7 questline.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-06-15 at 01:48 AM.

should prove useful in de fucha

Just a reminder that the US client has the Legendary Follower equip tied to the next Command Center! At the time of me posting, it's at 93% so it should be up today or tomorrow! Don't miss out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpworthy View Post
    should prove useful in de fucha
    What.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just had an idea about Champion gearing this morning:

I am using Polarthiefs recommended Druid setup without Moroes (Naralex bodyguard). Brightwing usually is deactivated and has epic quality with epic and blue +long duration gear. Should I ever get him to titled I am thinking about giving him a +T7 unit gear - as I only activate him for command center missions with Resto/Starfall/Starfall which seem to occur fairly frequently. In that case he should be able to solo a mission together with a Warden freeing all of my useful champions to do something else. Resto/Starfall/Dash can be countered in the same way and in any other case I could just keep Brightwing at home - or even let him solo a Balance or Feral mission with Meatball balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvar View Post
    as I only activate him for command center missions with Resto/Starfall/Starfall which seem to occur fairly frequently.
    It's pure RNG what you get. My RNG usually has the same exact setup for all 3 missions, but I only give a crap about the Supplies elite strikes nowadays. AP isn't worth it (since it's just more concordance, yaaaaaay...) and Nethershards, blah. Tired of Kadala and I've yet to get anything useful.

That said, if that's what happens for you, great! I'd highly recommend giving him some Reduction though as that's what lets you get 2-3 of the same mission per Command Center.

Nethershards, blah. Tired of Kadala and I've yet to get anything useful.
    It relatively lost value even further with opening of tomb, because Blizzard confirmed you can't get new legendaries or TOS items from these, while supply satchels are always chance for legendary (+gold, order resources, AP, small amounts of nethershards)

But yeah, double starfall command center missions are annoyingly frequent. Worst part is when second starfall is slowing then you have to counter both...